• Register
  • Login
  •          

    Crazy Guitarists

    Image
      Non-dune discussion

    Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

    Re: Crazy Guitarists

    Postby othaderak » 21 Oct 2009 20:48

    Sandwurm88 wrote:I just found out that Living Colour is actually white guys :? :? .


    Are you referring to the TV show?
    Image
    User avatar
    othaderak
     
    Posts: 149
    Joined: 11 Jul 2009 01:07
    Location: The phenomenal world

    Re: Crazy Guitarists

    Postby insidiom » 22 Oct 2009 14:19

    360bpm is insane...ive been playing almost my whole life and i cant touch that.


    however, i believe that this video accurately depicts the greatest guitar player of all time.
    i know its says santana. just give it a chance. he owns in this video.

    "...no one. but the water tastes really bad; like ass and dirt.
    i dont suggest that anybody drink the water from their suits. it tastes really bad."
    "that it does."

    "A man is a fool not to put everything he has, at any given moment, into what he is creating."--FH


    Image
    darkness loves bbq
    User avatar
    insidiom
     
    Posts: 28
    Joined: 19 Oct 2009 10:53
    Location: Austin

    Re: Crazy Guitarists

    Postby inhuien » 23 Oct 2009 06:00

    insidiom wrote:however, i believe that this video accurately depicts the greatest guitar player of all time. i know its says santana. just give it a chance. he owns in this video.

    That was a fucking joke of a jam,, the S man should be ashamed of himself. I've rarely heard such an unstructured tuneless mess. For me the best part was at 1:20 when the keyboardest almost played the theme from Europe's "The Final Countdown". The moral of this story is don't jam with 20 stoned percussionists. Santana should be able to produce a more musical fart than this. :(
    Image
    User avatar
    inhuien
     
    Posts: 3629
    Joined: 09 Feb 2008 05:03
    Location: right here as in not (all) there

    Re: Crazy Guitarists

    Postby insidiom » 23 Oct 2009 11:45

    inhuien wrote:
    insidiom wrote:however, i believe that this video accurately depicts the greatest guitar player of all time. i know its says santana. just give it a chance. he owns in this video.

    That was a fucking joke of a jam,, the S man should be ashamed of himself. I've rarely heard such an unstructured tuneless mess. For me the best part was at 1:20 when the keyboardest almost played the theme from Europe's "The Final Countdown". The moral of this story is don't jam with 20 stoned percussionists. Santana should be able to produce a more musical fart than this. :(


    :lol:

    that was a fan video. a guy named st sanders. he takes live videos of guitar players and overdubs them; makes them sound like shit on purpose.
    steve vai and joe satriani are really pissed off by this guy. this is probably one of my favorite videos of his.

    anyway, this is his website:
    http://www.stsanders.com/old/

    ive always liked alex lifeson(rush) and steve howe(yes), chuck schuldiner(death), and muhammed suiçmez (necrophagist), ritchie blackmore (deep purple), etc...
    "...no one. but the water tastes really bad; like ass and dirt.
    i dont suggest that anybody drink the water from their suits. it tastes really bad."
    "that it does."

    "A man is a fool not to put everything he has, at any given moment, into what he is creating."--FH


    Image
    darkness loves bbq
    User avatar
    insidiom
     
    Posts: 28
    Joined: 19 Oct 2009 10:53
    Location: Austin

    Re: Crazy Guitarists

    Postby Sandwurm88 » 23 Oct 2009 17:46

    There are good obscure guys, but not many. I'm liking all the ones you guys have said.
    User avatar
    Sandwurm88
    Not Soleman
     
    Posts: 541
    Joined: 24 Jul 2009 10:16

    Re: Crazy Guitarists

    Postby inhuien » 23 Oct 2009 17:58

    insidiom wrote::lol:

    You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little fucked up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to fuckin' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?
    Image
    User avatar
    inhuien
     
    Posts: 3629
    Joined: 09 Feb 2008 05:03
    Location: right here as in not (all) there

    Re: Crazy Guitarists

    Postby A Thing of Eternity » 23 Oct 2009 18:02

    Sandwurm88 wrote:There are good obscure guys, but not many. I'm liking all the ones you guys have said.



    There are lots of great obscure guitarists! I know guys that will melt your face off but few people have ever heard of them.
    Image
    User avatar
    A Thing of Eternity
     
    Posts: 6090
    Joined: 08 Apr 2008 15:35
    Location: Calgary Alberta

    Re: Crazy Guitarists

    Postby SadisticCynic » 24 Oct 2009 14:54

    A Thing of Eternity wrote:
    Sandwurm88 wrote:There are good obscure guys, but not many. I'm liking all the ones you guys have said.



    There are lots of great obscure guitarists! I know guys that will melt your face off but few people have ever heard of them.


    I probably know one or two more obscure guitarists as well.

    Re: Death. Schuldiner + Masvidal = Awesome! Secret Face

    If you have a look there are probably a myriad of videos of Schuldiner playing live.
    Ah English, the language where pretty much any word can have any meaning! - A Thing of Eternity
    User avatar
    SadisticCynic
     
    Posts: 2004
    Joined: 07 Apr 2009 09:28
    Location: In Time or in Space?

    Re: Crazy Guitarists

    Postby Aguilar » 12 Nov 2009 04:22

    Although Im mostly a bass guy, I've strayed over and started playing guitar.

    My favorite guitarist of all time has to be Marty Friedman. For those who dont know who im talking about he was the guitarist mostly known for being in the band Megadeth from 1990-2000.
    I hold Rust in Peace and Countdown to Extinction as the best thrash metal albums ever.. His picking technique is so unique its just crazy, and his improv skills are so impressive to me the way he can go through chord progressions... And GOD I WANT HIS HAIR!!!
    Him and Jason Becker in their 80s bank Cacophony

    Hangar 18

    Tornado of souls

    I love Petrucci, Brian Carrol, Campese, Cantrell, Satch, Vai, Zappa, too many to list. I seen in a post that someone thought Herman li was good. I'll admit hes good on the record, but live..... is quite a different story. His sweep picking is so choppy off the record, and making a band name after a Sega Saturn game doesnt make you gods, just not a great fan of him.
    Aguilar
     
    Posts: 8
    Joined: 10 Nov 2009 19:21
    Location: Dothan, AL

    Previous

    Return to ˲

    Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

    cron