Another must-see Flickr photo

Non-dune discussion

Moderators: ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos, Freakzilla

TheDukester

Another must-see Flickr photo

Postby TheDukester » 04 Aug 2009 23:41

I don't literally "LOL" very often, but I did this time. Be sure to read the title and caption ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rotisserie ... 786941002/

Absolutely fucking CLASSIC!
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.

Robspierre

Re: Another must-see Flickr photo

Postby Robspierre » 04 Aug 2009 23:45

Oh man that is priceless!

Rob

Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Postby Omphalos » 05 Aug 2009 00:49

Exactly. A picture says a thousand words.

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero
Location: "Whatcha having, shoog? Hurry up and order now, I ain't got all day!"

Postby SandChigger » 05 Aug 2009 01:09

That's a shame, because from some of his other pix, him and his brother and the girlfriend(? of one of them?) look like fun people.

Pic timestamp: July 24, 2009 at 5.46pm EDT

From the Comic-Con 2009 schedule page:

3:00-4:00 Spotlight on Kevin J. Anderson * Kevin J. Anderson has written many novels in numerous universes (Star Wars, Dune, X-Files) as well as his own epics "The Saga of Seven Suns" and The Edge of the World, and he's also produced a recent crossover CD with some of the biggest names in progressive rock music. Kevin will be interviewed by Steven L. Sears, well-known scriptwriter (A-Team, Riptide, She Spies) and producer (Xena: Warrior Princess, Sheena Queen of the Jungle). Room 2
Categories: Comic-Con Special Guest Spotlights & Appearances | Science Fiction & Fantasy | Writers & Writing

Is this where he was? Not quite sure the times work out.
I have heard of only one mistake that doesn’t have an explanation for a careful reader...with an open mind. (And, no, I’m not going to tell you what it is!) —KJA

I don't like every writer's style; for instance, I have never been able to get through Ursula LeGuin, China Mieville, or Iain Banks, all of whom are critical darlings. —KJA

I...had written a bunch of Star Wars and X-Files books...that proved not just that I'm a hack, but that I could write in somebody else's universe... —KJA

Robspierre

Postby Robspierre » 05 Aug 2009 01:36

Hmmmm, well the time stamp is EDT and San Diego is PDT so subtract three hours from that. Or he just doesn't have an accurate time on his camera, I don't.

Rob

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Postby Freakzilla » 05 Aug 2009 08:02

I think y'all are giving the guy too much credit for being able to set the time on his camera. After all, he's likely a KJA fan.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman

TheDukester

Postby TheDukester » 05 Aug 2009 09:36

Whenever time-stamps are off by less than an hour, which appears to be the case here, I always assume the person didn't account for the latest Daylight Savings Time changes.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.

Return to “˲”