Page 2 of 2

Posted: 15 Jun 2008 17:41
by Serkanner
dm1215 wrote:
Serkanner wrote:
Lisan Al-Gaib wrote:
Serkanner wrote:I admire your dedication but the chronicles never needed a prequel. Altered or not they remain a useless piece of junk.


You make me sad, I put too much effort in that.



Let me phrase it differently then: you wasted good time on a shitty job.


I'm pretty new to this message board but telling someone they wasted their time and did a "shitty job" seems like an insult. That guy did a lot of work and I would not call it a waste of time. He seems like a dedicated Dune fan who decided to take on a task he enjoyed. And then you tell him it was a waste of time AND a shitty job? Not insulting?


I apologize for not being clear. English is not my native language and I can now see that the sentence I wrote could be interpreted differently from what I intended.

I did not mean to say that Lisan did a shitty job. I meant to say the job itself is not one I would want to do. The job itself stinks.

Lisan wasted precious time because I think its not worth the time spend. McDune is beyond repair.

In no way did I want to insult Lisan.

Posted: 15 Jun 2008 17:45
by Lisan Al-Gaib
Serkanner wrote:
dm1215 wrote:
Serkanner wrote:
Lisan Al-Gaib wrote:
Serkanner wrote:I admire your dedication but the chronicles never needed a prequel. Altered or not they remain a useless piece of junk.


You make me sad, I put too much effort in that.



Let me phrase it differently then: you wasted good time on a shitty job.


I'm pretty new to this message board but telling someone they wasted their time and did a "shitty job" seems like an insult. That guy did a lot of work and I would not call it a waste of time. He seems like a dedicated Dune fan who decided to take on a task he enjoyed. And then you tell him it was a waste of time AND a shitty job? Not insulting?


I apologize for not being clear. English is not my native language and I can now see that the sentence I wrote could be interpreted differently from what I intended.

I did not mean to say that Lisan did a shitty job. I meant to say the job itself is not one I would want to do. The job itself stinks.

Lisan wasted precious time because I think its not worth the time spend. McDune is beyond repair.

In no way did I want to insult Lisan.


it's alright!

I try only to put some good gastronomy on the McDune :wink:

Posted: 15 Jun 2008 19:56
by SandChigger
Lisan Al-Gaib wrote:some good gastronomy on the McDune

I'm hearing "The Impossible Dream" playing in the background, Lisan. :shock:

:)

Posted: 15 Jun 2008 21:42
by Robspierre
SandChigger wrote:
Lisan Al-Gaib wrote:some good gastronomy on the McDune

I'm hearing "The Impossible Dream" playing in the background, Lisan. :shock:

:)


That's from the bean scene in Blazing Saddles innit? :wink:

Rob

Posted: 16 Jun 2008 10:38
by dm1215
I noticed that there are no hard feelings. Sorry if I misunderstood.

Posted: 16 Jun 2008 14:05
by Lisan Al-Gaib
More thing were deleted and changed. Look at the list.

version 1.1


People, I'm not only deleting the worst parts, I'm adapting the book, making all the situations fitting well.

Re: Dune: House Atreides - Edited and Revised version.

Posted: 21 Oct 2016 00:30
by Lord Nightstalker
Where can i obtain/read this? Thanks

Re: Dune: House Atreides - Edited and Revised version.

Posted: 23 Oct 2016 23:19
by Lord Nightstalker
Lord Nightstalker wrote:Where can i obtain/read this? Thanks


Bump

Re: Dune: House Atreides - Edited and Revised version.

Posted: 05 Apr 2018 10:25
by georgiedenbro
Lord Nightstalker wrote:
Lord Nightstalker wrote:Where can i obtain/read this? Thanks


Bump


I'm not quite sure I'd even read a revised version, but I guess I'm curious too.

Re: Dune: House Atreides - Edited and Revised version.

Posted: 06 Jun 2018 13:32
by Naib
The only way to revise these books is with a can of kerosene and a match.

Re: Dune: House Atreides - Edited and Revised version.

Posted: 14 Jun 2018 04:40
by pcqypcqy
Id be interested in having a look as well if this exists still