• Register
  • Login
  •          

    Chapter 30

    Image
      ʙᴏᴏᴋ sɪx ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴜɴᴇ ᴄʜʀᴏɴɪᴄʟᴇꜱ

    Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

    Re: Chapter 30

    Postby inhuien » 16 Jun 2011 12:30

    We're getting into a drift here I know, but I think the obvious reason there's no mention of her in GEoD is that he meant it to be the last Dune novel, at least when he wrote it.
    Image
    User avatar
    inhuien
     
    Posts: 3629
    Joined: 09 Feb 2008 05:03
    Location: right here as in not (all) there

    Re: Chapter 30

    Postby Freakzilla » 16 Jun 2011 12:55

    Once the worms reappeared, it was only a matter of time before someone rode one again.
    Image
    Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
    ~Pink Snowman
    User avatar
    Freakzilla
    Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
     
    Posts: 18057
    Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
    Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA

    Re: Chapter 30

    Postby JustSomeGuy » 16 Jun 2011 17:43

    SandChigger wrote:
    antonio wrote:However, in Sheeana's case, she appears less affected by the Agony, and therefore, by implication, less affected by the presence of Other Memory/Ancestor Memory itself. It is as if, like Siona (invisible to prescience), Sheeana is invisible to Ancestor Memories and therefore freed from the antiquated strictures of human history, and empowered to confront difficult challenges from a totally unique perspective.

    Textual support? (=Quotes?)


    I'd like to hear more. Read. You know what I mean.
    I bring nothing to the table.
    User avatar
    JustSomeGuy
     
    Posts: 791
    Joined: 26 Feb 2011 03:02

    Re: Chapter 30

    Postby Freakzilla » 16 Jun 2011 18:02

    JustSomeGuy wrote:
    SandChigger wrote:
    antonio wrote:However, in Sheeana's case, she appears less affected by the Agony, and therefore, by implication, less affected by the presence of Other Memory/Ancestor Memory itself. It is as if, like Siona (invisible to prescience), Sheeana is invisible to Ancestor Memories and therefore freed from the antiquated strictures of human history, and empowered to confront difficult challenges from a totally unique perspective.

    Textual support? (=Quotes?)


    I'd like to hear more. Read. You know what I mean.


    I've already posted textual evidence to the contrary, but if there's more...
    Image
    Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
    ~Pink Snowman
    User avatar
    Freakzilla
    Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
     
    Posts: 18057
    Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
    Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA

    Re: Chapter 30

    Postby inhuien » 16 Jun 2011 19:04

    Freakzilla wrote:Once the worms reappeared, it was only a matter of time before someone rode one again.
    Of course there would be, they were more aggressive, but they were still worms. What she did was much more than that, she spoke to the Pearl within via her refined paul/chani/leto/siona/fremandance/spiceorgy/siaynoq/marketdance thingamajig.
    Image
    User avatar
    inhuien
     
    Posts: 3629
    Joined: 09 Feb 2008 05:03
    Location: right here as in not (all) there

    Re: Chapter 30

    Postby Freakzilla » 16 Jun 2011 19:47

    inhuien wrote:
    Freakzilla wrote:Once the worms reappeared, it was only a matter of time before someone rode one again.
    Of course there would be, they were more aggressive, but they were still worms. What she did was much more than that, she spoke to the Pearl within via her refined paul/chani/leto/siona/fremandance/spiceorgy/siaynoq/marketdance thingamajig.


    Oh yeah, I forgot.

    :wink:

    I believe the prediction was for a "sandrider".

    Lucilla inhaled a deep breath. Was the entire design for the Duncan Idaho
    gholas to be shared with her now?
    "There is a female child named Sheeana Brugh on Rakis," Schwangyu said. "She
    can control the giant worms."
    Lucilla concealed her alertness. Giant worms. Not Shai-hulud. Not Shaitan.
    Giant worms. The sandrider predicted by the Tyrant had appeared at last!


    I think we're making too much of the prediction and missing the big picture.

    The point was, the BG were looking for someone who could control the worms, notice where I started the above quote.
    Image
    Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
    ~Pink Snowman
    User avatar
    Freakzilla
    Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
     
    Posts: 18057
    Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
    Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA

    Re: Chapter 30

    Postby antonio » 23 Jun 2011 17:34

    Freakzilla wrote:I think a group of strong Reverend Mothers, The Bashar, Duncan Idaho, the Last Master and the Jews will be able to take care of themselves wherever they go.

    More like, take over.


    Yeah, I agree. That is a great collection of people. I had the impression that there were Futars on the ship also:

    "I bring Futars to attract Handlers. Honored Matres fear a biological weapon from the Scattering that made vegetables of them. Handlers may be the source. Prepare to keep Rabbi and party in no-ship. Honor their secrecy. And remove
    the protective mines from the ship!"
    antonio
     
    Posts: 38
    Joined: 14 Apr 2011 19:08

    Re: Chapter 30

    Postby Freakzilla » 05 Sep 2012 12:07

    Revised
    Image
    Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
    ~Pink Snowman
    User avatar
    Freakzilla
    Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
     
    Posts: 18057
    Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
    Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA

    Previous

    Return to ˱

    Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

    cron