Anyone seeing any reviews?

    Abandon all sanity ye who enter here

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

User avatar
Serkanner
Administrator
Posts: 2903
Joined: 17 Feb 2008 18:44
Location: Den Haag - The Netherlands

Postby Serkanner » 26 Sep 2008 15:42

Was your review here deleted as you claimed on Dumbnovels or not?
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."

User avatar
Simon
Posts: 566
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:15
Location: Cincinnati, OH

Postby Simon » 26 Sep 2008 15:43

TheDukester wrote:
Nekhrun wrote:Holy Shit, I take it back. I just saw on DN that Simon loved this book.

Hey, he's got to score brownie points with Byron (the first responder to his review, BTW). :roll: :roll: :roll:

Pretty weak stuff overall. But I do enjoy how the preeks always say "ties up loose ends" ... it just never fails to amuse me.

Uh, idiots? Here's a hint for you: it's non-canon fanfic. It can't tie anything up. Only Frank Herbert can do that.

Fucking morons.


Here, :::gives the Dukester a band-aid::: it's for that skinned knee. :roll:

CORRECT. Only FH is cannon. Way to state the obvious.

User avatar
Serkanner
Administrator
Posts: 2903
Joined: 17 Feb 2008 18:44
Location: Den Haag - The Netherlands

Postby Serkanner » 26 Sep 2008 15:45

Was your review posted here deleted as you claim on Dumbnovels?
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."

User avatar
Tleilax Master B
Posts: 674
Joined: 11 Feb 2008 10:54
Location: Desert of New Mexico

Postby Tleilax Master B » 26 Sep 2008 15:46

Simon wrote:
TheDukester wrote:
Nekhrun wrote:Holy Shit, I take it back. I just saw on DN that Simon loved this book.

Hey, he's got to score brownie points with Byron (the first responder to his review, BTW). :roll: :roll: :roll:

Pretty weak stuff overall. But I do enjoy how the preeks always say "ties up loose ends" ... it just never fails to amuse me.

Uh, idiots? Here's a hint for you: it's non-canon fanfic. It can't tie anything up. Only Frank Herbert can do that.

Fucking morons.


Here, :::gives the Dukester a band-aid::: it's for that skinned knee. :roll:

CORRECT. Only FH is cannon. Way to state the obvious.


That was stating the obvious. If it has those hacks name on it, of course Simon loves it :roll:
Image

User avatar
Simon
Posts: 566
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:15
Location: Cincinnati, OH

Postby Simon » 26 Sep 2008 15:47

Serkanner wrote:Was your review here deleted as you claimed on Dumbnovels or not?


I posted it and it's gone. Maaaaybe I forgot to hit "send", but I doubt it.
Like I told Freak, I'm not overly pressed, I knew the response to any positive review would be overwhelmingly negative, especially here. But I was just trying to give the "banned" a chance to directly rip it apart, seemed fair enough...

User avatar
Simon
Posts: 566
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:15
Location: Cincinnati, OH

Postby Simon » 26 Sep 2008 15:48

Tleilax Master B wrote:
Simon wrote:
TheDukester wrote:
Nekhrun wrote:Holy Shit, I take it back. I just saw on DN that Simon loved this book.

Hey, he's got to score brownie points with Byron (the first responder to his review, BTW). :roll: :roll: :roll:

Pretty weak stuff overall. But I do enjoy how the preeks always say "ties up loose ends" ... it just never fails to amuse me.

Uh, idiots? Here's a hint for you: it's non-canon fanfic. It can't tie anything up. Only Frank Herbert can do that.

Fucking morons.


Here, :::gives the Dukester a band-aid::: it's for that skinned knee. :roll:

CORRECT. Only FH is cannon. Way to state the obvious.


That was stating the obvious. If it has those hacks name on it, of course Simon loves it :roll:


Whatever, I'm just being honest.

User avatar
TheDukester
Posts: 3808
Joined: 20 Jun 2008 13:44
Location: Operation Enduring Bacon
Contact:

Postby TheDukester » 26 Sep 2008 15:51

Simon wrote:I posted it and it's gone.

