• Login
  •          

Postgraduate paper

One of the two remaining Great Schools tasked with mentoring humanity

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Re: Postgraduate paper

Postby Eyes High » 19 Jun 2009 22:53

Freakzilla wrote:Women are evil.

And most men still love them. :angelic-little: :angelic-halofell: :angelic-red:
    What fear is there in the night?
    Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
    Eyes High
    Patience Personified

Postby moreh_yeladim » 21 Jun 2009 22:35

Freakzilla wrote:
    Omphalos wrote:There is also a fictional BG Training Manual floating around out there. I don't think Ive added it to the list yet, but I should have it at home, if you are interested. Its fun, but that's about it.

I've got it on me now.

Torrent? Post?
    Brian Herbert is a perfect example of why you shouldn't leave a universe-spanning empire to your next of kin.
    moreh_yeladim

Postby Omphalos » 21 Jun 2009 22:48

Here it is. Ill be putting it up at T(A)U soon, just as soon as I can find some time to update the list.
    Omphalos
    Inglorious Bastard

Postby moreh_yeladim » 21 Jun 2009 23:50

Omphalos wrote:Here it is. Ill be putting it up at T(A)U soon, just as soon as I can find some time to update the list.

I'm reading the section on poisons and I can see why we call it fictional. It's far to cautionary to be truly Bene Gesserit. A Bene Gesserit would understand that they never truly know everything of their situation and would come prepared with abilities to handle any situation they thought probable in the slightest. Also:

Some religions operate on the probability that there is a god. These religions are extremely vulnerable to exploitation. Catholicism, Judaism, Shinto and the Mormon church are all vulnerable to exploitation methods that take advantage of a lack of faith in a creator.

I find this extremely jarring given that the religion exploited by Muad'dib and the Missionaria Protectiva before him was a fundamentalist Islam with a living manifestation of God. And finally:

Put another way, the absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

I didn't know the Donald Rumsfeld was a Bene Gesserit.
    Brian Herbert is a perfect example of why you shouldn't leave a universe-spanning empire to your next of kin.
    moreh_yeladim

Previous

Return to ˱