Jessica to the Winds of Dune inconsistencies!

    Abandon all sanity ye who enter here

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

User avatar
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero
Posts: 14492
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
Location: A continuing state of irritation
Contact:

Postby SandChigger » 28 Feb 2009 00:54

OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD I'M GONNA SHIT MYSELF! AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! IT'S TOO FUCKING MUCH!!! :laughing:

Image

User avatar
TheDukester
Posts: 3808
Joined: 20 Jun 2008 13:44
Location: Operation Enduring Bacon
Contact:

Postby TheDukester » 28 Feb 2009 01:06

I hope it's the 100 hours per week thing; that would at least be for a noble cause.

If it's not, though ... then: Byron! Smoke less dope!
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.

User avatar
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero
Posts: 14492
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
Location: A continuing state of irritation
Contact:

Postby SandChigger » 28 Feb 2009 01:10

That would be putting a more positive spin on it than I am willing to extend to ole ByrByr anymore. :?

After that "alien roads" and some other threads over on DN, I figure he just can't read.


(Since I was the OP on this thread, I've edited the title to reflect the new sitch. :P )
Last edited by SandChigger on 28 Feb 2009 01:16, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Tleszer
Posts: 2161
Joined: 17 Feb 2008 18:02

Postby Tleszer » 28 Feb 2009 01:11

SandChigger wrote:(Since I was the OP on this thread, I've edited the title to reflect the new sitch. :P )


Classic. :lol: :lol: :lol:

EDIT: I can't believe SandRider is missing this. :D
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie

User avatar
TheDukester
Posts: 3808
Joined: 20 Jun 2008 13:44
Location: Operation Enduring Bacon
Contact:

Postby TheDukester » 28 Feb 2009 01:23

Tleszer wrote:I can't believe SandRider is missing this.

Off doing a Blowing Up Damn Yankees re-enactment?

Picketing the Texas 6-Man Football Rules Committee meeting, maybe?

I'm just tossing stuff out here ... :wink:
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.

User avatar
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero
Posts: 14492
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
Location: A continuing state of irritation
Contact:

Postby SandChigger » 28 Feb 2009 02:14

I think he's off in west Texas playing Don Quixote.

Something about windmills.

HEY! Maybe he'll see Jessica blowing by and figure out something's up! :lol:

User avatar
inhuien
Posts: 3633
Joined: 09 Feb 2008 05:03
Location: right here as in not (all) there

Postby inhuien » 28 Feb 2009 06:14

A Bored Admin wrote:Hi all. FYI, there's a scheduled change in the titles of the upcoming new DUNE releases (as you can see from the change in this forum's title). Jessica of Dune is being changed to JESSICA TO THE WINDS OF DUNE. And Irulan of Dune will be changed to IRULAN TO THE THRONE OF DUNE.

The first thing I thought when I read of the change in titles was that it's a marketing strategy to accomplish 2 things: 1. Free Publicity ( I wonder if this is the first time they’ve pulled this shite 6 months before the publication date of a new book ). 2. Would be to distance these new books from the less then mighty PoD.
Byron’s use of the word "scheduled" above of course does nothing to dissuade me.
Image

User avatar
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener
Posts: 3292
Joined: 10 Feb 2008 16:27

Postby Nekhrun » 28 Feb 2009 09:36

SandChigger wrote:
TheDukester wrote:Sam here; I thought you guys were joking.

Hello, SAM! Welcome to the boards! :P

Leave it to "Gawd, I must be more tired that I thought" DUMBFUCK Byron to flub a simple message. When you want the straight shit, go to the asshole:

KJA on his MySpace blog wrote:NEW DUNE TITLE

After brainstorming together, Brian and I have decided to change the title of JESSICA OF DUNE to THE WINDS OF DUNE. We think it better conveys the large scope of the story, the epic feel of the novel, rather than implying it's just a small story about one person. Jessica is still the prominent character, but she isn't the only character and the story covers a lot of ground. The novel will be released August 4.

Along similar lines, and for similar reasons, we are also going to change the next Dune book from IRULAN to THE THRONE OF DUNE. But don't look for that one until 2011.

Sheesh. :roll:

This makes no sense at all, and therefore is typical of these idiots.

That's too bad, I wanted them to keep the titles because they reflect the theme of the Heroes of Dune. How are Winds and a Throne heroes?

User avatar
Mr. Teg
Moderator
Posts: 699
Joined: 11 Feb 2008 10:14
Location: Chair
Contact:

Postby Mr. Teg » 28 Feb 2009 09:53

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

No, can't type comment...laughing too much :lol:
CHOAM
Combine Herbert Ober Anderson Mercantile, Narf!
Brian, Kevin & Byron Image The HLP

User avatar
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
Posts: 18244
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Contact:

Postby Freakzilla » 28 Feb 2009 09:55

Nekhrun wrote:That's too bad, I wanted them to keep the titles because they reflect the theme of the Heroes of Dune. How are Winds and a Throne heroes?


Well, let's see...

The wind was the real hero in Dune. Without it Paul may not have beaten the Sardaukar and Saddam was in a bad mood because they set the Lion throne down on his pinky toe.
Image
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman

User avatar
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener
Posts: 3292
Joined: 10 Feb 2008 16:27

Postby Nekhrun » 28 Feb 2009 09:58

We're one step closer to the mega-ultimate best title ever: Dunes of Dune!

User avatar
orald
Posts: 3010
Joined: 28 Feb 2008 14:48
Location: Maximum Security Mental Hospital
Contact:

Postby orald » 28 Feb 2009 10:49

Nekhrun wrote:We're one step closer to the mega-ultimate best title ever: Dunes of Dune!

:lol:

Also, I took a pic at the linked thread on DN, and lol-ed at Byron and Hyp's respective avatars/sigs etc.
Poor taste indeed.
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.

User avatar
TheDukester
Posts: 3808
Joined: 20 Jun 2008 13:44
Location: Operation Enduring Bacon
Contact:

Postby TheDukester » 28 Feb 2009 10:54

Nekhrun wrote:We're one step closer to the mega-ultimate best title ever: Dunes of Dune!

I was thinking the same thing this morning. For book #45, Kevvie and Bri-Bri will be forced to use: Sand of Dune.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.

User avatar
DuneFishUK
Posts: 1990
Joined: 25 May 2008 14:14
Location: Cool Britannia
Contact:

Postby DuneFishUK » 28 Feb 2009 11:32

Image

Throne of Dune

User avatar
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard
Posts: 6677
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 11:07
Location: The Mighty Central Valley of California
Contact:

Postby Omphalos » 28 Feb 2009 12:09

They Stopped the Moving Sands To Operation Haystacks of Dune

User avatar
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener
Posts: 3292
Joined: 10 Feb 2008 16:27

Postby Nekhrun » 28 Feb 2009 12:26

What about a Gaps of Dune series where they can fill every possible second of gaps that FH fucked up by leaving in his series?

User avatar
Robspierre
Posts: 2161
Joined: 19 Feb 2008 10:49
Location: Cascadia

Postby Robspierre » 28 Feb 2009 15:02

Wet Dreams of Dune

Rob

User avatar
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
Posts: 18244
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Contact:

Postby Freakzilla » 28 Feb 2009 17:21

Obviously, they can't stay with one theme thoughout a complete book.

Or are they both retarded?

Cheese eatin' pretards...
Image
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman

dunepunk
Posts: 60
Joined: 16 Dec 2008 20:00

Postby dunepunk » 28 Feb 2009 18:12

SandChigger wrote:
Leave it to "Gawd, I must be more tired that I thought" DUMBFUCK Byron to flub a simple message. When you want the straight shit, go to the asshole:

KJA on his MySpace blog wrote:NEW DUNE TITLE

After brainstorming together, Brian and I have decided to change the title of JESSICA OF DUNE to THE WINDS OF DUNE. We think it better conveys the large scope of the story, the epic feel of the novel, rather than implying it's just a small story about one person. Jessica is still the prominent character, but she isn't the only character and the story covers a lot of ground. The novel will be released August 4.

Along similar lines, and for similar reasons, we are also going to change the next Dune book from IRULAN to THE THRONE OF DUNE. But don't look for that one until 2011.

Sheesh. :roll:

This makes no sense at all, and therefore is typical of these idiots.


Oh No! now I have to go back to DN and harass the real new title too!
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of sapho that the thoughts acquire speed; the lips aquire stains; the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.

User avatar
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard
Posts: 6677
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 11:07
Location: The Mighty Central Valley of California
Contact:

Postby Omphalos » 28 Feb 2009 19:24

Bullshit. What it does is make the book look less formulaic by giving it a unique title that does not reconcile with the titles of the shitty selling books that preceded it in the series.

How dumb does he think that we are?

I'll bet that the publisher is making them do this.

User avatar
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero
Posts: 14492
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
Location: A continuing state of irritation
Contact:

Postby SandChigger » 28 Feb 2009 19:39

On Sat Feb 28, 2009 at 7:40 pm (board time), boardadmin wrote:The change in title is coming. Watch for it...

The time now is Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:19 am:

DUNE, DUNE, DUNE

Jessica to The Winds of Dune
Discussions about the Upcoming Release of JESSICA TO THE WINDS OF DUNE

Um ... what are we supposed to be watching for? :shock:

:roll:

What a complete tool. :laughing:

User avatar
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener
Posts: 3292
Joined: 10 Feb 2008 16:27

Postby Nekhrun » 28 Feb 2009 21:11

SandChigger wrote:
On Sat Feb 28, 2009 at 7:40 pm (board time), boardadmin wrote:The change in title is coming. Watch for it...

The time now is Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:19 am:

DUNE, DUNE, DUNE

Jessica to The Winds of Dune
Discussions about the Upcoming Release of JESSICA TO THE WINDS OF DUNE

Um ... what are we supposed to be watching for? :shock:

:roll:

What a complete tool. :laughing:

I'm still waiting. He did have more time after fucking with my profile to post some more of his own shitty reviews. Still now change to the thread. Maybe he meant that kja would be changing his blog to reflect the real title.

User avatar
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard
Posts: 6677
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 11:07
Location: The Mighty Central Valley of California
Contact:

Postby Omphalos » 28 Feb 2009 22:09

Man, even I only need to have things explained to me once.

User avatar
TheDukester
Posts: 3808
Joined: 20 Jun 2008 13:44
Location: Operation Enduring Bacon
Contact:

Postby TheDukester » 28 Feb 2009 22:42

I'm completely embarrassed for Byron. Not even kidding.

At this point, I'm not convinced he gets it ... you know, the whole "Hey, dumbass, you copied-and-pasted the entire sentence, not just the part with the actual title" thing. How could anyone be so oblivious?

Hey, Byron! Since I know you lurk here, I'll do you this one favor:read KJA's blawg for the actual title.

Jesus wept. What a fucking dumbass.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.

User avatar
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
Posts: 18244
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Contact:

Postby Freakzilla » 28 Feb 2009 23:22

TheDukester wrote:I'm completely embarrassed for Byron. Not even kidding.

At this point, I'm not convinced he gets it ... you know, the whole "Hey, dumbass, you copied-and-pasted the entire sentence, not just the part with the actual title" thing. How could anyone be so oblivious?

Hey, Byron! Since I know you lurk here, I'll do you this one favor:read KJA's blawg for the actual title.

Jesus wept. What a fucking dumbass.


Winds of Dune!

That makes a lot more sense... :oops: :roll:
Image
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman