Us VS Them

Image
    Can't find the appropriate forum for your topic? Post it here!

Moderators: ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos, Freakzilla

User avatar
Eyes High
Patience Personified
Posts: 2321
Joined: 22 Jul 2008 15:32
Location: between the worlds of men and make believe

Re: Us VS Them

Postby Eyes High » 13 Oct 2010 18:15

Hold on! Red bug is Byron Merritt?! No!

Redbug is someone else

Although I would like to ask him to ask the moron over there to either delete my account or reactivate it. Maybe he'll listen to you Red and you know I've tried to treat everyone with respect. Which is much more than ahole over there does
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.

User avatar
redbugpest
Posts: 424
Joined: 23 Jun 2009 14:17
Location: Lost in La Manancha

Re: Us VS Them

Postby redbugpest » 13 Oct 2010 18:24

D Pope wrote:
StarGazer wrote:One point I would make though. The members on here who have zero posts or low posts are still here by their own choice. They still have access to their accounts. (I only know of two or three that have been banned from here with legitimate reasons and after several warnings.

Byron on the other hand has many that he has banned but not removed their names from the membership lists. It is those numbers that I have a problem with. I keep bringing up StarGazer because that was my account and feel like I have a right to talk about her. I did nothing wrong over there and received no warnings, yet my user name is still listed as a member, boosting his numbers. If he's not going to allow access to those accounts then he should remove them.

True I don't see why someone would register on a board and not post but it's not Freak is fluffing his numbers by leaving them on the list. There are members. Members who don't post, but still members just the same.

Those who have been freakbanned over there are not members any more. They had no choice (except for those who intentionally got banned)

Well, how about it Red bug? You stand accused of fraud and being a jerk. How do you defend your actions?


Umm... I think you have me confused with someone else.... :roll:

I will give you my two cents worth, though... :D
I think that you should only consider expunging accounts that have not actively logged on in 6 months or longer. I would start by sending out a warning email, asking that they log in by a specific date to keep their account, and then delete the accounts that don't reply or that are not attached to a valid email account.

You won't loose the interested lurkers, and you will have a better idea of your real user base....
__________________________________________________________________

User avatar
redbugpest
Posts: 424
Joined: 23 Jun 2009 14:17
Location: Lost in La Manancha

Re: Us VS Them

Postby redbugpest » 13 Oct 2010 18:25

Eyes High wrote:Hold on! Red bug is Byron Merritt?! No!

Redbug is someone else

Although I would like to ask him to ask the moron over there to either delete my account or reactivate it. Maybe he'll listen to you Red and you know I've tried to treat everyone with respect. Which is much more than ahole over there does


Sorry, I don't have an active account at DN
__________________________________________________________________

User avatar
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
Posts: 18156
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Contact:

Re: Us VS Them

Postby Freakzilla » 13 Oct 2010 18:27

Do y'all get email notifications from here?
Image
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman

User avatar
lotek
Posts: 5735
Joined: 28 Jul 2009 08:33

Re: Us VS Them

Postby lotek » 13 Oct 2010 18:29

Eyes High wrote:Although I would like to ask him to ask the moron over there to either delete my account or reactivate it. Maybe he'll listen to you Red and you know I've tried to treat everyone with respect. Which is much more than ahole over there does


maybe that's why he doesn't answer?
Because he's gone ahole?




Now you can boo :arrow:

@freak: I'll check but I think I do
Spice is the worm's gonads.

User avatar
redbugpest
Posts: 424
Joined: 23 Jun 2009 14:17
Location: Lost in La Manancha

Re: Us VS Them

Postby redbugpest » 13 Oct 2010 18:30

Freakzilla wrote:Do y'all get email notifications from here?


I have gotten a couple when I get PM...
__________________________________________________________________

D Pope
Posts: 1500
Joined: 14 May 2010 14:11
Location: Grubville

Re: Us VS Them

Postby D Pope » 13 Oct 2010 18:40

Eyes High wrote:
An idiot wrote:Well, how about it Red bug? You stand accused of fraud and being a jerk. How do you defend your actions?

Hold on! Red bug is Byron Merritt?! No!

Redbug is someone else

Well doesn't that just make me a perfect dipshit.

Redbugpest, I apologise for having mistaken your identity. I'm very sorry for accusing you of actions committed by another, my mistake is indefensible.
Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos

User avatar
redbugpest
Posts: 424
Joined: 23 Jun 2009 14:17
Location: Lost in La Manancha

Re: Us VS Them

Postby redbugpest » 13 Oct 2010 19:08

D Pope wrote:
Eyes High wrote:
An idiot wrote:Well, how about it Red bug? You stand accused of fraud and being a jerk. How do you defend your actions?

Hold on! Red bug is Byron Merritt?! No!

Redbug is someone else

Well doesn't that just make me a perfect dipshit.

Redbugpest, I apologise for having mistaken your identity. I'm very sorry for accusing you of actions committed by another, my mistake is indefensible.


Don't sweat it, no harm done... :)
__________________________________________________________________

User avatar
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero
Posts: 14490
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
Location: "Whatcha having, shoog? Hurry up and order now, I ain't got all day!"
Contact:

Re: Us VS Them

Postby SandChigger » 13 Oct 2010 20:44

redbugpest wrote:I will give you my two cents worth, though... :D

Your opinion is really of ZERO interest, seeing how you're just a tolerated troll here.

What's the matter, activity so low now on the boards locked up inside KJA asshole you had to come back here? :lol:
I have heard of only one mistake that doesn’t have an explanation for a careful reader...with an open mind. (And, no, I’m not going to tell you what it is!) —KJA

I don't like every writer's style; for instance, I have never been able to get through Ursula LeGuin, China Mieville, or Iain Banks, all of whom are critical darlings. —KJA

I...had written a bunch of Star Wars and X-Files books...that proved not just that I'm a hack, but that I could write in somebody else's universe... —KJA

User avatar
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard
Posts: 6623
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 11:07
Location: The Mighty Central Valley of California
Contact:

Re: Us VS Them

Postby Omphalos » 13 Oct 2010 20:50

D Pope wrote:
Eyes High wrote:
An idiot wrote:Well, how about it Red bug? You stand accused of fraud and being a jerk. How do you defend your actions?

Hold on! Red bug is Byron Merritt?! No!

Redbug is someone else

Well doesn't that just make me a perfect dipshit.

Redbugpest, I apologise for having mistaken your identity. I'm very sorry for accusing you of actions committed by another, my mistake is indefensible.


Well, your sentiment is defensible. This one is a passive aggressive troll. All of this is just part of his next set up to be a dick.

User avatar
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero
Posts: 14490
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
Location: "Whatcha having, shoog? Hurry up and order now, I ain't got all day!"
Contact:

Re: Us VS Them

Postby SandChigger » 13 Oct 2010 21:09

redbugpest wrote:Sorry, I don't have an active account at DN

Yet another lie?

http://forum.dunenovels.com/phpBB2/prof ... ile&u=5872

Or, what, has Byron had his fingers up his ass for over a year and never gotten around to activating it? (Wouldn't surprise me.) :roll:
I have heard of only one mistake that doesn’t have an explanation for a careful reader...with an open mind. (And, no, I’m not going to tell you what it is!) —KJA

I don't like every writer's style; for instance, I have never been able to get through Ursula LeGuin, China Mieville, or Iain Banks, all of whom are critical darlings. —KJA

I...had written a bunch of Star Wars and X-Files books...that proved not just that I'm a hack, but that I could write in somebody else's universe... —KJA

User avatar
redbugpest
Posts: 424
Joined: 23 Jun 2009 14:17
Location: Lost in La Manancha

Re: Us VS Them

Postby redbugpest » 13 Oct 2010 21:18

SandChigger wrote:
redbugpest wrote:Sorry, I don't have an active account at DN

Yet another lie?

http://forum.dunenovels.com/phpBB2/prof ... ile&u=5872

Or, what, has Byron had his fingers up his ass for over a year and never gotten around to activating it? (Wouldn't surprise me.) :roll:


Never activated (at least I never got a reply, and cannot log on).
Image
__________________________________________________________________

User avatar
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero
Posts: 14490
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
Location: "Whatcha having, shoog? Hurry up and order now, I ain't got all day!"
Contact:

Re: Us VS Them

Postby SandChigger » 13 Oct 2010 21:29

Not a fail, porkfuck, since I included that possibility. It's just true by default. You DID register there and DO have an account.

Moron. :)
I have heard of only one mistake that doesn’t have an explanation for a careful reader...with an open mind. (And, no, I’m not going to tell you what it is!) —KJA

I don't like every writer's style; for instance, I have never been able to get through Ursula LeGuin, China Mieville, or Iain Banks, all of whom are critical darlings. —KJA

I...had written a bunch of Star Wars and X-Files books...that proved not just that I'm a hack, but that I could write in somebody else's universe... —KJA

User avatar
redbugpest
Posts: 424
Joined: 23 Jun 2009 14:17
Location: Lost in La Manancha

Re: Us VS Them

Postby redbugpest » 13 Oct 2010 21:32

SandChigger wrote:Not a fail, porkfuck, since I included that possibility. It's just true by default. You DID register there and DO have an account.

Moron. :)


redbugpest wrote:Sorry, I don't have an active account at DN


Not and active account, and I did clarify that, so you still fail...
__________________________________________________________________

User avatar
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero
Posts: 14490
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
Location: "Whatcha having, shoog? Hurry up and order now, I ain't got all day!"
Contact:

Re: Us VS Them

Postby SandChigger » 13 Oct 2010 21:35

redbugpest wrote:
SandChigger wrote:Not a fail, porkfuck, since I included that possibility. It's just true by default. You DID register there and DO have an account.

Moron. :)


redbugpest wrote:Sorry, I don't have an active account at DN


Not and active account, and I did clarify that, so you still fail...

Not and what, pork cracker?
I have heard of only one mistake that doesn’t have an explanation for a careful reader...with an open mind. (And, no, I’m not going to tell you what it is!) —KJA

I don't like every writer's style; for instance, I have never been able to get through Ursula LeGuin, China Mieville, or Iain Banks, all of whom are critical darlings. —KJA

I...had written a bunch of Star Wars and X-Files books...that proved not just that I'm a hack, but that I could write in somebody else's universe... —KJA

User avatar
SandRider
Watermaster
Posts: 6163
Joined: 05 Oct 2008 16:14
Location: In the back of your mind. Always.
Contact:

Re: Us VS Them

Postby SandRider » 13 Oct 2010 21:52

D Pope wrote:
Eyes High wrote:
An idiot wrote:Well, how about it Red bug? You stand accused of fraud and being a jerk. How do you defend your actions?

Hold on! Red bug is Byron Merritt?! No!

Redbug is someone else

Well doesn't that just make me a perfect dipshit.

Redbugpest, I apologise for having mistaken your identity. I'm very sorry for accusing you of actions committed by another, my mistake is indefensible.



Merritt's username here is SpiceGrandson - he gave up along time ago ...
for awhile, it was clear he was lurking and monitoring here; I think he's given
that up, too, given some of the things that've been said right out in the open
that should have caused some reaction .... maybe there's just too much traffic
here for him to read all the posts, and he gave up ... I think Hyppo was looking
in the front window for awhile, taking notes and passing reports on to him, but
I figure he doesn't listen to her anymore than anyone else does ... I've always
hoped there was a dedicate pretard lurking here and copypasta'ing every time
I posted a "Byron Merritt is a fat, low-grade moron, an asshat, a shitheel,
fucktard phony, and his feet stink"
but I think that's hoping for too much ...

no, Byron Merritt is too much of a pussy to post here ...
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008

User avatar
Eyes High
Patience Personified
Posts: 2321
Joined: 22 Jul 2008 15:32
Location: between the worlds of men and make believe

Re: Us VS Them

Postby Eyes High » 14 Oct 2010 02:17

Freakzilla wrote:Do y'all get email notifications from here?


I've never gotten one from here that I can recall. From T(A)U when I get a pm, although lately I've gotten them two days AFTER I've read the pm :think:
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.

User avatar
TheDukester
Posts: 3808
Joined: 20 Jun 2008 13:44
Location: Operation Enduring Bacon
Contact:

Re: Us VS Them

Postby TheDukester » 14 Oct 2010 03:08

redbugpest wrote:... so you still fail...

Yeah, the "fail" meme. That was huge ...

... three or four years ago.

Seriously, Bri-Guy, just go back to your McDune. I think it's more your pace.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.

User avatar
merkin muffley
Posts: 1584
Joined: 23 Apr 2010 15:18
Location: War Room

Re: Us VS Them

Postby merkin muffley » 14 Oct 2010 08:45

Redbugpest, you're so reluctant to post any evidence that KJA is as good a writer as you say he is, so I have to assume you're a shill, and therefore a fraud and a jerk. So, you stand accused of being a fraud and a jerk and a porky hamwallet with no real passion or taste in literature. How do you respond? Surprise me.
"I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."

