• Register
  • Login
  •          

    Spanky Comix : size?

    Image
      Use this forum to test avatars, signatures or whatever

    Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

    Spanky Comix : size?

    Postby SandRider » 01 Aug 2010 15:42

    before I do any more of TheSpankster's SuperAwesome Adventures,
    I want some feedback - I noticed the fonts are kinda hard to read the
    way I posted them - the originals in the 3D rendering engine are huge -

    I'm linking them from photobucket:
    http://s870.photobucket.com/albums/ab269/Spanky_McDune/
    this is the "default album" for "Spanky McDune" and all images there are 800x600
    I've also uploaded "full size" images (1598x971)(biggest photobucket will let me load for free ...)
    to the album "The Adventures of Spanky McDune Full Size":
    http://s870.photobucket.com/albums/ab26 ... ll%20Size/

    (and somebody let me know if those links work - I still get messed up when trying to link to a page on a website that I am logged into ...)



    so, a panel at 800x600:
    Image

    and at 1600x970:
    Image



    I realize this size will stretch the page, and if you don't have a big-ass monitor,
    it could be a pain in the ass - the rendering engine will apparently produce an
    image of however big you want - atleast 20Kx20K, and maybe more, there's alot
    of settings and mode I don't understand or need ....

    or, I could just take more time, and make the scenes more close-up and the dialog
    boxes bigger and clearer ... also, I forgot about the photobucket ban on "pornography",
    so somebody needs to suggest a photohosting site that will not have an issue with
    "Jabecca & the IG-69 Sexbot" or 3D renderings of a fat guy's dong ...

    I had another issue or two for this post, but damn me if I can think of them now ....
    ................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
    ImageImage

    I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
    how to fully interact with people.
    ~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
    User avatar
    SandRider
    Watermaster
     
    Posts: 6163
    Joined: 05 Oct 2008 16:14
    Location: In the back of your mind. Always.

    Re: Spanky Comix : size?

    Postby lotek » 01 Aug 2010 15:47

    yeah the second one is a bit too big :)
    And part of the text is too small even at this size anyway...

    I use www.tinypic.com for my uploads, dunno if they like porn or not though.

    How about you use a thumbnail to link to the big version of the pic?

    That way the Super Awesome Adventures will be on one post that you can update as you go along while the rest of us comment and talk shit in the thread!
    Spice is the worm's gonads.
    User avatar
    lotek
     
    Posts: 5734
    Joined: 28 Jul 2009 08:33

    Re: Spanky Comix : size?

    Postby DuneFishUK » 01 Aug 2010 16:18

    Big 'uns look blurry :?
    User avatar
    DuneFishUK
     
    Posts: 1987
    Joined: 25 May 2008 14:14
    Location: Cool Britannia

    Re: Spanky Comix : size?

    Postby SandRider » 01 Aug 2010 17:16

    yeah, I can't find any "word ballon" or "comic ballon" objects ... those are other 3D model object
    with a quick&cheap Paint text box image for their textures ... not the best solution, but then,
    I'm a total novice at this kinda thing ...

    I was going to ask you if you thought you could design a "McDune" font ...
    not sure what that would look like ... or make or find or suggest an appropriate
    font for Spanky's dialog ....

    @lotek, I really don't want to link off-site; the vast majority of links to other pages here
    go unread by me - I really don't have time to let some other website load up, and you
    people link to some bloated pages - (remember, cheap old bastard, very rural area,
    56k modem dial-up connection that never goes above 4.2 and seems to average 3.5 ....
    and godfuckingforbid if the antivirus has taken enough of "not at this time" to the update
    prompt and HAL9000's this rig and gets it's new definitions on it's own ... and fuck
    a Windoze update ... I've just left thing downloading and came back in hours later and the
    connection was dropped, or the ISP has strangled me down to 10kps and the "estimated
    time" is in days .....)

    altho, I did put the bigger ones in the photobucket,
    and had been thinking about linking those to a dark corner of T(A)U ...
    ................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
    ImageImage

    I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
    how to fully interact with people.
    ~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
    User avatar
    SandRider
    Watermaster
     
    Posts: 6163
    Joined: 05 Oct 2008 16:14
    Location: In the back of your mind. Always.

    Re: Spanky Comix : size?

