• Register
  • Login
  •          

posts that I think have been deleted at DN

Can't find the appropriate forum for your topic? Post it here!

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

posts that I think have been deleted at DN

Postby D Pope » 01 Oct 2010 17:17

Has this ever happened to you?

http://www.enotes.com/topic/The_Dune_Encyclopedia

16. ^ "Dune 7 blog: Conspiracy Theories." DuneNovels.com (December 16, 2005). Retrieved on November 12, 2008. "Frank Herbert wrote a detailed outline for Dune 7 and he left extensive Dune 7 notes, as well as stored boxes of his descriptions, epigraphs, chapters, character backgrounds, historical notes — over a thousand pages worth."

The link on #16 won't paste but this is it; http://www.dunenovels.com/dune7blog/page21.html

It's not the first time i've gotten, "The content you are looking for is not here. Please choose a link from above or go Home before the sandworms come," but it never fails to generate bad thoughts about DN policy. What do you suppose prompted DN to delete this info after three years? Have they changed their story about the Dune 7 outline? While i'm on the subject, "go Home before the sandworms come," is just plain insulting. It could be argued that they are trying to be cute, I don't buy it.

If your info junket sails into similar waters, please add it here.
    Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
    -Omphalos
    D Pope

Re: posts that I think have been deleted at DN

Postby Omphalos » 01 Oct 2010 17:30

It does that because the post was put up before they changed the skin and the URL structure for DN. What they forgot to do was create some code that interprets and redirects outside links to comply with the new URL structure over there, so that people can find posts from long ago.

Just another example of them screwing the pooch when it comes to . . . well, I was going to say "the bbs they run," but I guess it applies to everything that they do.
    Omphalos
    Inglorious Bastard

Postby D Pope » 01 Oct 2010 17:37

Aww pshaw...
    Without the malice/malicious intent, it's just no fun. We've got other forums for what's left, shall I delete this?
    Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
    -Omphalos
    D Pope

Postby SandChigger » 01 Oct 2010 19:37

Whenever you get an error like this, just substitute "old" for "www" in the URL. All the old stuff is still there, just shunted into an "old" subdomain. :)

This works:

http://old.dunenovels.com/dune7blog/page21.html
    SandChigger
    KJASF Ground Zero

Location: "Whatcha having, shoog? Hurry up and order now, I ain't got all day!"

Postby Tleszer » 01 Oct 2010 23:24

Neat trick, Chig! :cylon101:
    DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
    Tleszer

Postby SandChigger » 01 Oct 2010 23:46

Nah, not really.

I can't remember who first found it; I don't take credit for doing so!
    SandChigger
    KJASF Ground Zero

Postby DuneFishUK » 02 Oct 2010 09:37

DuneFishUK

Postby SandChigger » 02 Oct 2010 10:09

I don't know, I'd kinda have a real problem using a URL for something Dune-related, even on that site, with BoBo Dumbfuck's name in it. :snooty:
    I have heard of only one mistake that doesn’t have an explanation for a careful reader...with an open mind. (And, no, I’m not going to tell you what it is!) —KJA

I don't like every writer's style; for instance, I have never been able to get through Ursula LeGuin, China Mieville, or Iain Banks, all of whom are critical darlings. —KJA

I...had written a bunch of Star Wars and X-Files books...that proved not just that I'm a hack, but that I could write in somebody else's universe... —KJA
    SandChigger
    KJASF Ground Zero

Postby D Pope » 02 Oct 2010 11:50

Well guys, i'm amazed! Well Done!
    :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
    -Omphalos
    D Pope

Return to ˱