Two copies of Sandworms!

Abandon all sanity ye who enter here

Moderators: ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos, Freakzilla

Nebiros

Postby Nebiros » 12 Jul 2008 09:25

Just finished reading Sandworms. After the part where Duncan and Erasmus forge minds, the rest was not as terrible. Just boring and what I had been expecting.

Pushtrak

Postby Pushtrak » 19 Jul 2008 14:01

Nebiros wrote:Just finished reading Sandworms. After the part where Duncan and Erasmus forge minds, the rest was not as terrible.

That is a testament to how bad the book is to that point as opposed to being anything worth writing home about.
And what is good, Phaedrus, and what is not good?
-need we ask anyone to tell us these things?
-Robert Pirsig, Zen and the art of Motorcycle maintenance

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero
Location: "Whatcha having, shoog? Hurry up and order now, I ain't got all day!"

Postby SandChigger » 20 Jul 2008 00:33

(Psssst! We were ignoring this thread, hoping it would dry up and drop off, like a scab or something. Sorry if we missed you with the PM; will try to do better next time! :P )
I have heard of only one mistake that doesn’t have an explanation for a careful reader...with an open mind. (And, no, I’m not going to tell you what it is!) —KJA

I don't like every writer's style; for instance, I have never been able to get through Ursula LeGuin, China Mieville, or Iain Banks, all of whom are critical darlings. —KJA

I...had written a bunch of Star Wars and X-Files books...that proved not just that I'm a hack, but that I could write in somebody else's universe... —KJA

Return to “˲”