Page 9 of 9

Re: Dune Font [Finished]

Posted: 15 Dec 2010 17:01
by SandChigger
If you knew what's involved in creating a theme for this thing, you wouldn't be wishing it off on Fish so glibly. ;) There is a reason people get paid to do it.

It was enough of a pain trying to change parts of the theme in the old version of the boardware. This new version is completely different and even worse. I've looked at it, but it's beyond my meager skills.

(Fuck... that first line sounds like Hyppo, doesn't it? :shock: Shoot me, shoot me NOW! :cry: )

Re: Dune Font [Finished]

Posted: 15 Dec 2010 17:17
by Omphalos
BLAM!

Just kidding.

We will be updating the software around here pretty soon. The new version of the board will allow us to sink captchca hook into any skin, not just subsilver and prosilver, so if someone wants to get going on this I will say that we can safely make it the default skin around here.

Also happy to set up a test board so that any skinners with dreams of glory can sharpen their skills eslewhere first.

Re: Dune Font [Finished]

Posted: 15 Dec 2010 17:39
by SandChigger
What version will you be updating to? (PM me. :) )

Re: Dune Font [Finished]

Posted: 15 Dec 2010 19:32
by Freakzilla
Outstanding! :D

Re: Dune Font [Finished]

Posted: 15 Dec 2010 19:50
by DuneFishUK
I've got a very basic prosilver tinker pretty much good to go (just needs some custom buttons)


Chigger is right on the full works skin that Freak has been dreaming about - it is far more complex than what I can do. But... a colour tint, a better (read: bigger) logo, and some nice button bollocks. Piece of piss. :)

Re: Dune Font [Finished]

Posted: 15 Dec 2010 20:19
by SandChigger
I'm an inveterate Anglophile and even I don't get that last bit. Piece of piss? = easy as pie? No sweat? :? :lol:

Re: Dune Font [Finished]

Posted: 15 Dec 2010 22:11
by SandRider
what about the windows systems shit not accepting the OH font's numbers ?
any ideas ?

Re: Dune Font [Finished]

Posted: 15 Dec 2010 22:32
by Omphalos
SandRider wrote:what about the windows systems shit not accepting the OH font's numbers ?
any ideas ?


Don't think that numbers are a part of that font package, IIRC.

Re: Dune Font [Finished]

Posted: 15 Dec 2010 22:57
by SandRider
simple, most obvious answer's usually the right one ...

I didn't even check that out, just loaded up the old "Window Color and Appearance" form with the font ....

looks real good as a window title bar, not too bad for menus - as with most specialized fonts, it'd be more useful
with lower-case letters, too - easier to read ....

oh, okay, I see it now - firefox uses the windows message box message text for bookmarks, tab titles, and all the toolbar
stuff - buttons w/text, the address bar, search bar .... I've got a long weather bar that shows a five day & night forecast,
high & low temps - the text is OH, but the numbers have defaulted to whatever the gadget was using - it's stylized. and
looks like it fits right it with the OH font ... so shit, I guess I saw that and thought, okay thass-a workin' ...

alrighty-then ...

Image

Re: Dune Font [Finished]

Posted: 15 Dec 2010 23:39
by Omphalos
Can you put up a screenshot of those numbers sr? Like to see how well they fit with the font.

Re: Dune Font [Finished]

Posted: 16 Dec 2010 07:30
by SandChigger
Omphalos wrote:We will be updating the software around here pretty soon.

Good luck with that. I just tried updating the test installation on HToD and followed all the directions but the damned thing kept telling me all the updater files hadn't been uploaded. I re-uploaded everything three times and it still wouldn't work. (It did update the database, though.)

The only thing I can figure is that there's something hookey with the file permissions, from back when the NetSol dickheads played around [read: "fucked at it with their fingers up their noses while their heads were up their asses"] with all that stuff back when they had the cracker problem back in April & May.

I'll download a full version of the new software and replace all the files with it on Monday. (Hell, the database is already ready for the new version, so why not?! :P )

When were you & Ragaboo planning on upgrading? :?

Re: Dune Font [Finished]

Posted: 16 Dec 2010 16:58
by Omphalos
SandChigger wrote:
Omphalos wrote:We will be updating the software around here pretty soon.

Good luck with that. I just tried updating the test installation on HToD and followed all the directions but the damned thing kept telling me all the updater files hadn't been uploaded. I re-uploaded everything three times and it still wouldn't work. (It did update the database, though.)

The only thing I can figure is that there's something hookey with the file permissions, from back when the NetSol dickheads played around [read: "fucked at it with their fingers up their noses while their heads were up their asses"] with all that stuff back when they had the cracker problem back in April & May.

I'll download a full version of the new software and replace all the files with it on Monday. (Hell, the database is already ready for the new version, so why not?! :P )

When were you & Ragaboo planning on upgrading? :?


"When we get to it," so no set date yet. Maybe over the holiday. We just did the Worm's update and got it all wrapped up in a few hours. The only problems we had were because of Worm's provider.

Re: Dune Font [Finished]

Posted: 16 Dec 2010 21:27
by SandRider
Omphalos wrote:Can you put up a screenshot of those numbers sr? Like to see how well they fit with the font.


I can later on, I'll have to reset everything -

Re:

Posted: 08 Dec 2011 20:12
by Omphalos
Drunken Idaho wrote:Thanks to Dunefish for the vector version, to make these ideas possible:

Image

I guess great minds think alike on that bottom-left bersion, eh Dunefish? :oops:

Anyway, these are just some ideas.


Hey DD, got any others? I'm going to start a read only thread for this stuff shortly.

Re: Dune Font [Finished]

Posted: 08 Dec 2011 20:24
by DuneFishUK
The sand dune one (bottom left) is fakking awesome.

Re: Dune Font [Finished]

Posted: 08 Dec 2011 22:21
by SandRider
SandRider wrote:
Omphalos wrote:Can you put up a screenshot of those numbers sr? Like to see how well they fit with the font.


I can later on, I'll have to reset everything -



WTF was I talking about?

Re: Dune Font [Finished]

Posted: 09 Dec 2011 00:01
by Omphalos
SandRider wrote:
SandRider wrote:
Omphalos wrote:Can you put up a screenshot of those numbers sr? Like to see how well they fit with the font.


I can later on, I'll have to reset everything -



WTF was I talking about?


Fuck'fi know.

Re: Dune Font [Finished]

Posted: 09 Dec 2011 09:28
by SandChigger
Lack of numerals in the font? (Guessing)

Re: Dune Font [Finished]

Posted: 20 Dec 2014 07:43
by ᴶᵛᵀᴬ
Jeremiah B. Lighter passed away two years ago.

R.I.P. :angelic-innocent:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/nytimes/obituary.aspx?pid=167598401

Re: Dune Font [Finished]

Posted: 20 Dec 2014 15:39
by Freakzilla
Who?

Re: Dune Font [Finished]

Posted: 21 Dec 2014 04:48
by ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Re: Dune Font [Finished]

Posted: 22 Dec 2014 09:58
by Freakzilla
Ahhh... bummer :(