Movies you have watched recently

Non-dune discussion

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

SadisticCynic

Re: Movies you have watched recently

Postby SadisticCynic » 28 May 2018 04:47

I loved it.

I remember thinking the use of colour was pretty great.
Ah English, the language where pretty much any word can have any meaning! - A Thing of Eternity

Naib

Postby Naib » 28 May 2018 15:00

Deadpool 2. Like the first, it's a lot of fun.

Naib

Postby Naib » 03 Jun 2018 09:34

Pleasantly surprised by The Foreigner. It turns out Jackie Chan can act.

Naib

Postby Naib » 03 Aug 2019 08:22

Finally got around to seeing Aquaman. What a load of shite. I don't really know anything about the character but this film does not make me interested. The dialogue is beyond drivel and the plot was shockingly trite. In a word, awful.

It did strike me though that Aquaman apparently has Holtzman shield skin. Bullets and missiles bounce off him, but a tattoo needle or knife work normally. I bet a fish hook would be murderous.

All it has really confirmed for me is that Momoa is a crap actor and will bring the quality of Villeneuve's Dune down by an order of magnitude.

lotek

Postby lotek » 23 Aug 2019 15:01

Aquaman had pretty colors but yeah, it was bad.
(Check out Flashpoint Paradox for a better depiction)

I've seen some Deadpool 2 and I am a sucker for R. Reynolds, he just makes everything so fun.

Haven't seen it yet but Blade Runner 2049 is coming to Netflix so I guess it's time to check it out, if only to get a Villeneuve feel (I've see the original BR more times than I can count)
Spice is the worm's gonads.

WolfgangMercury

Postby WolfgangMercury » 25 Aug 2019 23:20

lotek wrote:Aquaman had pretty colors but yeah, it was bad.

I've seen some Deadpool 2 and I am a sucker for R. Reynolds, he just makes everything so fun.

Haven't seen it yet but Blade Runner 2049 is coming to Netflix so I guess it's time to check it out, if only to get a Villeneuve feel (I've see the original BR more times than I can count)

Yeah, I'm in Canada and I think it arrives on Netflix tonight. Been looking forward to it for a while.
Remember when you were young?
You shone like the sun.
Now there's a look in your eyes
Like black holes in the sky

SadisticCynic

Postby SadisticCynic » 26 Aug 2019 02:58

WolfgangMercury wrote:
lotek wrote:Aquaman had pretty colors but yeah, it was bad.

Yeah, I'm in Canada and I think it arrives on Netflix tonight. Been looking forward to it for a while.

It's already on Netflix where I am (Central Europe) and I rewatched both it and BR The Final Cut recently. But reading these comments makes me want to watch them again. BR2049 is probably my favourite movie right now.
Ah English, the language where pretty much any word can have any meaning! - A Thing of Eternity

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Postby Freakzilla » 01 Sep 2019 17:47

I'm about to cancel Netflix for various reasons, but I've been binging. Dave Chappelle's new stand up made me rotflmao. I also watched the Dark Crystal prequel series, I like that too.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman

SadisticCynic

Postby SadisticCynic » 02 Sep 2019 03:59

Freakzilla wrote:I'm about to cancel Netflix for various reasons, but I've been binging. Dave Chappelle's new stand up made me rotflmao. I also watched the Dark Crystal prequel series, I like that too.

There's a Netflix movie on there called 'The Ballad of Buster Scruggs", which is an anthology by the Cohen brothers about the the old American West. I watched it last night and it's really good. You might try it before you cancel. (Or just cancel anyway and download it :wink: )