I've been banned!

    Can't find the appropriate forum for your topic? Post it here!

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Purge
Posts: 82
Joined: 23 May 2008 15:34

Postby Purge » 20 Aug 2008 13:19

PoD could be the best thing they have ever written and it will still be pointless, unnecessary, etc. They've written so much crap and done so much to tweak and alter for newer readers some of the basics of Dune, while retrofitting their ridiculous stories to them.

User avatar
Ampoliros
Posts: 2518
Joined: 14 Mar 2008 11:22
Location: I think we took a wrong turn...

Postby Ampoliros » 20 Aug 2008 14:16

agree, another move to silence dissent. Sadly, the best move they could make to silence dissent is to kick KJA out to the curb and publish the notes, or admit yeah we effed up, we made up the notes.

Family Legacy for sale: priced so cheap it makes you feel used! BTW I hope that Herbert Limited Partnership doesn't officially mean The Herberts + Anderson. I'm assuming it does.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus

User avatar
A Thing of Eternity
Posts: 6090
Joined: 08 Apr 2008 15:35
Location: Calgary Alberta

Postby A Thing of Eternity » 20 Aug 2008 14:26

It looks pretty funny over at DN right now, grey'd out "guest" names everywhere. Byron's banned close to ten people in the last couple weeks.
Image

User avatar
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero
Posts: 14492
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
Location: A continuing state of irritation
Contact:

Postby SandChigger » 20 Aug 2008 14:56

Frybread wrote:
Serkanner wrote:Byron is on a roll with banning people. Even mentioning "evasive answer" gets you a ban now. :lol:

Like I've said in another thread, I think Byron is getting rid of the BH and KJA critics for the upcoming release of "Paul of Dune." This is evidence to me that they know what they will release is crap and will not be liked by many fans of the original series.

Pretty much what happened last year, so why not?

They're creatures of habit, if nothing else. :roll:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"

User avatar
Rakis
Posts: 1583
Joined: 16 Feb 2008 00:00

Postby Rakis » 20 Aug 2008 22:41

Serkanner wrote:Byron is on a roll with banning people. Even mentioning "evasive answer" gets you a ban now. :lol:


I think Byron is actually banning every new member who has nice things to say about the new books...

"too suspicious, must be an OH...banned!!" :lol: :lol:
Image

User avatar
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard
Posts: 6677
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 11:07
Location: The Mighty Central Valley of California
Contact:

Postby Omphalos » 20 Aug 2008 23:28

Rakis wrote:
Serkanner wrote:Byron is on a roll with banning people. Even mentioning "evasive answer" gets you a ban now. :lol:


I think Byron is actually banning every new member who has nice things to say about the new books...

"too suspicious, must be an OH...banned!!" :lol: :lol:


That would be too funny! :lol:

Secher_Nbiw
Posts: 175
Joined: 04 Jul 2008 06:24
Location: notts
Contact:

Postby Secher_Nbiw » 21 Aug 2008 03:11

Just signing up for DN now, to see what all the fuss is about. I'm waiting for my second conformation email.
I am a mortal god.

User avatar
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
Posts: 18257
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Contact:

Postby Freakzilla » 21 Aug 2008 09:21

Omphalos wrote:
Rakis wrote:
Serkanner wrote:Byron is on a roll with banning people. Even mentioning "evasive answer" gets you a ban now. :lol:


I think Byron is actually banning every new member who has nice things to say about the new books...

"too suspicious, must be an OH...banned!!" :lol: :lol:


That would be too funny! :lol:


Finally, my plan is starting to work. :twisted:
Image
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman

User avatar
Tyrant
Posts: 381
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:45
Location: Kansas City, MO

Postby Tyrant » 21 Aug 2008 17:33

heres a better question..who here isnt banned yet?
Your friendly neighborhood Tyrant!!!

User avatar
Anathema
Posts: 62
Joined: 08 Jul 2008 08:17
Location: The Netherlands

Postby Anathema » 21 Aug 2008 17:36

I tried to sign up at dunenovels, but I never got my confirmation email. When I checked the memberlist it turned out my account wasn't even there anymore.

Thank you for registering, indeed :?
I'll try again and see what happens.


The same thing happened today - both accounts were named "Anathema". I sent byron an email asking what's going on but sofar I haven't gotten a reply.

User avatar
Seraphan
Posts: 749
Joined: 03 Jul 2008 08:36
Location: Right Behind You!
Contact:

Postby Seraphan » 21 Aug 2008 17:51

Anathema wrote:
I tried to sign up at dunenovels, but I never got my confirmation email. When I checked the memberlist it turned out my account wasn't even there anymore.

Thank you for registering, indeed :?
I'll try again and see what happens.


The same thing happened today - both accounts were named "Anathema". I sent byron an email asking what's going on but sofar I haven't gotten a reply.

Lol, you are a threat to their "heroes of Dune" marketing scam :twisted:
Image
"The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand." - Frank Herbert
“This tutoring is dialectical. Literature makes us better noticers of life; we get to practice on life itself; which in turn makes us better readers of detail in literature; which in turn makes us better readers of life. And so on and on.” - James Wood

User avatar
Tleszer
Posts: 2161
Joined: 17 Feb 2008 18:02

Postby Tleszer » 21 Aug 2008 17:54

Seraphan wrote:
Anathema wrote:
I tried to sign up at dunenovels, but I never got my confirmation email. When I checked the memberlist it turned out my account wasn't even there anymore.

Thank you for registering, indeed :?
I'll try again and see what happens.


The same thing happened today - both accounts were named "Anathema". I sent byron an email asking what's going on but sofar I haven't gotten a reply.

Lol, you are a threat to their "heroes of Dune" marketing scam :twisted:


A threat? You make it seem as though Anathema is a protege of SandChigger!
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie

User avatar
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener
Posts: 3293
Joined: 10 Feb 2008 16:27

Postby Nekhrun » 21 Aug 2008 22:06

Tyrant wrote:heres a better question..who here isnt banned yet?

I remain unbanned. Though I haven't posted there in a while now. It's not even worth it. Those dumb fucks aren't worth the argument. In a few years they'll all come around anyway. I still hold out some hope for Simon.

Who the hell was Mel? And why'd s/he get banned?

I'll probably just stay away until I can write my review of Paul of Dune over there. Then I'll post the unedited one on my myspace page. :wink:

User avatar
Spicelon
Posts: 703
Joined: 30 Mar 2008 23:31

Postby Spicelon » 21 Aug 2008 22:51

Nekhrun wrote:
Tyrant wrote:heres a better question..who here isnt banned yet?

I remain unbanned. Though I haven't posted there in a while now. It's not even worth it. Those dumb fucks aren't worth the argument. In a few years they'll all come around anyway. I still hold out some hope for Simon.

Who the hell was Mel? And why'd s/he get banned?

I'll probably just stay away until I can write my review of Paul of Dune over there. Then I'll post the unedited one on my myspace page. :wink:


unbanned. the disgrace is almost unbearable. :(
Poop is funny.
MetaCugel8262 is not.

User avatar
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero
Posts: 14492
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
Location: A continuing state of irritation
Contact:

Postby SandChigger » 21 Aug 2008 22:56

Tleszer wrote:A threat? You make it seem as though Anathema is a protege of SandChigger!

I'm SandChigger and I endorse this...Anathema...person...thingy...yes, I DO! :?



:P
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"

User avatar
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero
Posts: 14492
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
Location: A continuing state of irritation
Contact:

Postby SandChigger » 21 Aug 2008 23:06

Nekhrun wrote:I still hold out some hope for Simon.

Who's purportedly rereading Dune while "just waiting for the 16th! 8) "?

How many ways can you say suck-up? :roll:

(Nah, he'll reread Dune and maybe even have it fresh in his mind and he'll STILL CREAM HIMSELF over how GOOD PoD is. Place yer bets, people. :twisted: )
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"

User avatar
Rakis
Posts: 1583
Joined: 16 Feb 2008 00:00

Postby Rakis » 21 Aug 2008 23:27

Nekhrun wrote:
Tyrant wrote:heres a better question..who here isnt banned yet?

I remain unbanned. Though I haven't posted there in a while now. It's not even worth it. Those dumb fucks aren't worth the argument. In a few years they'll all come around anyway. I still hold out some hope for Simon.

Who the hell was Mel? And why'd s/he get banned?


Like, the fook i was Mel, dude!! :P

...but i barely had time to post something interesting, less than a week, i think i was sucking up too much for the new books and Byron thought it was suspicious that a newbie was SO MUCH liking them...anyway...kind of have fun stating that my favorite SW book from KJA was "Delusion of grandeur"...the title fits him perfectly... :lol:...and pretending that i was interested in Byron's little PoD gummy bears :roll: Did i have fun ? Foui, alors... :)
Image

User avatar
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard
Posts: 6677
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 11:07
Location: The Mighty Central Valley of California
Contact:

Postby Omphalos » 22 Aug 2008 01:15

SandChigger wrote:
Nekhrun wrote:I still hold out some hope for Simon.

Who's purportedly rereading Dune while "just waiting for the 16th! 8) "?


Doesnt he mean the 2nd? :P

User avatar
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener
Posts: 3293
Joined: 10 Feb 2008 16:27

Postby Nekhrun » 22 Aug 2008 12:25

SandChigger wrote:
Nekhrun wrote:I still hold out some hope for Simon.

Who's purportedly rereading Dune while "just waiting for the 16th! 8) "?

How many ways can you say suck-up? :roll:

(Nah, he'll reread Dune and maybe even have it fresh in his mind and he'll STILL CREAM HIMSELF over how GOOD PoD is. Place yer bets, people. :twisted: )

If Omar, Tyrant and Nebs realized what shit those books are he's got to come around. I'm not saying he'll turn around soon. I just think that in about 5 years he'll realize what he's said and done. Much the same way that Little Willie will be embarrassed for much of what he has written about sex and FH's love for his wives.

User avatar
inhuien
Posts: 3633
Joined: 09 Feb 2008 05:03
Location: right here as in not (all) there

Postby inhuien » 22 Aug 2008 13:22

Tyrant wrote:heres a better question..who here isnt banned yet?

Me! However my one and only post was deleted.
Image

User avatar
Hunchback Jack
Posts: 1983
Joined: 30 May 2008 15:02
Location: California, USA

Postby Hunchback Jack » 22 Aug 2008 14:58

Not even registered.

Don't see the point, frankly, as I would want to discuss the problems I have with Dune 7, and how unnecessary I think the Heroes series will be, which would just get me banned, it seems.

Also, as much as I think you should critique the books, and not insult the authors themselves, it's hard not to question BH and KJA's motives when they seem to be so disrespectful of FH's legacy. Not to mention the questions about the various FH outlines and notes they've mentioned to legitimize their work.

Better to hang out here, where you can actually say negative things about the books freely.

HBJ

User avatar
Simon
Posts: 566
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:15
Location: Cincinnati, OH

Postby Simon » 22 Aug 2008 15:25

SandChigger wrote:
Nekhrun wrote:I still hold out some hope for Simon.

Who's purportedly rereading Dune while "just waiting for the 16th! 8) "?

How many ways can you say suck-up? :roll:

(Nah, he'll reread Dune and maybe even have it fresh in his mind and he'll STILL CREAM HIMSELF over how GOOD PoD is. Place yer bets, people. :twisted: )


:lol: suck-up? I'm a fan of new and old, period.
Oddly not for the same reasons. Despite the fact that FH's stuff and the new stuff takes place in the same universe and overall story arc.

I like the philosophy of Frank and the boom-pow of BH&KJA. Do they clash? Sure, at times. The only difference between us is that it didn't ruin the story for me.

And either way, DUNE is great fun to draw. That's what it boils down to for me. I love that there are a million different takes on the Duniverse, that's what makes it so unique (visually speaking). Look at Star Wars, it's good but utterly locked into GL's "vision", a vision/story that despite it being GL's is often criticized for not being as good as the early stuff. That's life I guess, nothing beats the original.

As for your complaints: Some are utterly insane (IMO) while others are rock solid and beyond anyone's ability to dispute (i.e: Worm measurements, etc..) I admit, one person said they liked the new stuff and "hated" the classics, I assume it was one of you having some fun, but if it wasn't, I'm worried. The new books are good and all but couldn't exist without the classics.

I came online to mingle with fellow fans, I guess I sort of naively thought we'd all be on the same page, but never the less it's still fun. I've dropped the whole "argument" thing (not that I think it has any bearing on the over all debate, this is just a personal preference), we all like what we like and dislike what we dislike, I say focus on our commonalities. EVERYONE here loves DUNE. That's good enough for me :)

(And YES! I am looking forward to PoD, which considering my enjoyment of the other new books I expect to be on par with them. Which is a good or bad thing depending on which side of the isle your on. :wink:)

User avatar
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener
Posts: 3293
Joined: 10 Feb 2008 16:27

Postby Nekhrun » 22 Aug 2008 15:32

Simon wrote: :lol: suck-up? I'm a fan of new and old, period.
Oddly not for the same reasons. Despite the fact that FH's stuff and the new stuff takes place in the same universe and overall story arc.

Except for that they don't.

User avatar
Simon
Posts: 566
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:15
Location: Cincinnati, OH

Postby Simon » 22 Aug 2008 18:36

Nekhrun wrote:
Simon wrote: :lol: suck-up? I'm a fan of new and old, period.
Oddly not for the same reasons. Despite the fact that FH's stuff and the new stuff takes place in the same universe and overall story arc.

Except for that they don't.


By "official" reckoning I mean.

User avatar
Simon
Posts: 566
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:15
Location: Cincinnati, OH

Postby Simon » 22 Aug 2008 18:38

Baraka Bryan wrote:
Simon wrote: Which is a good or bad thing depending on which side of the isle your on. :wink:)



i wasnt aware that Dune preference was a function of geography!!



:lol: I meant "aisle".