• Login
  •          

Chapter 04

ʙᴏᴏᴋ sɪx ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴜɴᴇ ᴄʜʀᴏɴɪᴄʟᴇꜱ

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Chapter 04

Postby Freakzilla » 08 Mar 2008 11:15

Rules build up fortifications behind which small minds create satrapies. A
    perilous state of affairs in the best of times, disastrous during crises.

-Bene Gesserit Coda

Logno, senior aid to the Great Honored Matre, Dama, is summoned to Dama's darkened bedchamber where she's having sex with a Futar. Dama managed to save some secret weapons from "the disaster of The Scattering" and she is inquiring about the progress of an Ixian attempt to duplicate it. The HMs however have not told the Ixians what the device is. The HM's enemy, "The Ones of Many Faces" confiscated the rest of their secret weapons and are the ones whe set the futars against them. They plan to attack Buzzel, a Bene Gesserit planet rich in Soostones. They think it could be a trap. Dama orders Logno to bond some more smugglers and question them about Buzzel's defenses.
    Freakzilla
    Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Re: Chapter 04

Postby mrpsbrk » 27 Nov 2009 16:59

POV CHARACTER: Logno

ALSO STARRING: Spider Queen

THEMATIC ANALISYS: There is a parallel between the Spider Queen and Odrade in that both are exagerately daring. Logno, on the other hand, seems to exemplify the "small minds" of the chapter quote. And we see that the HMs do give a big importance to soostones, which might be just a sign of greed or maybe something else.

As a sidenote, instead of talking about an enemy, Logno speaks first of a Disaster, just then thinking about the New Face Dancers...

QUESTIONS: What exactly is the "Council" that retains the charges to "the weapon"?
    Marcio (mrpsbrk) does believe in Lord Leto over all other wills and reasons ;-)
    mrpsbrk

Postby A Little Galach » 11 May 2010 16:35

mrpsbrk wrote:POV CHARACTER: Logno

ALSO STARRING: Spider Queen

THEMATIC ANALISYS: There is a parallel between the Spider Queen and Odrade in that both are exagerately daring. Logno, on the other hand, seems to exemplify the "small minds" of the chapter quote. And we see that the HMs do give a big importance to soostones, which might be just a sign of greed or maybe something else.

As a sidenote, instead of talking about an enemy, Logno speaks first of a Disaster, just then thinking about the New Face Dancers...

QUESTIONS: What exactly is the "Council" that retains the charges to "the weapon"?

I have this question as well. At first I thought it was a council of HM, but that seems very un-HM-like.
    A Little Galach

Postby Freakzilla » 28 Aug 2012 11:29

Revised
    Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
    ~Pink Snowman
    Freakzilla
    Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Return to ˱