• Register
  • Login
  •          

    Found some old FH books

    Image
      Non-Dune Frank Herbert Book Discussion

    Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Mr. Teg

    Found some old FH books

    Postby Laphtiya » 13 Oct 2008 02:53

    Hi all. I was in a old second hand book store called "Barter books". If you live in the UK its a very large bookshop not far from Alnwick Guardens. Anyway in the Sci Fi section which I often "haunt" I spotted the following:

    Hellstrom's Hive
    The Priests of PSI
    The Heaven Makers.

    And a copy of the Nebula Award Winners edited by Frank Herbert. I got this one because it had Enemy mine in it, one of my fav none FH sci fi books.

    They were only £1 each which was really cheap, they are in very good condition as well. There were also some old copies of Dune and Dune Messiah from this series of covers. Image
    User avatar
    Laphtiya
     
    Posts: 215
    Joined: 29 Aug 2008 11:57
    Location: In an outpost, on the edge of space!

    Postby Omphalos » 13 Oct 2008 10:55

    Ive never gotten a look at that Nebula Awards book that he edited. I love Enemy Mine too.
    User avatar
    Omphalos
    Inglorious Bastard
     
    Posts: 6571
    Joined: 05 Feb 2008 11:07
    Location: The Mighty Central Valley of California

    Re: Found some old FH books

    Postby mrpsbrk » 20 Jan 2009 02:28

    Laphtiya wrote:And a copy of the Nebula Award Winners edited by Frank Herbert. I got this one because it had Enemy mine in it, one of my fav none FH sci fi books.


    Had this book once, had to give it over while in the middle of Enemy Mine, shoot. But the book also has a very curious introduction by FH, one that begins with him stating that his name was on the cover purely for dirty business tricks, that he had had nothing whatsoever with the production of the book. As i remember it was a interesting commentary on the media industry and stuff...

    Would love to have it again... Care to do some scanning?
    Marcio (mrpsbrk) does believe in Lord Leto over all other wills and reasons ;-)
    User avatar
    mrpsbrk
     
    Posts: 158
    Joined: 20 Dec 2008 11:08
    Location: Brazil

    Re: Found some old FH books

    Postby Laphtiya » 20 Jan 2009 09:04

    mrpsbrk wrote:
    Laphtiya wrote:And a copy of the Nebula Award Winners edited by Frank Herbert. I got this one because it had Enemy mine in it, one of my fav none FH sci fi books.


    Had this book once, had to give it over while in the middle of Enemy Mine, shoot. But the book also has a very curious introduction by FH, one that begins with him stating that his name was on the cover purely for dirty business tricks, that he had had nothing whatsoever with the production of the book. As i remember it was a interesting commentary on the media industry and stuff...

    Would love to have it again... Care to do some scanning?


    Sure I'll scan his intro and post it up on here, not a problem.
    User avatar
    Laphtiya
     
    Posts: 215
    Joined: 29 Aug 2008 11:57
    Location: In an outpost, on the edge of space!

    Re: Found some old FH books

    Postby SandRider » 22 Jan 2009 15:07

    Laphtiya wrote:
    mrpsbrk wrote:
    Laphtiya wrote:And a copy of the Nebula Award Winners edited by Frank Herbert. I got this one because it had Enemy mine in it, one of my fav none FH sci fi books.


    Had this book once, had to give it over while in the middle of Enemy Mine, shoot. But the book also has a very curious introduction by FH, one that begins with him stating that his name was on the cover purely for dirty business tricks, that he had had nothing whatsoever with the production of the book. As i remember it was a interesting commentary on the media industry and stuff...

    Would love to have it again... Care to do some scanning?


    Sure I'll scan his intro and post it up on here, not a problem.


    please do - would love to see it !!
    ................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
    ImageImage

    I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
    how to fully interact with people.
    ~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
    User avatar
    SandRider
    Watermaster
     
    Posts: 6163
    Joined: 05 Oct 2008 16:14
    Location: In the back of your mind. Always.


    Return to ˱

    Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

    cron