• Register
  • Login
  •          

    Jewish Heritage via Axlotl Tank?

    Image
      Kill the non-believers!

    Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

    Postby A Thing of Eternity » 22 Jul 2008 11:12

    At the very least, you have to admit Jesus has a pair.


    Insanity and bravery are two seperate things. Also, should be "had" a pair.
    Image
    User avatar
    A Thing of Eternity
     
    Posts: 6090
    Joined: 08 Apr 2008 15:35
    Location: Calgary Alberta

    Postby Freakzilla » 22 Jul 2008 11:14

    I still think he was an alien-human hybrid.
    Image
    Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
    ~Pink Snowman
    User avatar
    Freakzilla
    Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
     
    Posts: 18061
    Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
    Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA

    Postby Fantômas » 22 Jul 2008 11:39

    A Thing of Eternity wrote:
    At the very least, you have to admit Jesus has a pair.


    Insanity and bravery are two seperate things. Also, should be "had" a pair.
    Right you are! :)

    He is! Jesus lives! :D

    He was a hybrid. Edit: Heck, I really do not know how Mr. Christ did it. He is " Son of G-d ". Notice I am not saying tri-breed, the Trinity is not something I can fathom. I've tried, I gave up. I am not to know yet.
    Personally, I did not give up the quest, but I realized some things are beyond my comprehension.

    AToE, do you say J. was insane and brave? ...or just brave?...or just insane?
    Fantômas
     

    Postby A Thing of Eternity » 22 Jul 2008 11:59

    Just insane.

    Why do you write g-d by the way?
    Image
    User avatar
    A Thing of Eternity
     
    Posts: 6090
    Joined: 08 Apr 2008 15:35
    Location: Calgary Alberta

    Postby Fantômas » 22 Jul 2008 12:10

    A Thing of Eternity wrote:Just insane.

    Why do you write g-d by the way?

    It has to do with the Jewish prohibition about writing or even saying the name of the Hebrew G-d. Purge writings in another forum reminded me of it and I thought I would like to write it that way as to not offend G-d, just in case. :)

    Insane? I do not know if that is the correct diagnosis for the condition J. was in, maybe.
    Jesus H. Christ was for sure in an altered state, but I do not think He was insane :|

    He sure made a ruckus and all kinds of fuckry according to the Romans. He knew the "price" for messing with Roman Law, but above all, He knew the "price" that had to be paid to redeem His people.
    Last edited by Fantômas on 22 Jul 2008 12:26, edited 1 time in total.
    Fantômas
     

    Postby A Thing of Eternity » 22 Jul 2008 12:20

    Don't you think your god knows that what you're writing means "god"? It's just letters and sounds, like all words/names. Any sound you make, and any letters you write IS the name of god if that is what you meant when you said/wrote it. God is just one of the latest names for old YHWH, you could also call him Allah, or Bob - it doesn't matter. With or without the "o" it's still his name.

    If your god would be offended by you spelling out the vowel in a word referring to him I think we all might have bigger problems than we ever imagined.
    Image
    User avatar
    A Thing of Eternity
     
    Posts: 6090
    Joined: 08 Apr 2008 15:35
    Location: Calgary Alberta

    Postby Fantômas » 22 Jul 2008 12:40

    A Thing of Eternity wrote: call him Allah, or Bob - it doesn't matter. With or without the "o" it's still his name.
    :laughing:

    I agree. :)

    Little things one does to appease. I mean, I do fear when God's protection for me will irrevocably be retrieved. I believe, is like Karma, the protection is somewhat depended on what actions I take in life. Sometimes I dare Him, sometimes I don't dare. I have gotten away with a lot; it is time for the reckoning and God has my life in his book. I pray I get to the next level.
    Last edited by Fantômas on 22 Jul 2008 12:43, edited 1 time in total.
    Fantômas
     

    Postby Freakzilla » 22 Jul 2008 12:43

    I call him delusion.
    Image
    Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
    ~Pink Snowman
    User avatar
    Freakzilla
    Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
     
    Posts: 18061
    Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
    Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA

    Postby Fantômas » 22 Jul 2008 12:56

    Freakzilla wrote:I call him delusion.

    Hi Freak!

    Seriously, would you share once more your devotion/or lack of, to a higher being. I don't mean the person on the next floor above you.

    What do you believe in? I mean science only goes back to Singularity.
    Universal Physics is not all encompassing. We shrink and we expand.
    Is the Universe a lung?
    Just thought it would be interesting to know.

    If we are here because of an alien race in the Universe left us here, why haven't they visited or, better yet, who created them?

    Show me the missing link and we will agree about evolution.
    Bye Freak!
    Fantômas
     

    Postby Freakzilla » 22 Jul 2008 13:26

    Fantômas wrote:
    Freakzilla wrote:I call him delusion.

    Hi Freak!

    Seriously, would you share once more your devotion/or lack of, to a higher being. I don't mean the person on the next floor above you.


    God is what science has not yet, or may never explain.

    What do you believe in?


    What my senses report to me.

    I mean science only goes back to Singularity.


    The Singularity has not commanded that I worship it.

    Universal Physics is not all encompassing. We shrink and we expand.
    Is the Universe a lung?
    Just thought it would be interesting to know.


    Our universe is an electron (or smaller) in a universe of a larger scale.

    If we are here because of an alien race in the Universe left us here, why haven't they visited or, better yet, who created them?


    Who says they haven't visited us? Your Bible is rife with alien encounters of all kinds. It calls them angels and demons.

    Who cares who created them, can they not just be? If I told you, would you worship that creator?

    Show me the missing link and we will agree about evolution.


    I don't care if you agree with evolution, but if you don't at least admit that it's the best theory presented so far then you're fooling yourself. It makes more sense to me than Norma waving her magic wand or a stack or turtles.

    Bye Freak!


    "Take charge of your own existence, Moneo!"
    ~Leto II, God Emperor of Dune
    Image
    Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
    ~Pink Snowman
    User avatar
    Freakzilla
    Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
     
    Posts: 18061
    Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
    Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA

    Postby A Thing of Eternity » 22 Jul 2008 14:03

    Fantômas wrote:Show me the missing link and we will agree about evolution.


    There are many missing links in the evolutionary chain leading from single celled beings to humans - which one would you like? We can't expect there to be (findable) fossil records of every life form that ever existed on this world.

    I mean science only goes back to Singularity.


    Religion only goes back to the same point. Where did your god come from? Either way there is a big unanswered question, to think that believing in a god settles anything is just silly and closed minded.

    Baraka Bryan wrote:“Either Jesus was, and is, the Son of God: or else a madman or something worse. You can shut Him up for a fool, you can spit at Him and kill Him as a demon; or you can fall at His feet and call Him Lord and God. But don’t make up any patronizing nonsense about His being just a great human teacher.” (C.S. Lewis)


    I love this quote too. Great book.
    Image
    User avatar
    A Thing of Eternity
     
    Posts: 6090
    Joined: 08 Apr 2008 15:35
    Location: Calgary Alberta

    Postby orald » 22 Jul 2008 14:09

    Freakzilla wrote:
    I mean science only goes back to Singularity.


    The Singularity has not commanded that I worship it.

    Ship has, though. :D


    Mandy, can you link us to Mike Wong's little anti-creationism site? I like his attitude. :)
    In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

    I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
    User avatar
    orald
     
    Posts: 3010
    Joined: 28 Feb 2008 14:48
    Location: Maximum Security Mental Hospital

    Postby Fantômas » 22 Jul 2008 14:17

    Great answers except the answer to, what do you believe in?
    and...

    It has to be more than that. Aren't you wired like the rest of us which have a "godly place in the brain".
    I guess humanity could have invented God as a therapeutic technic to shed guilt from ones mind and to explain unknown things, like you have said previously. Maybe it just started long ago that humanity was self endowed with guilty sentiments as a way to control it self.

    The electron answer I like. Evolution as presented is lacking continuity, but it is best theory we have. Is theory the correct word.? I demand the missing links be found. I will not accept Evolution otherwise; consequently, I am accepting the Hebrew G-d. I have nothing else. :D
    `Thanks for sharing.
    Fantômas
     

    Postby Freakzilla » 22 Jul 2008 14:40

    I'd be carefull including yourself in "the rest of us".

    Why do you need a god?
    Last edited by Freakzilla on 22 Jul 2008 14:44, edited 1 time in total.
    Image
    Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
    ~Pink Snowman
    User avatar
    Freakzilla
    Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
     
    Posts: 18061
    Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
    Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA

    Postby orald » 22 Jul 2008 14:41

    Oh, the Jewish god, is it? Then you can fucking stop omitting the "o" cuz there's no "o" in God's name, dumbfuck. It's not in English. :roll:

    יהוה יהוה יהוה יהוה יהוה יהוה יהוה יהוה יהוה יהוה יהוה יהוה יהוה יהוה יהוה יהוה יהוה יהוה יהוה יהוה יהוה יהוה יהוה יהוה יהוה יהוה יהוה יהוה יהוה יהוה יהוה יהוה יהוה יהוה יהוה

    Well, no lightning bolt from the sky or anything...I guess saying or typing "God's" name truly is...nothing.

    Also, no pork, crabs&shellfish etc etc for you. I hope you've already had circumsizion...I hear it hurts rel bad when done to grownups. :twisted:
    In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

    I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
    User avatar
    orald
     
    Posts: 3010
    Joined: 28 Feb 2008 14:48
    Location: Maximum Security Mental Hospital

    Postby A Thing of Eternity » 22 Jul 2008 14:54

    Fantômas wrote:It has to be more than that. Aren't you wired like the rest of us which have a "godly place in the brain".


    I apologize for answering in place of Freak, but I certainly do not have that place in my mind.

    Evolution as presented is lacking continuity, but it is best theory we have. Is theory the correct word.? I demand the missing links be found. I will not accept Evolution otherwise; consequently, I am accepting the Hebrew G-d. I have nothing else. :D


    I don't think that religion has any fewer missing links. A bit of faith ends up being involved either way people believe. You say you cannot accept evolution because of some missing stages? That evolution happens right now on this planet is fact (why do you think it's possible for you to get the flu year after year, you do know that once you get it you are immune to that strain?). That evolution can turn a less complicated being into a more complicated one is a fact. Whether or not we humans evolved from less complicated life is a theory, supported by buckets and buckets of facts.
    Image
    User avatar
    A Thing of Eternity
     
    Posts: 6090
    Joined: 08 Apr 2008 15:35
    Location: Calgary Alberta

    Postby Spicelon » 22 Jul 2008 15:09

    Fantômas wrote:It has to be more than that. Aren't you wired like the rest of us which have a "godly place in the brain".


    omg, dude...it doesn't have to be like that and I, for one, am eternally
    thankful that my brain doesn't contain such a place. I would like to think that
    that bit of disk space is devoted to something more important than a human
    construct that preys on fear and guilt, i.e religion.
    Poop is funny.
    MetaCugel8262 is not.
    User avatar
    Spicelon
     
    Posts: 702
    Joined: 30 Mar 2008 23:31

    Postby Freakzilla » 22 Jul 2008 15:26

    A Thing of Eternity wrote:
    Fantômas wrote:It has to be more than that. Aren't you wired like the rest of us which have a "godly place in the brain".


    I apologize for answering in place of Freak, but I certainly do not have that place in my mind.

    Evolution as presented is lacking continuity, but it is best theory we have. Is theory the correct word.? I demand the missing links be found. I will not accept Evolution otherwise; consequently, I am accepting the Hebrew G-d. I have nothing else. :D


    I don't think that religion has any fewer missing links. A bit of faith ends up being involved either way people believe. You say you cannot accept evolution because of some missing stages? That evolution happens right now on this planet is fact (why do you think it's possible for you to get the flu year after year, you do know that once you get it you are immune to that strain?). That evolution can turn a less complicated being into a more complicated one is a fact. Whether or not we humans evolved from less complicated life is a theory, supported by buckets and buckets of facts.


    I saw a TV show on the Science Channel that posited "that place" is actually a form of epilepsy.

    So, I hope you get well soon Fantomas.
    Image
    Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
    ~Pink Snowman
    User avatar
    Freakzilla
    Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
     
    Posts: 18061
    Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
    Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA

    Postby Nekhrun » 22 Jul 2008 15:47

    Fantômas wrote:
    Nekhrun wrote:
    Fantômas wrote:
    Nekhrun wrote:
    Fantômas wrote:
    orald wrote:I'm kinda not seeing where you're comign from, Chig...where are all the bodies? Ravaged towns? Who's been massacred here? What pogroms? :?

    I just like the Rabbi mentioning pogroms, since we do share that: we remember, we do not forget, and we do not forgive.


    And frankly, if anyone thinks I can be like the average westerner here just because I share some of the culture/interests, they're wrong- I cannot forget that a mere 65 years ago two millenia of antisemitism colluminated with the systematic murder of at least 6 million Jews by one of the world's(at the time) most educated, advanced and leading nations.

    If that was part of your lennieage(sp?), could you forget...or forgive?


    You guys "killed" Jesus. Tit for tat. Eye for an eye...
    at the very least, Jews got blamed for it.

    Jesus set the whole thing up with Judas. Get over it. He was more cunning than you give him credit for.

    Why would Holy Jesus do that?
    To split the 30 pieces of silver with Judas?

    No, to become a martyr and start something that would still influence people today. Ever read the Gospel of Judas? You've got to be kidding, by all biblical accounts he could've just run away or stopped the whole thing and you're asking why he did it? Of course it was his plan all along.


    I think it was He's Father's plan but Jesus executed it. Jesus did what the Father Willed. At the very least, you have to admit Jesus has a pair.

    Nice work. This marks the first time in my life I've heard reference to Jesus' genitals.
    User avatar
    Nekhrun
    Icelandic Wiener
     
    Posts: 3287
    Joined: 10 Feb 2008 16:27

    Postby Spicelon » 22 Jul 2008 16:14

    Nekhrun wrote:
    Fantômas wrote:
    Nekhrun wrote:
    Fantômas wrote:
    Nekhrun wrote:
    Fantômas wrote:
    orald wrote:I'm kinda not seeing where you're comign from, Chig...where are all the bodies? Ravaged towns? Who's been massacred here? What pogroms? :?

    I just like the Rabbi mentioning pogroms, since we do share that: we remember, we do not forget, and we do not forgive.


    And frankly, if anyone thinks I can be like the average westerner here just because I share some of the culture/interests, they're wrong- I cannot forget that a mere 65 years ago two millenia of antisemitism colluminated with the systematic murder of at least 6 million Jews by one of the world's(at the time) most educated, advanced and leading nations.

    If that was part of your lennieage(sp?), could you forget...or forgive?


    You guys "killed" Jesus. Tit for tat. Eye for an eye...
    at the very least, Jews got blamed for it.

    Jesus set the whole thing up with Judas. Get over it. He was more cunning than you give him credit for.

    Why would Holy Jesus do that?
    To split the 30 pieces of silver with Judas?

    No, to become a martyr and start something that would still influence people today. Ever read the Gospel of Judas? You've got to be kidding, by all biblical accounts he could've just run away or stopped the whole thing and you're asking why he did it? Of course it was his plan all along.


    I think it was He's Father's plan but Jesus executed it. Jesus did what the Father Willed. At the very least, you have to admit Jesus has a pair.

    Nice work. This marks the first time in my life I've heard reference to Jesus' genitals.


    According to The Davinci Code Jesus' pair were functional. ;)
    Poop is funny.
    MetaCugel8262 is not.
    User avatar
    Spicelon
     
    Posts: 702
    Joined: 30 Mar 2008 23:31

    Postby Tleszer » 22 Jul 2008 17:21

    Spicelon wrote:
    Nekhrun wrote:
    Fantômas wrote:
    Nekhrun wrote:
    Fantômas wrote:
    Nekhrun wrote:
    Fantômas wrote:
    orald wrote:I'm kinda not seeing where you're comign from, Chig...where are all the bodies? Ravaged towns? Who's been massacred here? What pogroms? :?

    I just like the Rabbi mentioning pogroms, since we do share that: we remember, we do not forget, and we do not forgive.


    And frankly, if anyone thinks I can be like the average westerner here just because I share some of the culture/interests, they're wrong- I cannot forget that a mere 65 years ago two millenia of antisemitism colluminated with the systematic murder of at least 6 million Jews by one of the world's(at the time) most educated, advanced and leading nations.

    If that was part of your lennieage(sp?), could you forget...or forgive?


    You guys "killed" Jesus. Tit for tat. Eye for an eye...
    at the very least, Jews got blamed for it.

    Jesus set the whole thing up with Judas. Get over it. He was more cunning than you give him credit for.

    Why would Holy Jesus do that?
    To split the 30 pieces of silver with Judas?

    No, to become a martyr and start something that would still influence people today. Ever read the Gospel of Judas? You've got to be kidding, by all biblical accounts he could've just run away or stopped the whole thing and you're asking why he did it? Of course it was his plan all along.


    I think it was He's Father's plan but Jesus executed it. Jesus did what the Father Willed. At the very least, you have to admit Jesus has a pair.

    Nice work. This marks the first time in my life I've heard reference to Jesus' genitals.


    According to The Davinci Code Jesus' pair were functional. ;)


    Functional genitals for Jesus? What will they think of next?
    DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
    User avatar
    Tleszer
     
    Posts: 2161
    Joined: 17 Feb 2008 18:02

    Postby SandChigger » 22 Jul 2008 18:36

    Fucking appalling.

    What the hell is this now, Dune Novels?
    I have heard of only one mistake that doesn’t have an explanation for a careful reader...with an open mind. (And, no, I’m not going to tell you what it is!) —KJA

    I don't like every writer's style; for instance, I have never been able to get through Ursula LeGuin, China Mieville, or Iain Banks, all of whom are critical darlings. —KJA

    I...had written a bunch of Star Wars and X-Files books...that proved not just that I'm a hack, but that I could write in somebody else's universe... —KJA
    User avatar
    SandChigger
    KJASF Ground Zero
     
    Posts: 14490
    Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
    Location: "Whatcha having, shoog? Hurry up and order now, I ain't got all day!"

    Postby chanilover » 23 Jul 2008 02:06

    Wouldn't it be horrifying if the Legends of Dune series came to the attention of an ayatollah who protested at the portrayal of Shi'ites in the books and who subsequently issued a fatwa of on authors, a bit like Salman Rushdie.
    "You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
    Image
    Image
    User avatar
    chanilover
     
    Posts: 1639
    Joined: 18 Feb 2008 08:29

    Postby SandChigger » 23 Jul 2008 03:21

    I can't think of a nicer thing that could happen to Kevin than that. :twisted:


    (So, no, not horrifying at all. The prospect rather gives me the warm and fuzzies. :D )
    I have heard of only one mistake that doesn’t have an explanation for a careful reader...with an open mind. (And, no, I’m not going to tell you what it is!) —KJA

    I don't like every writer's style; for instance, I have never been able to get through Ursula LeGuin, China Mieville, or Iain Banks, all of whom are critical darlings. —KJA

    I...had written a bunch of Star Wars and X-Files books...that proved not just that I'm a hack, but that I could write in somebody else's universe... —KJA
    User avatar
    SandChigger
    KJASF Ground Zero
     
    Posts: 14490
    Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
    Location: "Whatcha having, shoog? Hurry up and order now, I ain't got all day!"

    Re: Jewish Heritage via Axlotl Tank?

    Postby Purge » 23 Jul 2008 13:20

    Davaro wrote:Since FH established in CH:D that the Jewish heritage of Secret Israel is traced through their maternal line, your mother has to be a Jew in order for you to be one. In that case if Rebecca or another Jewish female is made into an axlotl tank would the gholas born from them be considered Jewish?


    No. It would be one thing if she got pregnant, somehow went into a coma she would never come out of, but somehow the baby was able to continue growing until being removed. However, something foreign being placed into and grown in a Jewish womb will not cause it to be Jewish.
    Purge
     
    Posts: 82
    Joined: 23 May 2008 15:34

    PreviousNext

    Return to ˱

    Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest