• Register
  • Login
  •          

Dune Movie/TV Comeback

The films, miniseries, music, video games, etc...

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Re: Dune Movie/TV Comeback

Postby Freakzilla » 12 Dec 2016 12:43

Well, at least he's passionate about it. That's a good sign.
    Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
    ~Pink Snowman
    Freakzilla
    Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Postby Naib » 12 Dec 2016 14:26

It is indeed. I saw Arrival a couple of weeks ago, and if that's anything to go by, Denis Villeneuve just might have the sensibility to make a halfway decent adaptation.
    Naib

Postby valys » 22 Dec 2016 04:52

Well, the powers that be seem to have taken notice of his fandom: „Sources tell Variety that Villeneuve is in early talks to direct Legendary’s “Dune” reboot for the company. Legendary has not commented on the news” (Full article here: http://variety.com/2016/film/news/denis-villeneuve-dune-reboot-legendary-pictures-1201929280/)

I have not seen Arrival yet, but I did see Prisoners and Sicario, and this here is a really talented director, and still on the rise, mind you. His movies so far, IMHO, show he can deliver great storytelling, great atmosphere, and he surrounds himself with top notch talent.

So, yeah, Involvement of the HLP aside, I would be really excited if Villeneuve were to helm a new Dune film.
    Like I said before, I never repeat myself.
    valys

Postby Nebiros » 08 Mar 2017 07:21

More Dune related material on the screen would definitely be encouraging for me to re-read the Dune books. What would be better would be a new Dune computer/video game.

And that's my yearly post for this forum.
    Nebiros

Postby Naib » 05 Apr 2017 15:10

Dune is like a box of spice caramels. The writer of Forrest Gump is writing the new Dune film:

http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-new-dune-movie-is-being-written-by-the-man-who-wrot-1794046167
    Naib

Postby Freakzilla » 06 Apr 2017 06:22

Naib wrote:Dune is like a box of spice caramels. The writer of Forrest Gump is writing the new Dune film:

http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-new-dune-movie-is-being-written-by-the-man-who-wrot-1794046167

I'm kind of excited about this. I've really enjoyed many of the movies he's written. My kids can quote Forrest Gump.
    Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
    ~Pink Snowman
    Freakzilla

Postby Naib » 06 Apr 2017 13:49

Freakzilla wrote:
    Naib wrote:Dune is like a box of spice caramels. The writer of Forrest Gump is writing the new Dune film:

I'm kind of excited about this. I've really enjoyed many of the movies he's written. My kids can quote Forrest Gump.

It will certainly be interesting what he does with it.
    Naib

Postby georgiedenbro » 07 Apr 2017 14:29

Ugh, I've checked a bit and I can find no way to write fan mail to Villeneuve or to send any message about the upcoming script. It would have been nice to send him a positive message, at the very least, showing support for the making of a new Dune film. I can find no regular mail address for fan mail, nor information on his representation or ways to get messages through. Pity.

Also - whoa, with regards to the quantity of emojis to choose from now. I have to scroll way down to submit a post.
    "um-m-m-ah-h-h-hm-m-m-m!"
    georgiedenbro

Postby Freakzilla » 09 Apr 2017 07:21

georgiedenbro wrote:Also - whoa, with regards to the quantity of emojis to choose from now. I have to scroll way down to submit a post.

Sorry, I hope to have that fixed soon. :oops:
    ~Pink Snowman
    Freakzilla

Postby Omphalos » 10 Apr 2017 10:15

Freakzilla wrote:
    georgiedenbro wrote:Also - whoa, with regards to the quantity of emojis to choose from now. I have to scroll way down to submit a post.

Sorry, I hope to have that fixed soon. :oops:

Ragabash can't let go of his cock long enough to do some scripting. Ill go get the lockable, iron "modesty bloomers" our parents had made for him when he was young.
    Omphalos
    Inglorious Bastard

Previous

Return to ˱