Dune Tattoo

    Can't find the appropriate forum for your topic? Post it here!

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

User avatar
nymphitz
Posts: 118
Joined: 26 Feb 2009 16:26
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Dune Tattoo

Postby nymphitz » 27 Feb 2009 13:23

I believe I have posted this on Arrakeen at one point...

Any one want to try their hand, and drawing my next tattoo? 8)

I would like to get a mouse behind my ear. (Kinda curving with/towards my right ear. With the head, at the bottom of my ear, tail at the top...Nothing cartoonie.)

Any takers?

User avatar
Tleilax Master B
Posts: 674
Joined: 11 Feb 2008 10:54
Location: Desert of New Mexico

Postby Tleilax Master B » 27 Feb 2009 13:30

Why don't you post us pictures of your current tattoos. Don't want to duplicate any ideas, or anything. :wink:
Image

User avatar
nymphitz
Posts: 118
Joined: 26 Feb 2009 16:26
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Postby nymphitz » 27 Feb 2009 13:44

Image

8)
...Only tattoo I have at the moment.
(Don't have any sketches of the mouse I have in mind...I'm terrible with a pen.)

User avatar
Tleilax Master B
Posts: 674
Joined: 11 Feb 2008 10:54
Location: Desert of New Mexico

Postby Tleilax Master B » 27 Feb 2009 14:30

Baraka Bryan wrote:
Tleilax Master B wrote:Why don't you post us pictures of your current tattoos. Don't want to duplicate any ideas, or anything. :wink:


that was smooth :P

that's a cool tat nymph. and i love the dogtag


:D Can't blame a brotha for tryin'.
Image

User avatar
Drunken Idaho
Posts: 1197
Joined: 15 Sep 2008 23:56
Location: Ontario, Canada

Postby Drunken Idaho » 27 Feb 2009 14:32

nymphitz wrote:Image

8)
...Only tattoo I have at the moment.
(Don't have any sketches of the mouse I have in mind...I'm terrible with a pen.)


Can't "undo" that tatt!
"The Idahos were never ordinary people."
-Reverend Mother Superior Alma Mavis Taraza

User avatar
nymphitz
Posts: 118
Joined: 26 Feb 2009 16:26
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Postby nymphitz » 27 Feb 2009 14:32

Thank you. :)...Unfortunatly I became a Mac user, afterwards. :roll:

Can't blame a brotha for tryin'.


Tisk tisk, snuck that one right by me! :lol:

Can't "undo" that tatt!


Yay! :P few ppl understand what it means, lol.
Last edited by nymphitz on 27 Feb 2009 14:34, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
SwordMaster
Freakbanned
Posts: 781
Joined: 24 Feb 2009 20:35
Location: Toronto
Contact:

Postby SwordMaster » 27 Feb 2009 15:52

I am sort of a tat fanatic, I adore tats. Can I show the one my wife and I got? Im piggy backing your thread nymphitz! Your tat is awesome but I had seen it before... still cool though



Image

my wife and I both have the exact same design in the same place. the date is when we were married.
I am a turd. Do not emulate me, or Omphalos shall mock you as well.

User avatar
nymphitz
Posts: 118
Joined: 26 Feb 2009 16:26
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Postby nymphitz » 27 Feb 2009 16:37

Aw that's a cute idea SM!

Lundse
Posts: 524
Joined: 01 Jul 2008 11:36
Location: Århus, Denmark

Sorry, but...

Postby Lundse » 27 Feb 2009 17:34

...this is the coolest tattoo ever!

Image

And the only one I would consider getting (do it right, or don't do it). 'Unfortunately' the laws were changed since, and I neither were, am or am planning to be a US citizen, BUT - when that tattoo was inked, it effectively made the recipient a piece of munition under US law.

No amount of flames, skulls, pentagrams or umlauts will ever come close to that!

See also:
http://www.cypherspace.org/adam/rsa

PS:
I did manage to fire one of these of, making me an international arms dealer! (http://online.offshore.com.ai/arms-trafficker)

dunepunk
Posts: 60
Joined: 16 Dec 2008 20:00

Re: Sorry, but...

Postby dunepunk » 28 Feb 2009 17:27

Lundse wrote:...this is the coolest tattoo ever!

Image

And the only one I would consider getting (do it right, or don't do it). 'Unfortunately' the laws were changed since, and I neither were, am or am planning to be a US citizen, BUT - when that tattoo was inked, it effectively made the recipient a piece of munition under US law.

No amount of flames, skulls, pentagrams or umlauts will ever come close to that!

See also:
http://www.cypherspace.org/adam/rsa

PS:
I did manage to fire one of these of, making me an international arms dealer! (http://online.offshore.com.ai/arms-trafficker)


We should've kept it labelled as a munition and then broke out the second amendment a la xkcd
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of sapho that the thoughts acquire speed; the lips aquire stains; the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.

User avatar
A Thing of Eternity
Posts: 6090
Joined: 08 Apr 2008 15:35
Location: Calgary Alberta

Re: Sorry, but...

Postby A Thing of Eternity » 28 Feb 2009 23:53

Lundse wrote:...this is the coolest tattoo ever!

Image

And the only one I would consider getting (do it right, or don't do it). 'Unfortunately' the laws were changed since, and I neither were, am or am planning to be a US citizen, BUT - when that tattoo was inked, it effectively made the recipient a piece of munition under US law.

No amount of flames, skulls, pentagrams or umlauts will ever come close to that!

See also:
http://www.cypherspace.org/adam/rsa

PS:
I did manage to fire one of these of, making me an international arms dealer! (http://online.offshore.com.ai/arms-trafficker)


That is a pretty cool tattoo. Reminds me of when my old drummer got his black belt, he apparently became legally considered a deadly weapon. No joke. He had to be really careful that any fight he ever got in he had witnesses that would state that it was self defense, because if he punches someone he gets charged with assault with a deaply weapon, not just assault. How badass is that?
Image

User avatar
nymphitz
Posts: 118
Joined: 26 Feb 2009 16:26
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Postby nymphitz » 01 Mar 2009 00:58

That is a pretty cool tattoo. Reminds me of when my old drummer got his black belt, he apparently became legally considered a deadly weapon. No joke. He had to be really careful that any fight he ever got in he had witnesses that would state that it was self defense, because if he punches someone he gets charged with assault with a deaply weapon, not just assault. How badass is that?


Wow, thats intense! :shock:

User avatar
ARCH
Posts: 100
Joined: 01 Jul 2008 14:42
Location: grassfield

Postby ARCH » 01 Mar 2009 14:20

Baraka Bryan wrote:
nymphitz wrote:
That is a pretty cool tattoo. Reminds me of when my old drummer got his black belt, he apparently became legally considered a deadly weapon. No joke. He had to be really careful that any fight he ever got in he had witnesses that would state that it was self defense, because if he punches someone he gets charged with assault with a deaply weapon, not just assault. How badass is that?


Wow, thats intense! :shock:


ummmm nymph is that new avatar you?


:lol:
Of course it's her.
She always uses her pics for avatars(or at least she's done it so far)

Nymph, are you still working in a photography studio?
You've seemed to lost a lot weight form your last pic.
How are you gonna wrestle if you're willowynow?(it suits you btw.it's just different so i was surprised for a while)
Did you stop wrestling?

:lol:
Sorry for the questionary but i haven't seen you online for a long time
and am wondering what's new? :D
" Nature beauteous form
Contains a lovely essence
Called by some- decay
By this lovely presence
New life finds its way.
Tears shed silently
Are but water of soul
They bring new life
To the pain of being--
A separation from that seeing
Which death makes whole."
-klAckAlicA-

omnia mea mecum porto.

User avatar
nymphitz
Posts: 118
Joined: 26 Feb 2009 16:26
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Postby nymphitz » 01 Mar 2009 20:08

Eos (the rat) and I. 8)

ARCH! :)
No longer in the studio...I shoot independently now...and work selling camera gear...and attend school, busy busy. :roll:

:oops: Thank you...I'm no longer wrestling. (not professionally anyways... :wink: ) Haven't wrestled since it put me into a neck brace...Someday when I'm not so busy, I'd like to hit the mats again! :)

How about you, stranger? Spill the beans! :D

User avatar
cmsahe
Posts: 598
Joined: 26 Aug 2008 22:40
Location: Mexico City

Re: Dune Tattoo

Postby cmsahe » 03 Mar 2009 00:48

nymphitz wrote:I believe I have posted this on Arrakeen at one point...

Any one want to try their hand, and drawing my next tattoo? 8)

I would like to get a mouse behind my ear. (Kinda curving with/towards my right ear. With the head, at the bottom of my ear, tail at the top...Nothing cartoonie.)

Any takers?
What about Muad'Dib with his maker hooks getting ready to ride a worm?
Only the books written by Frank Herbert are canon.


Who We Are and What We Stand For
http://www.jacurutu.com/viewtopic.php?p=79778#p79778
----
Carlos Santillan, aka cmsahe

User avatar
chanilover
Posts: 1644
Joined: 18 Feb 2008 08:29

Postby chanilover » 03 Mar 2009 04:07

Baron Harkonnen buggering Gurney Halleck.
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
Image
Image

User avatar
SwordMaster
Freakbanned
Posts: 781
Joined: 24 Feb 2009 20:35
Location: Toronto
Contact:

Postby SwordMaster » 06 Mar 2009 20:27

If I got a dune tat it would be a quote, Im not sure what quote but a good LetoII quote 1 line

no absolutes
I am a turd. Do not emulate me, or Omphalos shall mock you as well.

User avatar
Tio_Holtzmann
Posts: 10
Joined: 22 Feb 2009 05:01

Postby Tio_Holtzmann » 06 Mar 2009 20:42

Have you checked the quote database at http://www.dunemessiah.com ? They've got quite a wealth of information.
Image

User avatar
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero
Posts: 14492
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
Location: A continuing state of irritation
Contact:

Postby SandChigger » 06 Mar 2009 23:00

Yeah. Unfortunately they got a wealth of shit mixed in there as well.

Any road followed precisely to its end leads precisely nowhere. You must climb the mountain just a little—enough to test that it's a mountain, enough to see where the other mountains are. From the top of any mountain, you cannot see that mountain.
Empress Herade, consort to Crown Prince Raphael Corrino
(Dune: House Corrino)

What had the Lady Jessica to sustain her in her time of trial? Think you carefully on this Bene Gesserit proverb and perhaps you will see: "Any road followed precisely to its end leads precisely nowhere. Climb the mountain just a little bit to test that it's a mountain. From the top of the mountain, you cannot see the mountain."
—from "Muad'Dib: Family Commentaries" by the Princess Irulan
(Dune, by Frank Herbert)

Stupid asshat pickle-fucker shithead hack. :evil:

User avatar
cmsahe
Posts: 598
Joined: 26 Aug 2008 22:40
Location: Mexico City

Postby cmsahe » 07 Mar 2009 20:57

SwordMaster wrote:If I got a dune tat it would be a quote, Im not sure what quote but a good LetoII quote 1 line

no absolutes
"Here I am, here I remain" I like this one.
Only the books written by Frank Herbert are canon.


Who We Are and What We Stand For
http://www.jacurutu.com/viewtopic.php?p=79778#p79778
----
Carlos Santillan, aka cmsahe

User avatar
cmsahe
Posts: 598
Joined: 26 Aug 2008 22:40
Location: Mexico City

Postby cmsahe » 07 Mar 2009 21:01

SandChigger wrote:Yeah. Unfortunately they got a wealth of shit mixed in there as well.

Any road followed precisely to its end leads precisely nowhere. You must climb the mountain just a little—enough to test that it's a mountain, enough to see where the other mountains are. From the top of any mountain, you cannot see that mountain.
Empress Herade, consort to Crown Prince Raphael Corrino
(Dune: House Corrino)

What had the Lady Jessica to sustain her in her time of trial? Think you carefully on this Bene Gesserit proverb and perhaps you will see: "Any road followed precisely to its end leads precisely nowhere. Climb the mountain just a little bit to test that it's a mountain. From the top of the mountain, you cannot see the mountain."
—from "Muad'Dib: Family Commentaries" by the Princess Irulan
(Dune, by Frank Herbert)

Stupid asshat pickle-fucker shithead hack. :evil:
The hacks plagiarized Frank Herbert, the brainless dumbos!

When Siona and Leto II are on the desert she asks "Is this as good a direction as any other?" -"As long as you keep to it", answered Leto II.
Only the books written by Frank Herbert are canon.


Who We Are and What We Stand For
http://www.jacurutu.com/viewtopic.php?p=79778#p79778
----
Carlos Santillan, aka cmsahe

User avatar
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero
Posts: 14492
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
Location: A continuing state of irritation
Contact:

Postby SandChigger » 07 Mar 2009 22:54

I'm not sure plagiarism is the right word for it. (Brian owns the copyrights after all. :roll: ) And in point of fact it's nastier:

What Frank Herbert called a "Bene Gesserit proverb", they attribute to the consort of a Corrino "Crown Prince"—both characters, no doubt, of their own creation. (In terms of protocol, I seriously doubt it would be correct for the consort to be referred to as an "empress" when the man himself never took the Imperial Crown. Just more stupid shit. :roll: )

Their changes to the wording is also stupid: Even if the consort herself was not BG, the BG would remember and pass on her words exactly.

Asshat hack. :evil:

User avatar
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
Posts: 18244
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Contact:

Postby Freakzilla » 08 Mar 2009 11:14

SandChigger wrote:Their changes to the wording is also stupid: Even if the consort herself was not BG, the BG would remember and pass on her words exactly.

Asshat hack. :evil:


duh... :lol:
Image
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman

theGombeenMan
Posts: 12
Joined: 11 Apr 2009 21:32

Re: Dune Tattoo

Postby theGombeenMan » 12 Apr 2009 23:16

i think you should get a kangaroo mouse instead of regular mouse ...hehe

I designed several i 'll try and give it a shot.. my dune tattoo pics are coming up later this week hopefully

User avatar
SwordMaster
Freakbanned
Posts: 781
Joined: 24 Feb 2009 20:35
Location: Toronto
Contact:

Re: Dune Tattoo

Postby SwordMaster » 14 Apr 2009 09:49

after more thought on the subject. the only true dune image is the sandworm. I reecomend a sandworm tat.
I am a turd. Do not emulate me, or Omphalos shall mock you as well.