    Postby DuneFishUK » 01 Aug 2010 18:12

    The current official Dune font is Priori Serif (WoD, PoD mmpb, Butterland reprints)

    Image

    The problem is, I think it actually looks rather nice. :?
    User avatar
    DuneFishUK
     
    Posts: 1987
    Joined: 25 May 2008 14:14
    Location: Cool Britannia

    Re: Spanky Comix : size?

    Postby Freakzilla » 01 Aug 2010 18:22

    It should be in a crayon font, each letter a different color. Like a six-year-old wrote it.

    http://www.dafont.com/pastel-crayon.font
    Image
    Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
    ~Pink Snowman
    User avatar
    Freakzilla
    Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
     
    Posts: 18093
    Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
    Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA

    Re: Spanky Comix : size?

    Postby DuneFishUK » 01 Aug 2010 18:25

    Something like this?

    Image
    User avatar
    DuneFishUK
     
    Posts: 1987
    Joined: 25 May 2008 14:14
    Location: Cool Britannia

    Re: Spanky Comix : size?

    Postby Freakzilla » 01 Aug 2010 18:45

    Is that for real? :lol:
    Image
    Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
    ~Pink Snowman
    User avatar
    Freakzilla
    Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
     
    Posts: 18093
    Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
    Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA

    Re: Spanky Comix : size?

    Postby lotek » 01 Aug 2010 19:05

    tacky as it is I'm sure it is for real :)

    And it looks like they gave the sandrider the font he was looking for! Someone call the kjasf and tell them it's done, the day has arrived where they actually were of some use!

    sandrider wrote:@lotek, I really don't want to link off-site; the vast majority of links to other pages here
    go unread by me - I really don't have time to let some other website load up, and you
    people link to some bloated pages - (remember, cheap old bastard, very rural area,
    56k modem dial-up connection that never goes above 4.2 and seems to average 3.5 ....
    and godfuckingforbid if the antivirus has taken enough of "not at this time" to the update
    prompt and HAL9000's this rig and gets it's new definitions on it's own ... and fuck
    a Windoze update ... I've just left thing downloading and came back in hours later and the
    connection was dropped, or the ISP has strangled me down to 10kps and the "estimated
    time" is in days .....)


    nice rant! Respect for using that 56k! I remember those not so fondly :) I also lived in a rural area(yeah in France)and one of our English neighbours had the internet, and fond as he was of the bottle you had had plenty of whisky down your throat even before the first page loaded up... then it could become problematic answering your emails :)

    So yeah don't link off site while drinking that's my advice, helpful or not it makes sense to someone somewhere I'm sure!

    What was that all about?

    Aw yes Spanky's Adventures!

    There's something to do with his motto
    "I adventure hard so you don't have to!"
    Spice is the worm's gonads.
    User avatar
    lotek
     
    Posts: 5734
    Joined: 28 Jul 2009 08:33

    Re: Spanky Comix : size?

    Postby DuneFishUK » 01 Aug 2010 19:13

    Freakzilla wrote:Is that for real? :lol:

    Direct hotlink from KJASF.com - we're leeching his bandwidth as we speak :)
    User avatar
    DuneFishUK
     
    Posts: 1987
    Joined: 25 May 2008 14:14
    Location: Cool Britannia

    Re: Spanky Comix : size?

    Postby Freakzilla » 01 Aug 2010 19:14

    SandRider wrote:yeah, I can't find any "word ballon" or "comic ballon" objects ... those are other 3D model object
    with a quick&cheap Paint text box image for their textures ... not the best solution, but then,
    I'm a total novice at this kinda thing ...

    I was going to ask you if you thought you could design a "McDune" font ...
    not sure what that would look like ... or make or find or suggest an appropriate
    font for Spanky's dialog ....

    @lotek, I really don't want to link off-site; the vast majority of links to other pages here
    go unread by me - I really don't have time to let some other website load up, and you
    people link to some bloated pages - (remember, cheap old bastard, very rural area,
    56k modem dial-up connection that never goes above 4.2 and seems to average 3.5 ....
    and godfuckingforbid if the antivirus has taken enough of "not at this time" to the update
    prompt and HAL9000's this rig and gets it's new definitions on it's own ... and fuck
    a Windoze update ... I've just left thing downloading and came back in hours later and the
    connection was dropped, or the ISP has strangled me down to 10kps and the "estimated
    time" is in days .....)

    altho, I did put the bigger ones in the photobucket,
    and had been thinking about linking those to a dark corner of T(A)U ...


