• Register
  • Login
  •          

Jodorowsky's dune

Non-dune discussion

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Jodorowsky's dune

Postby Crizius » 23 Jun 2014 13:50

Hey guy's. Has anybody seen Jodorowsky's dune? It's a documentary about Alejandro Jodorowsky making Dune adaptation, a movie that never was. What are your tought's?
    I rarely post because most of the time I feel I have nothing to add

There is nothing to fear but fear itself for Fear is the mind-killer.Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. Fear kills me over and over. Without fear, I die but once.
    Crizius

Re: Jodorowsky's dune

Postby inhuien » 23 Jun 2014 14:45

inhuien

Postby Crizius » 24 Jun 2014 06:39

I think, that if live action version of Jodorowskys Dune was to epic and expencive to make why not make a animation feature? I believe that cartoon is the only form of media that can remain loyal to and capture Dune the way it was intended, and that allows it's director to use his imagination fully. Sure, some might argue that animation is not art, but I think that make animated movie is as hard and as demanding as movie and counts as art, besides Alejandro himself said that his comics are art, besides art is subjective, just look at modern paintings, or at debate whetever games are art or not.
    Besides the movie was suposed to be 10 hours, they could just make a trilogy, like The Hobbit, three movies, based mainly on one book, or mini series.
    Still shame that it wasn't made, I doubt that I would like it like I like any other (entertaiming) movie, but I'm sure It would be different experience, not for everybody afcourse, but its good to have a choice rather that same old, midnless action adventure.
    I rarely post because most of the time I feel I have nothing to add

There is nothing to fear but fear itself for Fear is the mind-killer.Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. Fear kills me over and over. Without fear, I die but once.
    Crizius

Postby Freakzilla » 11 Jul 2014 18:19

Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
    ~Pink Snowman
    Freakzilla
    Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Postby Serkanner » 12 Jul 2014 03:19

Freakzilla wrote:http://www.redboxinstant.com/product.html#/c423d78f-b394-4faa-bb99-4568a0aa21d7/Jodorowsky's Dune

Fuck. Only available in the US.
    "... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
    and wrote a Dune Novel."
    Serkanner

Postby Freakzilla » 12 Jul 2014 10:41

I'm not sure its worth $3.99 to me, since I consider it an aborted abomination... no offense to its fans. :wink:
    Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
    ~Pink Snowman
    Freakzilla
    Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Postby zacher2005 » 19 Jul 2014 10:23

Just watched it on Amazon Prime, and I will say it comes across as a bunch of whining from a guy who made weird movies who set his expectations so high and is “surprised” Hollywood was smart enough to back it.
    zacher2005

Postby D Pope » 19 Jul 2014 18:33

Just found it, putlocker, if you're not opposed to that sort of thing.

http://www.putlocker.tw/watch-jodorowsk ... -2013.html
    Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
    -Omphalos
    D Pope

Postby Jodorowsky's Acolyte » 20 Jul 2014 03:48

D Pope wrote:Just found it, putlocker, if you're not opposed to that sort of thing.

http://www.putlocker.tw/watch-jodorowsk ... -2013.html

You are awesome, D Pope :wink:

If this ever got back into production, I'd want to see it be done as an interactive movie. Odd thing to say, but computer rendering technology could possibly replicate Orson, Dali, and Carradine pretty well in that format.
    '...all those who took part in the rise and fall of the Dune project learned how to fall one and one thousand times with savage obstinacy until learning how to stand. I remember my old father who, while dying happy, said to me: "My son, in my life, I triumphed because I learned how to fail."' -Alejandro Jodorowsky
    Jodorowsky's Acolyte

Return to ˲