Bullshit.

It was never here. No one saw this alleged post. And you getting all snarky about it over at www.ByronTheBrownshirt.com makes you look like a fucking dickhead.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.

User avatar
TheDukester
Posts: 3808
Joined: 20 Jun 2008 13:44
Location: Operation Enduring Bacon
Contact:

Postby TheDukester » 26 Sep 2008 15:54

Simon wrote:In fact I'm "officially" bored with this online ragging stuff.

Well, don't let us get in the way of your enjoyment of teh internets.

I'm sure you can find the door on your way out ...
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.

User avatar
Serkanner
Administrator
Posts: 2903
Joined: 17 Feb 2008 18:44
Location: Den Haag - The Netherlands

Postby Serkanner » 26 Sep 2008 15:54

Simon wrote:
Serkanner wrote:Was your review here deleted as you claimed on Dumbnovels or not?


I posted it and it's gone. Maaaaybe I forgot to hit "send", but I doubt it.
Like I told Freak, I'm not overly pressed, I knew the response to any positive review would be overwhelmingly negative, especially here. But I was just trying to give the "banned" a chance to directly rip it apart, seemed fair enough...


I have a strong feeling that you indeed forgot the send button. I also think it is the safe way to walk here because I don't dig people with this type of accusations very well. I have already a strong dislike of you and your attitude at dumbnovels.

If Freak says he didn't delete your post, and I see no reason whatsoever why he would do that in the first place, I believe him. You "false" accusation makes you are every bit a part of this "war" because you didn't call out the supposedly responsible person here but posted a "false" report on dumbnovels ... yet you don't want to part of the "war". Right!

A positive review here would be shred to pieces because of the content and not because we need to suck-up to anybody. Just from the two chapters I have read of Paul of Dune I know enough to not like this book. If you do like it ... many joys for you but do not expect that to be respected when there are objectively bad parts in the book. You accepting them is your problem and not that of the people here.
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."

User avatar
Simon
Posts: 566
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:15
Location: Cincinnati, OH

Postby Simon » 26 Sep 2008 15:58

Nekhrun wrote:
Nekhrun wrote:
Rakis wrote:
TheDukester wrote:Byron desperately looking for some validation in a Library Journal blurb:

http://www.dunenovels.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2775

*snicker*

Little hint for you, Byron: that's not a review. It's a solicitation. It's just a blurb, probably provided by the publisher, that was written without ever cracking the spine on PoD. I'm pretty sure you know this ... you're really getting desperate over there, huh? :wink:


:twisted: What else can he do? I mean REALLY?

NOBODY else defends this book on DNBBS...

Well...maybe Simon... :wink:

I don't think that even Simon will be able to finish this pile. I have no motivation to read any further (but I will :twisted: )


Holy Shit, I take it back. I just saw on DN that Simon loved this book. Now I know he's insane. This book sucks ass!


:lol: How was it not a shoe in? It's a continuation of the previous BH/KJA stuff. Really the only thing in this book that made me raise an eyebrow was the jumping back and forth between eras. It worked in the end but really annoyed me at first.

I knew you guys were going to be pissed, I can't remember specifically off hand but I saw some passages where I thought "If Nekhrun makes it this far he'll burst a blood vessel in his brain!".

User avatar
Tleilax Master B
Posts: 674
Joined: 11 Feb 2008 10:54
Location: Desert of New Mexico

Postby Tleilax Master B » 26 Sep 2008 16:05

Simon wrote:
Tleilax Master B wrote:
Simon wrote:
TheDukester wrote:
Nekhrun wrote:Holy Shit, I take it back. I just saw on DN that Simon loved this book.

Hey, he's got to score brownie points with Byron (the first responder to his review, BTW). :roll: :roll: :roll:

Pretty weak stuff overall. But I do enjoy how the preeks always say "ties up loose ends" ... it just never fails to amuse me.

Uh, idiots? Here's a hint for you: it's non-canon fanfic. It can't tie anything up. Only Frank Herbert can do that.

Fucking morons.


Here, :::gives the Dukester a band-aid::: it's for that skinned knee. :roll:

CORRECT. Only FH is cannon. Way to state the obvious.


That was stating the obvious. If it has those hacks name on it, of course Simon loves it :roll:


Whatever, I'm just being honest.


I don't think dukester or any of the OHers are being "dishonest", they genuinely think it sucks ass. I haven't read it, and probably won't, but I only have to be hit on the head 8 times to know the next strike is probably going to hurt.....
Image

User avatar
TheDukester
Posts: 3808
Joined: 20 Jun 2008 13:44
Location: Operation Enduring Bacon
Contact:

Postby TheDukester » 26 Sep 2008 16:06

I honestly would have had no problem at all with you (or any other preek) posting a review here. In fact, I'd rather read it here than over at that shithole ... I really need to stop lurking over there; it's making me insane.

However, that being said, if you were to post a review, you'd have to be prepared to defend it. I mean, let's face it, that's how it's going to work at this particular stop on the interwebs, especially given the DN admin's recent (and bizarre) rush to ban just about everyone with a pulse over there.

But if you want to post it, and if you've got a fairly thick skin for some of the stuff you'll see in response, then I say, "post away!" I'm not sure it will be a real good use of your time — I mean, honestly, is it going to change someone's mind, do you think? — but that's up to you to decide.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.

User avatar
Simon
Posts: 566
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:15
Location: Cincinnati, OH

Postby Simon » 26 Sep 2008 16:13

Serkanner wrote:
Simon wrote:
Serkanner wrote:Was your review here deleted as you claimed on Dumbnovels or not?


I posted it and it's gone. Maaaaybe I forgot to hit "send", but I doubt it.
Like I told Freak, I'm not overly pressed, I knew the response to any positive review would be overwhelmingly negative, especially here. But I was just trying to give the "banned" a chance to directly rip it apart, seemed fair enough...


I have a strong feeling that you indeed forgot the send button. I also think it is the safe way to walk here because I don't dig people with this type of accusations very well. I have already a strong dislike of you and your attitude at dumbnovels.

If Freak says he didn't delete your post, and I see no reason whatsoever why he would do that in the first place, I believe him. You "false" accusation makes you are every bit a part of this "war" because you didn't call out the supposedly responsible person here but posted a "false" report on dumbnovels ... yet you don't want to part of the "war". Right!

A positive review here would be shred to pieces because of the content and not because we need to suck-up to anybody. Just from the two chapters I have read of Paul of Dune I know enough to not like this book. If you do like it ... many joys for you but do not expect that to be respected when there are objectively bad parts in the book. You accepting them is your problem and not that of the people here.


Correct, Freak did not delete my review, I know it isn't his style.

Serk, your an angry dude. The only reason any of you have for disliking me is my enjoyment of NuDune, freakin' weak. I can name a bunch of you who were cool as hell to me.... until I refused to jump on the OH bandwagon. SandChigger was super cool to me when I first came around... until he realized I was into the BH/KJA stuff...

For some OHers (Not all by any means!) if you don't see things their way then you are a HLP "suck up" or "yes man".

I have had some slight dealings with the HLP (the fan comic), so my opinion is invalid in the larger argument (admittedly). No matter what I say, in the end, my connection with the HLP will be viewed as to close and my opinion worthless, I accept that.

However, it won't stop me from voicing my enjoyment. Sorry man.

User avatar
Simon
Posts: 566
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:15
Location: Cincinnati, OH

Postby Simon » 26 Sep 2008 16:17

Tleilax Master B wrote:
Simon wrote:
Tleilax Master B wrote:
Simon wrote:
TheDukester wrote:
Nekhrun wrote:Holy Shit, I take it back. I just saw on DN that Simon loved this book.

Hey, he's got to score brownie points with Byron (the first responder to his review, BTW). :roll: :roll: :roll:

Pretty weak stuff overall. But I do enjoy how the preeks always say "ties up loose ends" ... it just never fails to amuse me.

Uh, idiots? Here's a hint for you: it's non-canon fanfic. It can't tie anything up. Only Frank Herbert can do that.

Fucking morons.


Here, :::gives the Dukester a band-aid::: it's for that skinned knee. :roll:

CORRECT. Only FH is cannon. Way to state the obvious.


That was stating the obvious. If it has those hacks name on it, of course Simon loves it :roll:


Whatever, I'm just being honest.


I don't think dukester or any of the OHers are being "dishonest", they genuinely think it sucks ass. I haven't read it, and probably won't, but I only have to be hit on the head 8 times to know the next strike is probably going to hurt.....


I agree, if you didn't like the previous stuff, STAY BACK!!! THIS STUFF WILL BE LIKE KRYPTONITE TO YOU!! :lol:

Again I liken NuDune to Star Wars prequels: Not the originals but good enough for the rabid fiend.

User avatar
Serkanner
Administrator
Posts: 2903
Joined: 17 Feb 2008 18:44
Location: Den Haag - The Netherlands

Postby Serkanner » 26 Sep 2008 16:24

Simon wrote:
Serkanner wrote:
Simon wrote:
Serkanner wrote:Was your review here deleted as you claimed on Dumbnovels or not?


I posted it and it's gone. Maaaaybe I forgot to hit "send", but I doubt it.
Like I told Freak, I'm not overly pressed, I knew the response to any positive review would be overwhelmingly negative, especially here. But I was just trying to give the "banned" a chance to directly rip it apart, seemed fair enough...


I have a strong feeling that you indeed forgot the send button. I also think it is the safe way to walk here because I don't dig people with this type of accusations very well. I have already a strong dislike of you and your attitude at dumbnovels.

If Freak says he didn't delete your post, and I see no reason whatsoever why he would do that in the first place, I believe him. You "false" accusation makes you are every bit a part of this "war" because you didn't call out the supposedly responsible person here but posted a "false" report on dumbnovels ... yet you don't want to part of the "war". Right!

A positive review here would be shred to pieces because of the content and not because we need to suck-up to anybody. Just from the two chapters I have read of Paul of Dune I know enough to not like this book. If you do like it ... many joys for you but do not expect that to be respected when there are objectively bad parts in the book. You accepting them is your problem and not that of the people here.


Correct, Freak did not delete my review, I know it isn't his style.

Serk, your an angry dude. The only reason any of you have for disliking me is my enjoyment of NuDune, freakin' weak. I can name a bunch of you who were cool as hell to me.... until I refused to jump on the OH bandwagon. SandChigger was super cool to me when I first came around... until he realized I was into the BH/KJA stuff...

For some OHers (Not all by any means!) if you don't see things their way then you are a HLP "suck up" or "yes man".

I have had some slight dealings with the HLP (the fan comic), so my opinion is invalid in the larger argument (admittedly). No matter what I say, in the end, my connection with the HLP will be viewed as to close and my opinion worthless, I accept that.

However, it won't stop me from voicing my enjoyment. Sorry man.


Man, you have apparently no idea why I dislike you. It has nothing to do with the fact you like those shite novels.

The largest part is that you behave like an utter prick when you know you can get away with it at Dumbnovels. THAT is why have a sincere dislike of you.

Me angry? That is one arrogant statement to make. You are really not worth getting angry at, its a fricking internet website we are at ... for all I know you are a chatterbot.

Is it your statement now that you did not post your review here? Will you change your statement at dumbnovels? Will you post your review here so we can shred it to pieces with sound reasons?
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."

User avatar
Simon
Posts: 566
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:15
Location: Cincinnati, OH

Postby Simon » 26 Sep 2008 16:28

Baraka Bryan wrote:who cares about changing anyone's mind about it. post your review because it's good to have dissenting opinions on a board. it's what hones our views on the books. we need to hear all perspectives to get a full appraisal of it. of course simon knows a positive review is going to get ripped to shreds here but that's no reason not to post it.

that being said, make sure you have a basis for your accusations, especially before bitching about it on dumbnovels. freak has only ever deleted spam here and wouldnt stifle debate.

that role is more than covered at the official suckup hole.


Conceded, I did post my little "footnote" at DN before I got a reply from Freak, though give me some credit, I didn't go off the handle like "YOU'LL NEVER BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENED AT JACURUTU!". :wink:

It really wasn't that big of a deal to me, I wasn't looking forward to the Simon bashing session that was unavoidably going to come my way due to my positive review.

In fact, I haven't blamed anyone specificly.
Also a matter of fact, I had PM'd Freak because he has always been fair with me, despite our differences in opinion regarding the Duniverse.

User avatar
Serkanner
Administrator
Posts: 2903
Joined: 17 Feb 2008 18:44
Location: Den Haag - The Netherlands

Postby Serkanner » 26 Sep 2008 16:35

What a joke you are Simon. You should draw yourself one of these days ... you are your own parody.
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."

User avatar
Simon
Posts: 566
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:15
Location: Cincinnati, OH

Postby Simon » 26 Sep 2008 16:36

Serkanner wrote:
Simon wrote:
Serkanner wrote:
Simon wrote:
Serkanner wrote:Was your review here deleted as you claimed on Dumbnovels or not?


I posted it and it's gone. Maaaaybe I forgot to hit "send", but I doubt it.
Like I told Freak, I'm not overly pressed, I knew the response to any positive review would be overwhelmingly negative, especially here. But I was just trying to give the "banned" a chance to directly rip it apart, seemed fair enough...


I have a strong feeling that you indeed forgot the send button. I also think it is the safe way to walk here because I don't dig people with this type of accusations very well. I have already a strong dislike of you and your attitude at dumbnovels.

If Freak says he didn't delete your post, and I see no reason whatsoever why he would do that in the first place, I believe him. You "false" accusation makes you are every bit a part of this "war" because you didn't call out the supposedly responsible person here but posted a "false" report on dumbnovels ... yet you don't want to part of the "war". Right!

A positive review here would be shred to pieces because of the content and not because we need to suck-up to anybody. Just from the two chapters I have read of Paul of Dune I know enough to not like this book. If you do like it ... many joys for you but do not expect that to be respected when there are objectively bad parts in the book. You accepting them is your problem and not that of the people here.


Correct, Freak did not delete my review, I know it isn't his style.

Serk, your an angry dude. The only reason any of you have for disliking me is my enjoyment of NuDune, freakin' weak. I can name a bunch of you who were cool as hell to me.... until I refused to jump on the OH bandwagon. SandChigger was super cool to me when I first came around... until he realized I was into the BH/KJA stuff...

For some OHers (Not all by any means!) if you don't see things their way then you are a HLP "suck up" or "yes man".

I have had some slight dealings with the HLP (the fan comic), so my opinion is invalid in the larger argument (admittedly). No matter what I say, in the end, my connection with the HLP will be viewed as to close and my opinion worthless, I accept that.

However, it won't stop me from voicing my enjoyment. Sorry man.


Man, you have apparently no idea why I dislike you. It has nothing to do with the fact you like those shite novels.

The largest part is that you behave like an utter prick when you know you can get away with it at Dumbnovels. THAT is why have a sincere dislike of you.

Me angry? That is one arrogant statement to make. You are really not worth getting angry at, its a fricking internet website we are at ... for all I know you are a chatterbot.

Is it your statement now that you did not post your review here? Will you change your statement at dumbnovels? Will you post your review here so we can shred it to pieces with sound reasons?


I'm sorry Serk but that's just wrong. Why am I here if "I can't get away with it"??

And No, I did post my review, I'm just not ready to go into full beef mode over it, it's unimportant to me who deleted it. And while I know it wasn't Freak, I don't believe that it wasn't deleted for petty reasons.

So sad if that upsets you, but with all the "sockpuppet" games and bully tactics I've seen employed over the past year, I find it hard to believe that my review just deleted itself.

User avatar
Simon
Posts: 566
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:15
Location: Cincinnati, OH

Postby Simon » 26 Sep 2008 16:39

Serkanner wrote:What a joke you are Simon. You should draw yourself one of these days ... you are your own parody.


uh.... sure... if you say so (?) :?

User avatar
Serkanner
Administrator
Posts: 2903
Joined: 17 Feb 2008 18:44
Location: Den Haag - The Netherlands

Postby Serkanner » 26 Sep 2008 16:49

You are here because you can get away with it. That is my whole point. The damage has been done the second you posted your "false" accusation on dumbnovels.

You didn't post the fricking thing, so it wasn't deleted!!

Just post it again instead of using your antics about your so-called righteousness and see if it gets deleted again.

It is a weak excuse that you didn't use capital letters in your post on DN. It is still there isn't it? people will remember that the review "was deleted", not whether it is true or not. And you are perfectly aware of that. The damage is already done. You also indeed didn't point a finger to one person in particular ... of course you didn't because then it would have been easily refuted ... instead you accused the entire community: jacurutu.

I am demoted from angry to upset now? That is exactly why I find you a prick dear Simon. Think about it.
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."

User avatar
Simon
Posts: 566
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:15
Location: Cincinnati, OH

Postby Simon » 26 Sep 2008 16:51

Name calling again? Greeeaaat. I'll just ruminate on your oh so wise words. :lol:

User avatar
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener
Posts: 3294
Joined: 10 Feb 2008 16:27

Postby Nekhrun » 26 Sep 2008 16:53

Simon wrote:
Nekhrun wrote:
Nekhrun wrote:
Rakis wrote:
TheDukester wrote:Byron desperately looking for some validation in a Library Journal blurb:

http://www.dunenovels.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2775

*snicker*

Little hint for you, Byron: that's not a review. It's a solicitation. It's just a blurb, probably provided by the publisher, that was written without ever cracking the spine on PoD. I'm pretty sure you know this ... you're really getting desperate over there, huh? :wink:


:twisted: What else can he do? I mean REALLY?

NOBODY else defends this book on DNBBS...

Well...maybe Simon... :wink:

I don't think that even Simon will be able to finish this pile. I have no motivation to read any further (but I will :twisted: )


Holy Shit, I take it back. I just saw on DN that Simon loved this book. Now I know he's insane. This book sucks ass!


:lol: How was it not a shoe in? It's a continuation of the previous BH/KJA stuff. Really the only thing in this book that made me raise an eyebrow was the jumping back and forth between eras. It worked in the end but really annoyed me at first.

I knew you guys were going to be pissed, I can't remember specifically off hand but I saw some passages where I thought "If Nekhrun makes it this far he'll burst a blood vessel in his brain!".

Are you talking about the teaching Fremen to swim scene or does it get even worse?

User avatar
Simon
Posts: 566
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:15
Location: Cincinnati, OH

Postby Simon » 26 Sep 2008 16:57

Oh, by your estimation (as I understand it), it will get much worse for you.

If you got past Fenring living on the BT homeworld, I'm shocked. While he wasn't living in Bandalog it was still reeeeaaaal close to the line, too close for an OHer I'm afraid. :wink:

User avatar
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener
Posts: 3294
Joined: 10 Feb 2008 16:27

Postby Nekhrun » 26 Sep 2008 17:04

If you know that someone who likes FH work for its depth and consistency would hate that then why doesn't it bother you? Don't you think that even if the writing is shitty that it should remain consistent within the confines and characterization of the original universe it's derived from?

User avatar
Simon
Posts: 566
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:15
Location: Cincinnati, OH

Postby Simon » 26 Sep 2008 17:07

Nekhrun wrote:Are you talking about the teaching Fremen to swim scene or does it get even worse?


On the topic of the swimming scene: What is all the hubbub? I know water is beyond precious on Dune, still the Fremen would have had to prepare for the possibility of needing to swim. It was a necessity.

I took it as the beginnings of the excess prominently discussed between Chani and Paul after his walk about at the beginning of DM (which you see more of later in the PoD book, Stilgar at one point drinks water "because it is there, not for survival").