• Register
  • Login
  •          

Chapter 17

ʙᴏᴏᴋ ꜰᴏᴜʀ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴜɴᴇ ᴄʜʀᴏɴɪᴄʟᴇꜱ

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Chapter 17

Postby Freakzilla » 01 Mar 2008 12:31

The female sense of sharing originated as familial sharing-care of the young,
    the gathering and preparation of food, sharing joys, love and sorrows. Funeral
    lamentation originated with women. Religion began as a female monopoly, wrested
    from them only after its social power became too dominant. Women were the first
    medical researchers and Practitioners. There has never been any clear balance
    between the sexes because power goes with certain roles as it certainly goes
    with knowledge.

-The Stolen Journals

Reverend Mother Anteac has been told by a Fish Speaker that the Bene Gesserit audience with the God Emperor has been moved from third to last. She fears there may be no spice left by the time they see Leto. She is grilling an acolyte messenger who has been in contact with the Ixians. She tells Anteac that the Ixians are awaiting the arrival of Hwi Noree, the new ambassador. While she was at the embassy, a Tleilaxu face dancer gave her a message, they will attempt to assassinate Leto today before he reaches Onn. Yake, the temporary ambassador gives her a secret message, the Ixian embassy has been invaded and infested with face dancers. Anteac, a secret mentat, discusses the translation of the Stolen Journals with Reverend Mother Luyseyal. They reveal that Siona is hidden from prescients like a Guild Navigator, she fades. They decide to prepare for the worst and call in a Fish Speaker to send a warning to Lord Leto.
    Freakzilla
    Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Re: Chapter 17

Postby Freakzilla » 20 Jul 2012 11:06

No revisions.
    Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
    ~Pink Snowman
    Freakzilla

Postby JasterMereel » 26 Jun 2016 06:41

Reverend Mother Anteac is the one who is a Mentat, not Luyseyal.

"Yes, with high probability"
    "You should be careful with terms such as high probability," Luyseyal said. "We don't want anyone thinking you're a Mentat."
    Anteac's tone was dry. "I presume you will not give me away."
    JasterMereel

Postby Freakzilla » 27 Jun 2016 05:38

JasterMereel wrote:Reverend Mother Anteac is the one who is a Mentat, not Luyseyal.

"Yes, with high probability"
    "You should be careful with terms such as high probability," Luyseyal said. "We don't want anyone thinking you're a Mentat."
    Anteac's tone was dry. "I presume you will not give me away."

OOPS! Good catch, thanks.
    Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
    ~Pink Snowman
    Freakzilla

Postby JasterMereel » 29 Jun 2016 12:33

OOPS! Good catch, thanks.

No problem! Just recently found this forum and it's nice to find people who reject Brian Herbert's horrible novels as much as I do. On my third re-read in a row now so I'm catching more details.
    JasterMereel

Return to ˱