User avatar
redbugpest
Posts: 424
Joined: 23 Jun 2009 14:17
Location: Lost in La Manancha

Re: Us VS Them

Postby redbugpest » 14 Oct 2010 09:23

merkin muffley wrote:Redbugpest, you're so reluctant to post any evidence that KJA is as good a writer as you say he is, so I have to assume you're a shill, and therefore a fraud and a jerk. So, you stand accused of being a fraud and a jerk and a porky hamwallet with no real passion or taste in literature. How do you respond? Surprise me.



Since his being a good or poor writer is subjective to the opinion of the person reading, there is no way that I am aware of to prove or disprove it to you. The only real facts as to his writing lay in the number of books published, and his ability to support himself entirely as a writer. That would lead someone to believe that he has a fair amount of popularity. Of course, these facts cannot be used to satisfy the Good / Bad component you refer to above.

I think it is narrow minded of you to claim that I have no passion or taste in literature simply because I like some of the stuff that KJA has published. I have very eclectic tastes when it comes to books, movies and music. Reading Kafka's Metamorphosis or Koestler's Darkness at Noon is a completely different experience from Mitchner's Space, or Tolkien,s Hobbit or Adam's Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I read for enjoyment, and tend to re-read the books I like the best over and over and over... What i do not do is browbeat anyone who may not agree with my views on a book.
__________________________________________________________________

User avatar
merkin muffley
Posts: 1584
Joined: 23 Apr 2010 15:18
Location: War Room

Re: Us VS Them

Postby merkin muffley » 14 Oct 2010 09:35

redbugpest wrote:I think it is narrow minded of you to claim that I have no passion or taste in literature simply because I like some of the stuff that KJA has published.


I'm claiming that because you're a member of KJA Special Forces and are trolling here on their behalf.
"I must admit, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor...."

User avatar
redbugpest
Posts: 424
Joined: 23 Jun 2009 14:17
Location: Lost in La Manancha

Re: Us VS Them

Postby redbugpest » 14 Oct 2010 09:56

merkin muffley wrote:
redbugpest wrote:I think it is narrow minded of you to claim that I have no passion or taste in literature simply because I like some of the stuff that KJA has published.


I'm claiming that because you're a member of KJA Special Forces and are trolling here on their behalf.


merkin muffley wrote:Redbugpest, you're so reluctant to post any evidence that KJA is as good a writer as you say he is, so I have to assume you're a shill, and therefore a fraud and a jerk. So, you stand accused of being a fraud and a jerk and a porky hamwallet with no real passion or taste in literature. How do you respond? Surprise me.


No, you quite clearly made the claim because you felt I was not adequately proving something that is patently unprovable because it is based on personal opinion - not because of my association with the KJASF (which would imply a certain level of passion).

BTW, I am not the one posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off topic messages... (other than to Chiggie) this go round.
so the Troll label may not be accurate either...
__________________________________________________________________

User avatar
TheDukester
Posts: 3808
Joined: 20 Jun 2008 13:44
Location: Operation Enduring Bacon
Contact:

Re: Us VS Them

Postby TheDukester » 14 Oct 2010 10:45

redbugpest wrote:BTW, I am not the one posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off topic messages...

Right.

Seven unfunny pictures of the Fail Cat ... that's not extraneous at all. :roll:

Redbugpest, you stand accused of being a charlatan, a shill, and a poor dresser. How do you respond?
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.

User avatar
redbugpest
Posts: 424
Joined: 23 Jun 2009 14:17
Location: Lost in La Manancha

Re: Us VS Them

Postby redbugpest » 14 Oct 2010 10:52

TheDukester wrote:
redbugpest wrote:BTW, I am not the one posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off topic messages...

Right.

Seven unfunny pictures of the Fail Cat ... that's not extraneous at all. :roll:

Redbugpest, you stand accused of being a charlatan, a shill, and a poor dresser. How do you respond?


All directed at Chiggie - As I stated in the truncated quote you used...

redbugpest wrote:BTW, I am not the one posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off topic messages... (other than to Chiggie) this go round.
so the Troll label may not be accurate either...


Try keeping it in context please... I'm not interested in disinformation...
__________________________________________________________________

User avatar
TheDukester
Posts: 3808
Joined: 20 Jun 2008 13:44
Location: Operation Enduring Bacon
Contact:

Re: Us VS Them

Postby TheDukester » 14 Oct 2010 11:06

redbugpest wrote:All directed at Chiggie ...

Here's the problem, moron: we all see the same message board. So it really doesn't matter who your ancient "funny" cat pictures were directed at — all of us here have to wade through them.

Christsakes, Anderhack really does attract complete dumbasses, doesn't he? It's amazing how little you people actually think.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.


Return to “˱”