Analysis of Kevin

Image
    Abandon all sanity ye who enter here

Moderators: ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos, Freakzilla

User avatar
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener
Posts: 3290
Joined: 10 Feb 2008 16:27

Re: Analysis of Kevin

Postby Nekhrun » 24 Sep 2009 14:42

KJA Special Forces wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:
TheDukester wrote:Which version, FZ?

It seems more likely that he wrote a letter, but it was never delivered before Frank's death. Is he somehow changing it to "Oh, no, I got the letter there just in time! And even though he was dying from cancer, Frank took the time to mention to Brian that I was going to be a superstar author!"


Frank died first, he never had any contact with him. Even mentioned stalking him. :D


Then I was misinformed of this story. But KJA did write a note. And Brian felt as though FH wuold have appreciated the note.

So did I and so did he. Brian said as much in a letter he wrote to me. What makes kja so special? Nice story though. Think it might be possible that you've got a few other things you've been misinformed about over there? :roll:
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros

User avatar
KJA Special Forces
Posts: 115
Joined: 22 Sep 2009 09:55
Location: Baltimore
Contact:

Re: Analysis of Kevin

Postby KJA Special Forces » 24 Sep 2009 14:43

I was only half wrong. I geuss you guys all knew Frank better then his own son.
"I always had this non-stop drive. I had to keep sending stories out and every once in awhile I'd get something accepted or get the little trickle of positive feedback. " KJA

User avatar
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener
Posts: 3290
Joined: 10 Feb 2008 16:27

Re: Analysis of Kevin

Postby Nekhrun » 24 Sep 2009 15:03

KJA Special Forces wrote:I was only half wrong. I geuss you guys all knew Frank better then his own son.

Since he signs off on NuDune, then I would say, yes, we absolutely know him better than his own son.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros

User avatar
A Thing of Eternity
Posts: 6090
Joined: 08 Apr 2008 15:35
Location: Calgary Alberta

Re: Analysis of Kevin

Postby A Thing of Eternity » 24 Sep 2009 15:04

Anyone who was involved in the writing of Sandworms clearly has little or no understanding of Frank. Either that or they just didn't care that they were undermining his message.
Image

User avatar
TheDukester
Posts: 3808
Joined: 20 Jun 2008 13:44
Location: Operation Enduring Bacon
Contact:

Re: Analysis of Kevin

Postby TheDukester » 24 Sep 2009 15:08

KJA Special Forces wrote:But KJA did write a note.

Well, isn't he fucking special?

He wrote a letter to an author. Wow. I'd guess literally millions of people have done that over the years.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.

User avatar
KJA Special Forces
Posts: 115
Joined: 22 Sep 2009 09:55
Location: Baltimore
Contact:

Re: Analysis of Kevin

Postby KJA Special Forces » 24 Sep 2009 15:09

A Thing of Eternity wrote:Anyone who was involved in the writing of Sandworms clearly has little or no understanding of Frank. Either that or they just didn't care that they were undermining his message.


Sandworms did go in a direction I was suprised by. But why would Brian decide to do that when he knew his father as well as anyone. I seem to be confussed as to why you guys think Brian would do that in the first place?
"I always had this non-stop drive. I had to keep sending stories out and every once in awhile I'd get something accepted or get the little trickle of positive feedback. " KJA

User avatar
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener
Posts: 3290
Joined: 10 Feb 2008 16:27

Re: Analysis of Kevin

Postby Nekhrun » 24 Sep 2009 15:10

KJA Special Forces wrote:
A Thing of Eternity wrote:Anyone who was involved in the writing of Sandworms clearly has little or no understanding of Frank. Either that or they just didn't care that they were undermining his message.


Sandworms did go in a direction I was suprised by. But why would Brian decide to do that when he knew his father as well as anyone. I seem to be confussed as to why you guys think Brian would do that in the first place?

I'm not $ure.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros

User avatar
A Thing of Eternity
Posts: 6090
Joined: 08 Apr 2008 15:35
Location: Calgary Alberta

Re: Analysis of Kevin

Postby A Thing of Eternity » 24 Sep 2009 15:17

Nekhrun wrote:
KJA Special Forces wrote:
A Thing of Eternity wrote:Anyone who was involved in the writing of Sandworms clearly has little or no understanding of Frank. Either that or they just didn't care that they were undermining his message.


Sandworms did go in a direction I was suprised by. But why would Brian decide to do that when he knew his father as well as anyone. I seem to be confussed as to why you guys think Brian would do that in the first place?

I'm not $ure.

:lol:

I'd like to add to that, that KJA telling him it was "cool" and "good" was probably more than enough for Brian to go along with it.
Image

User avatar
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero
Posts: 14490
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
Location: "Whatcha having, shoog? Hurry up and order now, I ain't got all day!"
Contact:

Re: Analysis of Kevin

Postby SandChigger » 24 Sep 2009 16:02

Yeah, after all, KJA is a world-famous, best-selling author.

Something Brian was never going to be on his own. :laughing:
I have heard of only one mistake that doesn’t have an explanation for a careful reader...with an open mind. (And, no, I’m not going to tell you what it is!) —KJA

I don't like every writer's style; for instance, I have never been able to get through Ursula LeGuin, China Mieville, or Iain Banks, all of whom are critical darlings. —KJA

I...had written a bunch of Star Wars and X-Files books...that proved not just that I'm a hack, but that I could write in somebody else's universe... —KJA

Nebiros
Posts: 315
Joined: 23 Apr 2008 01:55
Location: Cedon

Re: Analysis of Kevin

Postby Nebiros » 24 Sep 2009 20:24

Hey Special Forces guy, defend Brian and Kevin on their dastardly marketing scam with the Dune short stories.


Return to “˲”