• Register
  • Login
  •          

    We got bin Laden!

    Image
      Abandon all sanity, ye who enter here!

    Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

    Re: We got bin Laden!

    Postby Freakzilla » 10 May 2011 10:06

    I hear they had to waterboard Bin Laden's wives to get them to STOP talking.

    Image
    Image
    Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
    ~Pink Snowman
    User avatar
    Freakzilla
    Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
     
    Posts: 18083
    Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
    Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA

    Re: We got bin Laden!

    Postby Mandy » 10 May 2011 13:29

    Kojiro, please address our serious concerns about bacon.
    As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hypatia approaches one.
    User avatar
    Mandy
    Cat Herder
     
    Posts: 1700
    Joined: 08 Feb 2008 20:18

    Re: We got bin Laden!

    Postby Freakzilla » 10 May 2011 13:43

    Image
    Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
    ~Pink Snowman
    User avatar
    Freakzilla
    Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
     
    Posts: 18083
    Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
    Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA

    Re: We got bin Laden!

    Postby Freakzilla » 10 May 2011 14:15

    Image
    Image
    Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
    ~Pink Snowman
    User avatar
    Freakzilla
    Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
     
    Posts: 18083
    Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
    Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA

    Re: We got bin Laden!

    Postby SandRider » 10 May 2011 15:37

    ................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
    ImageImage

    I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
    how to fully interact with people.
    ~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
    User avatar
    SandRider
    Watermaster
     
    Posts: 6163
    Joined: 05 Oct 2008 16:14
    Location: In the back of your mind. Always.

    Re: We got bin Laden!

    Postby Freakzilla » 10 May 2011 17:01

    Image
    Image
    Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
    ~Pink Snowman
    User avatar
    Freakzilla
    Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
     
    Posts: 18083
    Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
    Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA

    Re: We got bin Laden!

    Postby lotek » 10 May 2011 18:22

    Bacon, Bacon Head = A Paedophile, (Rhyming Slang, Bonce (Head) > Nonce)

    http://www.englishproject.org/index.php ... Itemid=196
    Spice is the worm's gonads.
    User avatar
    lotek
     
    Posts: 5734
    Joined: 28 Jul 2009 08:33

    Re: We got bin Laden!

    Postby DuneFishUK » 10 May 2011 18:51

    lotek wrote:Bacon, Bacon Head = A Paedophile, (Rhyming Slang, Bonce (Head) > Nonce)

    http://www.englishproject.org/index.php ... Itemid=196

    I never knew that prisoners have five words for "paedophile", but only one for "snow" :o
    User avatar
    DuneFishUK
     
    Posts: 1987
    Joined: 25 May 2008 14:14
    Location: Cool Britannia

    Re: We got bin Laden!

    Postby A Thing of Eternity » 10 May 2011 19:09

    DuneFishUK wrote:
    lotek wrote:Bacon, Bacon Head = A Paedophile, (Rhyming Slang, Bonce (Head) > Nonce)

    http://www.englishproject.org/index.php ... Itemid=196

    I never knew that prisoners have five words for "paedophile", but only one for "snow" :o


    That's because they're precisely the opposite of the Inuit. :wink: No (real) bacon for the Inuit... :(
    Image
    User avatar
    A Thing of Eternity
     
    Posts: 6090
    Joined: 08 Apr 2008 15:35
    Location: Calgary Alberta

    Re: We got bin Laden!

    Postby lotek » 10 May 2011 19:39

    inuit, innit ?
    Spice is the worm's gonads.
    User avatar
    lotek
     
    Posts: 5734
    Joined: 28 Jul 2009 08:33

    Re: We got bin Laden!

    Postby A Thing of Eternity » 10 May 2011 20:12

    Inuit, Inuit. Your google-fu is weak son. :)
    Image
    User avatar
    A Thing of Eternity
     
    Posts: 6090
    Joined: 08 Apr 2008 15:35
    Location: Calgary Alberta

    Re: We got bin Laden!

    Postby Lundse » 11 May 2011 06:04

    Kojiro wrote:Either leaks are inevitable or they are not. Which is it? You cannot have it both ways.


    Let me elaborate:
    - If an employee is asked to lie to the American people and fabricate evidence, he has a reason for leaking said information. Both because of his or her conscience, but also because such an act is illegal in itself. We have whistleblower laws for this exact reason.
    - An employee working on the job he or she agreed to, has no reason except personal gain, publicity or plain stupidity, to leak properly classified information.

    I am saying that you can mostly rely on a spy to keep mum about his work (history has shown this), but that you cannot rely on soldiers and pilots to lie about a mission they did not perform. It is not part of their job description, is unconsciable and illegal. The more people forced to do this, the more inevitable the leak.


    Your statement of "proof you haven't read a thing" (and the former, very succinct "liar" is an insult and not backed up by anything. I'll ignore it this time, the next time it is a conversation-stopper. If you are going to make irreverent remarks, you will back them up - or they are just personal attacks and nothing more. I will not continue a discussion where you cannot abstain from such.


    -

    Your dismissals of the official story basically comes down to you saying that you do not believe Osama could have stayed hidden for so long. I disagree, as do all intelligence analysts in the world. Of course he could. Your disbelief in couriers nonwithstanding, he does not have to use an American-tapped phone line every day...

    Your support for your own version is more interesting:

    I have no clue what your sarcastic comment is meant to show. I cannot see any connection to the point I was making: You are saying that the Obama thought he had a shot at pulling off this lie, but also claiming that Bush did not. Why?

    You "terminally ill" thesis has received no further support. It is still a doctor who has only seen photoes, an interviewer and an TV-analyst (to differentiate from actual intelligence personel). And you, of course.

    You again misunderstand the point about all the personel involved. Please get this through your head: They are either lying or non-existent, in your fantasy world. This is not about whether they are named, which you keep shouting as the point. It is not. That might be your point. If so, it is stupid and irrelevant and goes against your own stated knowledge that such things are of course kept secret.
    No, the point is that for your theory to make sense, these people are either lying or invented through a lie. So, to make this clearer, is the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment a fabrication of Obama's, or are they all in on the lie?

    You do not seem to understand my argument at all. I do not have a conspiracy theory where American soldiers were asked to act against rules, regulations and their conscience. In the story I find plausible, intelligence operatives were scouting out the location eventually raided, as part of their job. Why would they endanger this legitimate and important operation with a leak? Only in the world you live in, where these people are (unless they do not exist, of course) asked to fake a raid and lie about it afterwards, is a leak likely.

    You also seem to think, that photoshop can create DNA evidence of Bin Laden from wholecloth (it cannot, nor can any other technique create DNA from scratch, which would fit with his sisters). Or maybe jyou just think photoshop can create a convincing video of a specific man being buried, without any traces of manipulation (it cannot, nor can any other program). And again, "where is it" is not the point - that is has be be a lie and a huge risk, or fabricated through magic is.

    -

    But in between misunderstanding, or trying to change the argument to the one you want to make (you are free to make it seperately, of course), you apparently do give us your reason for believing Osama has been dead for some time. Obviously, if you have good evidence for this, your version of events become that much more likely.

    Kojiro wrote:
    Lundse wrote:So this is it? Because he is no longer makes tapes, he must be dead?

    He wasn't exactly camera shy. Waning health + abrupt disappearance + intelligence reports of his demise = Must be dead.


    Now, I am not convinced that those premises can only add up to him being dead. But they do make it increasingly likely. Lets look at them seperately:

    Waning health.
    From the journalist who saw him, I am willing to accede that he was probably feeling his age, probably not well and quite possibly suffering from some condition. But we have no reason, beyond a physcician who never attended him and some grey photos in which he looks grey, to go beyond that. His health is not known to be "waning" (nor his coffers to empty that he could not get help) to a degree that we can use it for anything.

    Abrupt disappearance.
    True. This is weird. I could also be explained by him moving somewhere more civilised, where communication is more risky than from a cave in the Tora Boras. But sure, he did disappear suddenly.

    Intelligence reports.
    Yes, these do exist. But they must be weighed against where they are coming from, and the general intelligence picture. One report from one untrustworthy source means nothing, especially if there are contradictory reports. There are. And your source, if I guessed correctly on what you meant (you are not that keen on direct sources), is not from French intelligence. The leaked document was, but the part where it supports your case is in referencing what a Saudi report said:
    - "According to a reliable source, Saudi security services are now convinced that Osama bin Laden is dead,” said the intelligence report."
    So the Saudi are, presumably, convinced he is dead. This is not me not trusting the French. It is me saying that if the French report is right, and the Saudi's report is right, then someone, somewhere had a good reason to think Osama dead. And there are others who say the French report itself is a fake. Not convincing, sorry.


    Kojiro wrote:
    Lundse wrote:PS: Calling someone racists, because he discussing skin colour changes in people with brown skin in a discussion about someones complexion is fucking sad. You should apologize, if you want anyone to have any respect for you after this is over. It makes you look desperate, hateful and silly.

    No, "brown people" looks hateful and silly. Darker complected/complexion is polite.


    Brown people looks bad, if you assume he is racist. If you assume he is not, it looks to-the-point, given that the discussion was about actual complexion/colour. "Darker complected" looks like it is trying hard to be politically correct. "Brown" is not considered politically incorrect, and there is a Facebook group of "black people" who want the term "brown people" instead.

    You are grasping at straws to personally attack and vilify your opponents. It looks desperate, hateful and silly.
    Lundse
     
    Posts: 524
    Joined: 01 Jul 2008 11:36
    Location: Århus, Denmark

    Re: We got bin Laden!

    Postby Freakzilla » 11 May 2011 09:27

    Surely you can make bacon from seals??? :?
    Image
    Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
    ~Pink Snowman
    User avatar
    Freakzilla
    Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
     
    Posts: 18083
    Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
    Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA

    Re: We got bin Laden!

    Postby Serkanner » 11 May 2011 10:32

    Freakzilla wrote:Surely you can make bacon from seals??? :?


    Well ... how about this: by Jeff Bacon

    Image
    "... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

    “There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

    Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
    and wrote a Dune Novel."
    User avatar
    Serkanner
     
    Posts: 2808
    Joined: 17 Feb 2008 18:44
    Location: Den Haag - The Netherlands

    Re: We got bin Laden!

    Postby Freakzilla » 11 May 2011 10:40

    I'd do her.
    Image
    Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
    ~Pink Snowman
    User avatar
    Freakzilla
    Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
     
    Posts: 18083
    Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
    Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA

    Re: We got bin Laden!

    Postby TheDukester » 11 May 2011 11:33

    One of my heroes ...

    Image
    "Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
    User avatar
    TheDukester
     
    Posts: 3808
    Joined: 20 Jun 2008 13:44
    Location: Operation Enduring Bacon

    Re: We got bin Laden!

    Postby Freakzilla » 11 May 2011 11:45

    Image
    Image
    Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
    ~Pink Snowman
    User avatar
    Freakzilla
    Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
     
    Posts: 18083
    Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
    Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA

    Re: We got bin Laden!

    Postby TheDukester » 11 May 2011 11:53

    LOL, it didn't take long for FZ to get it.

    And, sorry, but someone's got to do it. Here is the full version

    "Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
    User avatar
    TheDukester
     
    Posts: 3808
    Joined: 20 Jun 2008 13:44
    Location: Operation Enduring Bacon

    Re: We got bin Laden!

    Postby Freakzilla » 11 May 2011 12:04

    Image
    Image
    Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
    ~Pink Snowman
    User avatar
    Freakzilla
    Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
     
    Posts: 18083
    Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
    Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA

    Re: We got bin Laden!

    Postby A Thing of Eternity » 11 May 2011 14:55

    Freakzilla wrote:Surely you can make bacon from seals??? :?


    Well you could, but historically the Inuit basically didn't have fire (they did, but it was rare, wouldn't be wasted on smoke), because there's not much for trees up there. All they had normally were small lamps that ran off of animal fat (now THAT is a tough group of people, living in places where night can last a month, without even real fire to warm them. Holy shit were they tough.). So you could make strips of belly fat, but you wouldn't be able to smoke them, which is really what makes bacon bacon (instead of say, making prosciutto).

    The Inuit had one of the strangest diets on the whole planet, basically just raw meat, and very little else.
    Image
    User avatar
    A Thing of Eternity
     
    Posts: 6090
    Joined: 08 Apr 2008 15:35
    Location: Calgary Alberta

    Re: We got bin Laden!

    Postby Hunchback Jack » 12 May 2011 11:40

    How did they not get scurvy?

    HBJ
    "The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
    - Carl Sagan

    I'm still very proud of The Quarry but … let's face it; in the end the real best way to sign off would have been with a great big rollicking Culture novel.
    - Iain Banks
    User avatar
    Hunchback Jack
     
    Posts: 1982
    Joined: 30 May 2008 15:02
    Location: California, USA

    Re: We got bin Laden!

    Postby Freakzilla » 12 May 2011 11:43

    Vitamin C is obtained through sources such as caribou liver, kelp, whale skin, and seal brain; because these foods are typically eaten raw or frozen, the vitamin C they contain, which would be destroyed by cooking, is instead preserved.
    Image
    Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
    ~Pink Snowman
    User avatar
    Freakzilla
    Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
     
    Posts: 18083
    Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
    Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA

    Re: We got bin Laden!

    Postby Freakzilla » 12 May 2011 11:44

    Mmmm... whale skin... :drool:
    Image
    Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
    ~Pink Snowman
    User avatar
    Freakzilla
    Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
     
    Posts: 18083
    Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
    Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA

    Re: We got bin Laden!

    Postby A Thing of Eternity » 12 May 2011 12:25

    That's essentially it, they eat pretty much everything in the animal, so they don't waste any nutrients. The Inuit are seriously one of the stranger cultures this species has ever had in my opinion.

    Plus, they are the original rap-battlers, they sing at each other as a form of conflict resolution/fighting basically.
    Image
    User avatar
    A Thing of Eternity
     
    Posts: 6090
    Joined: 08 Apr 2008 15:35
    Location: Calgary Alberta

    Re: We got bin Laden!

    Postby Freakzilla » 12 May 2011 12:57

    Image
    Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
    ~Pink Snowman
    User avatar
    Freakzilla
    Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
     
    Posts: 18083
    Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
    Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA

    PreviousNext

    Return to ˱

    Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests