RedBug's Blinding Insights

Image
    Non-dune discussion

Moderators: ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos, Freakzilla

User avatar
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener
Posts: 3288
Joined: 10 Feb 2008 16:27

RedBug's Blinding Insights

Postby Nekhrun » 19 Jan 2011 21:58

From the Ch. 1 Reading Group
redbugpest wrote:I think that there is some significance to Paul's deduction of the function of the BG.

"Politics," he said.
"Kull wahad!" the old woman said. She sent a hard glance at Jessica.
"I've not told him. Your Reverence," Jessica said.
The Reverend Mother returned her attention to Paul. "You did that on remarkably few clues," she said.


I would mention that he deduced that function to the RMs surprise.

I don't want to take up space in the reading group with this so I put it here...

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?

Quit pigging up the reading group with your bullshit.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros

User avatar
Kojiro
Posts: 502
Joined: 09 Jul 2010 23:15
Location: Frank Herbert's Old Stomping Grounds
Contact:

Re: RedBug's Blinding Insights

Postby Kojiro » 19 Jan 2011 22:27

Yeah, he might as well say water is wet.
Has not religion claimed a patent on creation for all of these millennia?
-The Tleilaxu Question,
from Muad'dib Speaks

User avatar
merkin muffley
Posts: 1584
Joined: 23 Apr 2010 15:18
Location: War Room

Re: RedBug's Blinding Insights

Postby merkin muffley » 19 Jan 2011 23:44

redbugpest wrote:I think that there is some significance to Paul's deduction of the function of the BG.

"Politics," he said.
"Kull wahad!" the old woman said. She sent a hard glance at Jessica.
"I've not told him. Your Reverence," Jessica said.
The Reverend Mother returned her attention to Paul. "You did that on remarkably few clues," she said.


I would mention that he deduced that function to the RMs surprise.


Hmmm, interesting theory! So, you're saying he might have been some kind of, I don't know... shortening of the way?

Image

Mmmmmm... shortening... Eh, RBP?
"I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."

User avatar
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero
Posts: 14490
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
Location: "Whatcha having, shoog? Hurry up and order now, I ain't got all day!"
Contact:

Re: RedBug's Blinding Insights

Postby SandChigger » 20 Jan 2011 04:04

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAma's little baby loves short'nin' short'nin'
Mama's little baby loves short'nin' bread!
Kevie gonna take him to the clambake, clambake
Take him to the clambake when he's dead!


:shock:

User avatar
redbugpest
Posts: 424
Joined: 23 Jun 2009 14:17
Location: Lost in La Manancha

Re: RedBug's Blinding Insights

Postby redbugpest » 20 Jan 2011 10:38

Go read the summery again.

Freakzilla wrote: Paul asks why they test for humans. Mohiam says it's to set them free, once men turned their thinking over to machines hoping this would set them free, but it only allowed other men with machines to enslave them. The Great Revolt took away the machines an forced humans to develope their minds, forming the Great Schools. Only two remain, the Guild and the Bene Gesserit. The Guild practices pure math, the Bene Gesserit, politics.


This would lead you to believe that Mohiam explained it to Paul, not that Paul deduced the BG role on his own. Since it seemed significant and surprising to Mohiam, I felt it deserved to be mentioned in th summery of the chapter.

I thought the point of reviewing the summaries was to make sure they were accurate... Guess that isn't as important to you as talking shit.
__________________________________________________________________

User avatar
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
Posts: 18156
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Contact:

Re: RedBug's Blinding Insights

Postby Freakzilla » 20 Jan 2011 11:05

Maybe if you'd said that was the reason for you posting it there would have been less shit talking. They way you posted it soulded like this was news to you.
Image
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman

User avatar
Serkanner
Posts: 2828
Joined: 17 Feb 2008 18:44
Location: Den Haag - The Netherlands

Re: RedBug's Blinding Insights

Postby Serkanner » 20 Jan 2011 11:32

redbugpest wrote:Go read the summery again.

Freakzilla wrote: Paul asks why they test for humans. Mohiam says it's to set them free, once men turned their thinking over to machines hoping this would set them free, but it only allowed other men with machines to enslave them. The Great Revolt took away the machines an forced humans to develope their minds, forming the Great Schools. Only two remain, the Guild and the Bene Gesserit. The Guild practices pure math, the Bene Gesserit, politics.


This would lead you to believe that Mohiam explained it to Paul, not that Paul deduced the BG role on his own. Since it seemed significant and surprising to Mohiam, I felt it deserved to be mentioned in th summery of the chapter.

I thought the point of reviewing the summaries was to make sure they were accurate... Guess that isn't as important to you as talking shit.


Your writing skills are as good as your big hero KJA ... :lol:
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."

User avatar
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
Posts: 18156
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Contact:

Re: RedBug's Blinding Insights

Postby Freakzilla » 20 Jan 2011 13:36

Besides, I was drinking at the time. :|
Image
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman

User avatar
Kojiro
Posts: 502
Joined: 09 Jul 2010 23:15
Location: Frank Herbert's Old Stomping Grounds
Contact:

Re: RedBug's Blinding Insights

Postby Kojiro » 20 Jan 2011 18:39

Freakzilla wrote:Maybe if you'd said that was the reason for you posting it there would have been less shit talking. They way you posted it soulded like this was news to you.


Yeah, redugpest is like: "Holy crap! The Bene Gesserit play with politics and Paul figured it out! Astonishing, huh guys?"

And everyone else is immediately: *Facepalm!*
Has not religion claimed a patent on creation for all of these millennia?
-The Tleilaxu Question,
from Muad'dib Speaks

User avatar
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener
Posts: 3288
Joined: 10 Feb 2008 16:27

Re: RedBug's Blinding Insights

Postby Nekhrun » 20 Jan 2011 18:57

Kojiro wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:Maybe if you'd said that was the reason for you posting it there would have been less shit talking. They way you posted it soulded like this was news to you.


Yeah, redugpest is like: "Holy crap! The Bene Gesserit play with politics and Paul figured it out! Astonishing, huh guys?"

And everyone else is immediately: *Facepalm!*

And again, everyone gets it but him....


...also: summery :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You stupid fuck.

Oh yeah and...

redbugpest wrote:I thought the point of reviewing the summaries was to make sure they were accurate... Guess that isn't as important to you as talking shit.


What's important is that you don't pig up the Reading Room. That's why I moved your bullshit here.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros

User avatar
merkin muffley
Posts: 1584
Joined: 23 Apr 2010 15:18
Location: War Room

Re: RedBug's Blinding Insights

Postby merkin muffley » 21 Jan 2011 00:35

redbugpest wrote:I thought the point of reviewing the summaries was to make sure they were accurate... Guess that isn't as important to you as talking shit.


:tissue2:

You didn't give any indication that you were suggesting a revision for the summary (or "summery" as it's called in the deep zone), so nobody else thought of it in that context. That would mean that it was your error, porky.
"I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."


Return to “˲”