    Satellite Internet
    Image
    Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
    ~Pink Snowman
    User avatar
    Freakzilla
    Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
     
    Posts: 18093
    Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
    Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA

    Re: Spanky Comix : size?

    Postby SandChigger » 01 Aug 2010 21:30

    DuneFishUK wrote:
    Freakzilla wrote:Is that for real? :lol:

    Direct hotlink from KJASF.com - we're leeching his bandwidth as we speak :)

    Let's see if he or a flunky has the balls to contact Freak about it. :)
    I have heard of only one mistake that doesn’t have an explanation for a careful reader...with an open mind. (And, no, I’m not going to tell you what it is!) —KJA

    I don't like every writer's style; for instance, I have never been able to get through Ursula LeGuin, China Mieville, or Iain Banks, all of whom are critical darlings. —KJA

    I...had written a bunch of Star Wars and X-Files books...that proved not just that I'm a hack, but that I could write in somebody else's universe... —KJA
    User avatar
    SandChigger
    KJASF Ground Zero
     
    Posts: 14490
    Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
    Location: "Whatcha having, shoog? Hurry up and order now, I ain't got all day!"

    Re: Spanky Comix : size?

    Postby TheDukester » 01 Aug 2010 22:12

    DuneFishUK wrote:Direct hotlink from KJASF.com - we're leeching his bandwidth as we speak :)

    From what I'm hearing lately, we might be the only ones using any of his bandwidth ... :dance:
    "Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
    User avatar
    TheDukester
     
    Posts: 3808
    Joined: 20 Jun 2008 13:44
    Location: Operation Enduring Bacon

    Re: Spanky Comix : size?

    Postby Freakzilla » 01 Aug 2010 22:24

    SandChigger wrote:
    DuneFishUK wrote:
    Freakzilla wrote:Is that for real? :lol:

    Direct hotlink from KJASF.com - we're leeching his bandwidth as we speak :)

    Let's see if he or a flunky has the balls to contact Freak about it. :)


    He'll be contacting... The Tidwell! :lol:
    Image
    Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
    ~Pink Snowman
    User avatar
    Freakzilla
    Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
     
    Posts: 18093
    Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
    Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA

    Re: Spanky Comix : size?

    Postby SandRider » 01 Aug 2010 22:39

    Freakzilla wrote:
    SandRider wrote:
    @lotek, I really don't want to link off-site; the vast majority of links to other pages here
    go unread by me - I really don't have time to let some other website load up, and you
    people link to some bloated pages - (remember, cheap old bastard, very rural area,
    56k modem dial-up connection that never goes above 4.2 and seems to average 3.5 ....
    and godfuckingforbid if the antivirus has taken enough of "not at this time" to the update
    prompt and HAL9000's this rig and gets it's new definitions on it's own ... and fuck
    a Windoze update ... I've just left thing downloading and came back in hours later and the
    connection was dropped, or the ISP has strangled me down to 10kps and the "estimated
    time" is in days .....)


    Satellite Internet
    ................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
    ImageImage

    I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
    how to fully interact with people.
    ~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
    User avatar
    SandRider
    Watermaster
     
    Posts: 6163
    Joined: 05 Oct 2008 16:14
    Location: In the back of your mind. Always.

    Re: Spanky Comix : size?

    Postby Freakzilla » 01 Aug 2010 23:28

    It's not that expensive.
    Image
    Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
    ~Pink Snowman
    User avatar
    Freakzilla
    Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
     
    Posts: 18093
    Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
    Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA

    Re: Spanky Comix : size?

    Postby Omphalos » 02 Aug 2010 01:43

    Freakzilla wrote:
    SandChigger wrote:
    DuneFishUK wrote:
    Freakzilla wrote:Is that for real? :lol:

    Direct hotlink from KJASF.com - we're leeching his bandwidth as we speak :)

    Let's see if he or a flunky has the balls to contact Freak about it. :)


    He'll be contacting... The Tidwell! :lol:


    THOU HATH MISSPAKE MY NAME!!!
    User avatar
    Omphalos
    Inglorious Bastard
     
    Posts: 6593
    Joined: 05 Feb 2008 11:07
    Location: The Mighty Central Valley of California

    Re: Spanky Comix : size?

    Postby Robspierre » 02 Aug 2010 01:53

    Freakzilla wrote:
    SandChigger wrote:
    DuneFishUK wrote:
    Freakzilla wrote:Is that for real? :lol:

    Direct hotlink from KJASF.com - we're leeching his bandwidth as we speak :)

    Let's see if he or a flunky has the balls to contact Freak about it. :)


    He'll be contacting... The Tidwell! :lol:



    Tidlwell, sounds like a porn name, boom chika wow wow.

    Rob
    User avatar
    Robspierre
     
    Posts: 2160
    Joined: 19 Feb 2008 10:49
    Location: Cascadia

    Re: Spanky Comix : size?

    Postby Freakzilla » 02 Aug 2010 02:26

    :oops: Spell check didn't catch that one! (Added to dictionary...)
    Image
    Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
    ~Pink Snowman
    User avatar
    Freakzilla
    Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
     
    Posts: 18093
    Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
    Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA

    Re: Spanky Comix : size?

    Postby twistedmentat » 02 Aug 2010 06:16

    wow there really is a kjaspecialforces!!! i thought it was an inside joke amongst you all. i went to the website and you have to have an access code by special invitation to join. Then there is a huge disclaimer portion of the application process, where one of the parts makes you swear that your a loyal kja fan. It seemed very cultish/creepy to me. It says you'll be asked to post positive reviews on amazon.com. Its like nazi recruitment or something, i need a shower... ... i think their listening to my thoughts......:shifty:
    User avatar
    twistedmentat
     
    Posts: 41
    Joined: 15 Jul 2010 06:07

    Re: Spanky Comix : size?

    Postby merkin muffley » 02 Aug 2010 09:23

    twistedmentat wrote:wow there really is a kjaspecialforces!!!


    This is the same reaction I had. Unbelievable, isn't it? You should see the pictures of some of the members ("David James" is one of them, IIRC...)
    "I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."
    User avatar
    merkin muffley
     
    Posts: 1584
    Joined: 23 Apr 2010 15:18
    Location: War Room

    Re: Spanky Comix : size?

    Postby SandChigger » 02 Aug 2010 10:22

    HE is a GOD among men! :pray:

    :?: :!:

    Oh, sorry, I meant HOG. He is a HOG among men. :P
    I have heard of only one mistake that doesn’t have an explanation for a careful reader...with an open mind. (And, no, I’m not going to tell you what it is!) —KJA

    I don't like every writer's style; for instance, I have never been able to get through Ursula LeGuin, China Mieville, or Iain Banks, all of whom are critical darlings. —KJA

    I...had written a bunch of Star Wars and X-Files books...that proved not just that I'm a hack, but that I could write in somebody else's universe... —KJA
    User avatar
    SandChigger
    KJASF Ground Zero
     
    Posts: 14490
    Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
    Location: "Whatcha having, shoog? Hurry up and order now, I ain't got all day!"

    Re: Spanky Comix : size?

    Postby SandRider » 02 Aug 2010 14:48

    merkin muffley wrote:
    twistedmentat wrote:wow there really is a kjaspecialforces!!!


    This is the same reaction I had. Unbelievable, isn't it? You should see the pictures of some of the members ("David James" is one of them, IIRC...)


    despite the persistent rumors on the innerwebz,
    we don't do much lyin' about TheKeith ....

    we don't have to ....
    ................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
    ImageImage

    I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
    how to fully interact with people.
    ~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
    User avatar
    SandRider
    Watermaster
     
    Posts: 6163
    Joined: 05 Oct 2008 16:14
    Location: In the back of your mind. Always.

    Re: Spanky Comix : size?

    Postby lotek » 02 Aug 2010 15:14

    SandRider wrote:despite the persistent rumors on the innerwebz,
    we don't do much lyin' about TheKeith ....

    we don't have to ....


    yeah but those rumours(yes it spells with a U in the UK, like it or not, neighboUr ;) )are spread by the kjasf and their cohorts, and they're idiots... and that is spelled P R E E Q in any language!
    Spice is the worm's gonads.
    User avatar
    lotek
     
    Posts: 5734
    Joined: 28 Jul 2009 08:33

    Re: Spanky Comix : size?

    Postby TheDukester » 02 Aug 2010 15:21

    twistedmentat wrote:wow there really is a kjaspecialforces!!!

    Breath-taking, isn't it? The man's ego — and need for validation, of course — is simply without limit.

    He also sells shirts that say "Kevin J. Anderson fan." No, really:

    http://bit.ly/dqECEL
    "Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
    User avatar
    TheDukester
     
    Posts: 3808
    Joined: 20 Jun 2008 13:44
    Location: Operation Enduring Bacon

    Next

    Return to ˲

    Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest