Dune-related pet names?

    Can't find the appropriate forum for your topic? Post it here!

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

User avatar
Tleszer
Posts: 2161
Joined: 17 Feb 2008 18:02

Dune-related pet names?

Postby Tleszer » 04 Jun 2008 08:56

If you had to pick something out of the Duniverse to be your pet's name what would it?

My three ideas are: Abomination, Chairdog, and T-Probe :wink:

Anyone have any interesting (or even ludicrous) suggestions?
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie

User avatar
Serkanner
Administrator
Posts: 2867
Joined: 17 Feb 2008 18:44
Location: Den Haag - The Netherlands

Postby Serkanner » 04 Jun 2008 08:58

If I had a dog I would name it "Waff"

User avatar
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard
Posts: 6677
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 11:07
Location: The Mighty Central Valley of California
Contact:

Postby Omphalos » 04 Jun 2008 09:03

I told somebody once that if they had their dog fixed they should call it Fenring. I like that for a dog's name anyway.

HoosierDaddy

Postby HoosierDaddy » 04 Jun 2008 09:30

If I had a dumb, overbred dog, that couldn't do any tricks, and just ate and slept all day, I'd name him Brian.

:P

User avatar
Tleszer
Posts: 2161
Joined: 17 Feb 2008 18:02

Postby Tleszer » 04 Jun 2008 09:46

HoosierDaddy wrote:If I had a dumb, overbred dog, that couldn't do any tricks, and just ate and slept all day, I'd name him Brian.

:P


Now, now Brian isn't such a bad name. I had a friend named Brain and knew one in college... damn bastard was smrter than me :wink:
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie

User avatar
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
Posts: 18257
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Contact:

Postby Freakzilla » 04 Jun 2008 10:40

Shai-Hulud for a snake?
Image
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman

User avatar
Crysknife
Posts: 593
Joined: 09 Feb 2008 02:15
Location: SLC, punk

Postby Crysknife » 04 Jun 2008 11:17

My next dog is going to be named Feyd Rautha.

I think a good name for a rat would be Kevin.
Image

User avatar
orald
Posts: 3010
Joined: 28 Feb 2008 14:48
Location: Maximum Security Mental Hospital
Contact:

Postby orald » 04 Jun 2008 12:53

Paul, Jessica, Leto, Duncan etc.

And if you call it Brian or Kevin, how could you ever love it? :?
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.

User avatar
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
Posts: 18257
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Contact:

Postby Freakzilla » 04 Jun 2008 13:23

I wish Duncan had told us what the name of his dog was in CH:D or Alia had told us the names of the House Ferrets in CoD.

:cry:

Those would be good trivia questions.
Image
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman

User avatar
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard
Posts: 6677
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 11:07
Location: The Mighty Central Valley of California
Contact:

Postby Omphalos » 04 Jun 2008 13:27

Freakzilla wrote:I wish Duncan had told us what the name of his dog was in CH:D or Alia had told us the names of the House Ferrets in CoD.

:cry:

Those would be good trivia questions.


Don't worry too much, Freak. Im sure we will learn those names soon enough. :roll:

User avatar
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
Posts: 18257
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Contact:

Postby Freakzilla » 04 Jun 2008 13:33

Omphalos wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:I wish Duncan had told us what the name of his dog was in CH:D or Alia had told us the names of the House Ferrets in CoD.

:cry:

Those would be good trivia questions.


Don't worry too much, Freak. Im sure we will learn those names soon enough. :roll:


PETS OF DUNE?
Image
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman

User avatar
Irulan Corrino
Posts: 35
Joined: 25 Apr 2008 08:51
Location: Arrakis. Dune. Desert Planet.
Contact:

Postby Irulan Corrino » 05 Jun 2008 00:09

Our neighbors down the road have a disturbed chihuahua, named Yueh. :twisted:
Image

User avatar
Spicelon
Posts: 703
Joined: 30 Mar 2008 23:31

Postby Spicelon » 05 Jun 2008 00:13

Tleszer wrote:
HoosierDaddy wrote:If I had a dumb, overbred dog, that couldn't do any tricks, and just ate and slept all day, I'd name him Brian.

:P


Now, now Brian isn't such a bad name. I had a friend named Brain and knew one in college... damn bastard was smrter than me :wink:


Well, I bet he knew how to spell "smarter".

<ducks>

;)
Poop is funny.
MetaCugel8262 is not.

User avatar
Spice Grandson
Posts: 87
Joined: 09 Feb 2008 11:46
Location: California Central Coast
Contact:

Postby Spice Grandson » 07 Jun 2008 19:36

Frank used to own a cat named Baron. Was older than dirt, too. Went blind, wouldn't eat. Tough sucker, though.
Keep it civil. Keep it cool.

ImageImage

http://www.filmreviewstew.com

Illogical Banana
Posts: 60
Joined: 24 Feb 2008 11:49

Postby Illogical Banana » 07 Jun 2008 19:40

I like the ring of "The Worm".
“But what is the good of friendship if one cannot say exactly what one means? Anybody can say charming things and try to please and to flatter, but a true friend always says unpleasant things, and does not mind giving pain. Indeed, if he is a really true friend he prefers it, for he knows that then he is doing good.” -Oscar Wilde

HoosierDaddy

Postby HoosierDaddy » 07 Jun 2008 19:51

Crysknife wrote:I think a good name for a rat would be Kevin.


I'm thinking more weasel than rat. Or a cross-breed.

:P

User avatar
orald
Posts: 3010
Joined: 28 Feb 2008 14:48
Location: Maximum Security Mental Hospital
Contact:

Postby orald » 08 Jun 2008 12:34

HoosierDaddy wrote:I'm thinking more weasel than rat. Or a cross-breed.

Or a cross-breed of that with a slig.
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.



I wish I could have been with you that one last time.

User avatar
LiquidBlue
Posts: 66
Joined: 11 Jun 2008 21:41
Location: Jacksonville, Fl

Postby LiquidBlue » 13 Jun 2008 16:30

One of my dogs is named Gurney...We got him to kept an eye on our other dog, Liloo. She is partially deaf and needed someone to keep her alert...
Some never participate. Life happens to them. They get by on little more than dumb persistence and resist with anger or violence all things that might lift them out of resentment-filled illusions of security.
-Alma Mavis Taraza


"Glory or insanity awaits" -- Rimmer

User avatar
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard
Posts: 6677
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 11:07
Location: The Mighty Central Valley of California
Contact:

Postby Omphalos » 13 Jun 2008 19:00

LiquidBlue wrote:One of my dogs is named Gurney...We got him to kept an eye on our other dog, Liloo. She is partially deaf and needed someone to keep her alert...


I used to have a Korean Jindo dog that I named Leelu (she was the ultimate dog, you know). I got her to keep my old Schipperke, The Fox, company. Both are spitz breeds, one was black and the other white. They looked cool together.

My Jindo looked exactly like the one on the top left photo on Wiki. I swear that dog could have been my Leelu. My Schipperke was much bigger than that one in the Wiki photo, and had a longer pointier nose and taller ears. Probably a mutt. She was cut from stone, too. A solid muscle, and she lived 21 years. I still miss that sweet girl, and Leelu as well. :cry:

User avatar
waff
Posts: 51
Joined: 25 Jun 2008 20:02

Postby waff » 09 Jul 2008 19:17

I am going to get a new cat soon--maybe two. If I get two, Dar and Tar will be high on the list.

User avatar
orald
Posts: 3010
Joined: 28 Feb 2008 14:48
Location: Maximum Security Mental Hospital
Contact:

Postby orald » 10 Jul 2008 03:44

waff wrote:I am going to get a new cat soon--maybe two. If I get two, Dar and Tar will be high on the list.

Ooh, cat fight! :lol:
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.



I wish I could have been with you that one last time.

User avatar
cmsahe
Posts: 598
Joined: 26 Aug 2008 22:40
Location: Mexico City

Re: Dune-related pet names?

Postby cmsahe » 30 Aug 2008 14:17

Tleszer wrote:If you had to pick something out of the Duniverse to be your pet's name what would it?

My three ideas are: Abomination, Chairdog, and T-Probe :wink:

Anyone have any interesting (or even ludicrous) suggestions?


Kevin! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Only the books written by Frank Herbert are canon.


Who We Are and What We Stand For
http://www.jacurutu.com/viewtopic.php?p=79778#p79778
----
Carlos Santillan, aka cmsahe