Orthodox Herbertarian Facebook Group

    Can't find the appropriate forum for your topic? Post it here!

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

User avatar
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero
Posts: 14492
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
Location: A continuing state of irritation
Contact:

Postby SandChigger » 16 Mar 2009 04:09

Tell 'em it's a new type of genetically altered beef cow. :P

moreh_yeladim
Posts: 92
Joined: 01 Oct 2008 10:30

Postby moreh_yeladim » 17 Mar 2009 16:31

Joined OH FB group. Are we ready to conduct razzia on the BH and KJA Dune group?
Brian Herbert is a perfect example of why you shouldn't leave a universe-spanning empire to your next of kin.

User avatar
ionah
Posts: 32
Joined: 15 May 2009 12:32

Re: Orthodox Herbertarian Facebook Group

Postby ionah » 27 Jun 2009 10:31

please, visit and join also the French Orthodoxian FB Group : " Sur Dune avec Frank Herbert " :animals-ginger:

Image
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=42827052570

even if you do not speak french, it is cool to have people join the brother-community,
you're warmly welcome !! :animals-ginger: :animals-ginger: :animals-ginger: :animals-ginger:

Image

Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero
Posts: 14492
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
Location: A continuing state of irritation
Contact:

Re: Orthodox Herbertarian Facebook Group

Postby SandChigger » 27 Jun 2009 11:40

ionah wrote:Image

:laughing:

User avatar
GamePlayer
70mm God
Posts: 2993
Joined: 09 Feb 2008 11:26
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re: Orthodox Herbertarian Facebook Group

Postby GamePlayer » 29 Jun 2009 10:42

ionah wrote:Image


Loving it :)
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."

User avatar
DuneFishUK
Posts: 1990
Joined: 25 May 2008 14:14
Location: Cool Britannia
Contact:

Re: Orthodox Herbertarian Facebook Group

Postby DuneFishUK » 29 Jun 2009 12:40

ionah wrote:Image

I remember that :whistle:

:)

User avatar
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero
Posts: 14492
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
Location: A continuing state of irritation
Contact:

Re: Orthodox Herbertarian Facebook Group

Postby SandChigger » 29 Jun 2009 18:36

:lol:

Like the prodigal come home, eh? ;)
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"

User avatar
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero
Posts: 14492
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
Location: A continuing state of irritation
Contact:

Jerry sent you a message on Facebook...

Postby SandChigger » 23 Jul 2009 11:54

Jerry sent you a message.

--------------------
Subject: Hating...

I dont know where the Genesis of your hate comes from but I will say this.Mocking,scoffing,and casting stones are really nothing more than a form of self expression which reveals a deep and bitter lack of understanding.It takes so much energy to hate,when love is standing right there waiting to be felt,and enjoyed.Does it feel good to hate? No.It also eats you up inside.

Now about Brian and Kevin.Regardless of how you may feel about someone besides Frank writing about the 'fictional' universe known as the Landsraad,and the characters within it,do you have to personally attack two very nice guys,whom would give you the shirt off their backs?

It is obvious that you dont know them,nor care too.

Im amazed at the things Ive read here,and disappointed.You are missing so much.Both in the form of literature,and friendship.

It is altogether too easy to hate,and an altogether sophomoric reality to engage in heinous E-thuggery.Would you say these things to their faces?Would you feel as convicted,and sure of your hate for these two guys If they were standing right before you?Sincerely.They have families,nice people,and live life just like you each day.They love,they laugh,they have feelings,and they are just trying to get along in the same world as you and I.Take some of that hate that drives you,and turn it inward for a bit.Do you need some sort of validation?Have you been ignored or overlooked?What is your motivation for your hate?

I am a serious fan of Frank Herbert,have been for many years,and love his work/art.I am a serious collector of all things Herbert.

While the writing styles of Frank,Brian, and Kevin are different,there are at least two real good reasons why it is a real Good thing that they are writing these books.

One is that it is enjoyable to continue to experience the world of Dune and all its wonders.

Two is that you you/we have an opportunity to engage in, and become a part of this vast and growing 'fictional' universe and it is fun.

Interaction is about and for sharing opinions and beliefs,we can choose to be nice,or mean in our expression of those opinions.How we choose to do so says much about our character.

I hope in the future that you would reconsider the nature of your opinions,and what you are trying to say,and achieve.

I dont expect to change your opinion about Brian and Kevins work,or even gain your respect,in fact Im quite sure that Im buying myself some future pain by writing to you today,but Its worth sharing what I believe,and asking you the question can we conduct ourselves with dignity,respect,and intelligence when expressing our opinions?

We all deserve that much.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Lets enjoy the literature while we can.

Jerry


"...in fact Im quite sure that Im buying myself some future pain by writing to you today..."

Welcome to my world. :twisted:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"

User avatar
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
Posts: 18257
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Contact:

Re: Jerry sent you a message on Facebook...

Postby Freakzilla » 23 Jul 2009 12:04

SandChigger wrote:
Jerry sent you a message.

--------------------
Subject: Hating...

I dont know where the Genesis of your hate comes from but I will say this.Mocking,scoffing,and casting stones are really nothing more than a form of self expression which reveals a deep and bitter lack of understanding.It takes so much energy to hate,when love is standing right there waiting to be felt,and enjoyed.Does it feel good to hate? No.It also eats you up inside.

Now about Brian and Kevin.Regardless of how you may feel about someone besides Frank writing about the 'fictional' universe known as the Landsraad,and the characters within it,do you have to personally attack two very nice guys,whom would give you the shirt off their backs?

It is obvious that you dont know them,nor care too.

Im amazed at the things Ive read here,and disappointed.You are missing so much.Both in the form of literature,and friendship.

It is altogether too easy to hate,and an altogether sophomoric reality to engage in heinous E-thuggery.Would you say these things to their faces?Would you feel as convicted,and sure of your hate for these two guys If they were standing right before you?Sincerely.They have families,nice people,and live life just like you each day.They love,they laugh,they have feelings,and they are just trying to get along in the same world as you and I.Take some of that hate that drives you,and turn it inward for a bit.Do you need some sort of validation?Have you been ignored or overlooked?What is your motivation for your hate?

I am a serious fan of Frank Herbert,have been for many years,and love his work/art.I am a serious collector of all things Herbert.

While the writing styles of Frank,Brian, and Kevin are different,there are at least two real good reasons why it is a real Good thing that they are writing these books.

One is that it is enjoyable to continue to experience the world of Dune and all its wonders.

Two is that you you/we have an opportunity to engage in, and become a part of this vast and growing 'fictional' universe and it is fun.

Interaction is about and for sharing opinions and beliefs,we can choose to be nice,or mean in our expression of those opinions.How we choose to do so says much about our character.

I hope in the future that you would reconsider the nature of your opinions,and what you are trying to say,and achieve.

I dont expect to change your opinion about Brian and Kevins work,or even gain your respect,in fact Im quite sure that Im buying myself some future pain by writing to you today,but Its worth sharing what I believe,and asking you the question can we conduct ourselves with dignity,respect,and intelligence when expressing our opinions?

We all deserve that much.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Lets enjoy the literature while we can.

Jerry


"...in fact Im quite sure that Im buying myself some future pain by writing to you today..."

Welcome to my world. :twisted:


He's right, you are a mean, old nasty bastard, but that still doesn't change the fact that KJA & BH are shitty hacks.

:lol:
Image
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman

User avatar
Ampoliros
Posts: 2518
Joined: 14 Mar 2008 11:22
Location: I think we took a wrong turn...

Re: Orthodox Herbertarian Facebook Group

Postby Ampoliros » 23 Jul 2009 12:17

Jerry sounds like a nice guy. I don't 'Hate' KJA as a tool. I hate what he's done to Dune. Perhaps we should mention (again) the fact that KJA chooses to ignore, rather than 'interact' with his audience, unless said audience is engaged in fellatio of his works or self.

I'm afraid the fanboys will always look upon Dune as a 'great book' and there in lies the problem, they don't hold anything as sacred.

is it okay to fuck another woman if she's wearing your wife's clothes? It reminds me of a story I heard on NPR where Snapper was asked by Walmart to make a cheaper version of their lawnmowers to sell at Walmart. Snapper said no, because their brand name was built on quality, and it would be counterproductive to their business model and brand name to make a cheap mower just to gain another distributor.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus

User avatar
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero
Posts: 14492
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
Location: A continuing state of irritation
Contact:

Re: Jerry sent you a message on Facebook...

Postby SandChigger » 23 Jul 2009 12:30

Freakzilla wrote:He's right, you are a mean, old nasty bastard

Hey, when did I ever say I was a nice guy or ask anyone to like me? Nyah! :snooty: :P

Well, I'm off to find out who "Jerry" is.

Getting to know you ... you/we,
Getting to know all about you you/we!
:twisted:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"

User avatar
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard
Posts: 6677
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 11:07
Location: The Mighty Central Valley of California
Contact:

Re: Orthodox Herbertarian Facebook Group

Postby Omphalos » 23 Jul 2009 12:30

Love? Who the heck is this guy?

User avatar
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero
Posts: 14492
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
Location: A continuing state of irritation
Contact:

Re: Orthodox Herbertarian Facebook Group

Postby SandChigger » 23 Jul 2009 12:38

Um, (incorrect) capitalization of "Genesis" and mention of "love" screams Xian to me.

Mention of The Hacks Twain giving me the "shirt off their backs" makes me wonder if he knows them personally, like good ole boy Shawn.

I'm wondering if he isn't an older gentleman. I'm not really going to grief him much because that's evidently what he expects me to do and it might feed some latent "What I Did for Love!" martyr need of his. ;)

Edit:

Nope, was wrong on the dotty old guy vibe. Young guy from Orange County. No KJA or HerboMerries among his friends. Who knows. Just another of the silent thousands in one of those Dune groups. A Dune groupie in other words. :roll:
Last edited by SandChigger on 23 Jul 2009 12:46, edited 1 time in total.
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"

User avatar
Mandy
Cat Herder
Posts: 1702
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 20:18
Contact:

Re: Orthodox Herbertarian Facebook Group

Postby Mandy » 23 Jul 2009 12:45

What he really means is that he wants you to conform, don't make waves, don't be an individual with an opinion. Let the mediocrity wash over you, become one with it, lol.
As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hypatia approaches one.

User avatar
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero
Posts: 14492
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
Location: A continuing state of irritation
Contact:

Re: Orthodox Herbertarian Facebook Group

Postby SandChigger » 23 Jul 2009 12:48

Ooh, you scary when you talk dirty like that! :P :lol:

User avatar
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
Posts: 18257
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Contact:

Re: Orthodox Herbertarian Facebook Group

Postby Freakzilla » 23 Jul 2009 12:52

Ampoliros wrote:Jerry sounds like a nice guy. I don't 'Hate' KJA as a tool. I hate what he's done to Dune. Perhaps we should mention (again) the fact that KJA chooses to ignore, rather than 'interact' with his audience, unless said audience is engaged in fellatio of his works or self.

I'm afraid the fanboys will always look upon Dune as a 'great book' and there in lies the problem, they don't hold anything as sacred.

is it okay to fuck another woman if she's wearing your wife's clothes? It reminds me of a story I heard on NPR where Snapper was asked by Walmart to make a cheaper version of their lawnmowers to sell at Walmart. Snapper said no, because their brand name was built on quality, and it would be counterproductive to their business model and brand name to make a cheap mower just to gain another distributor.


That's how I wrote the novel, wanting you to participate with the best of your own imagination. I did not aim for the lowest common denominator and 'write down" to anyone. You and I have a compact and my responsibility is to entertain you as richly as possible, always giving you as much extra as I can. I assume you are intelligent and will enlist your own imagination. You'll see that when you read the Dune excerpt and the other stories in this collection.
~Frank Herbert, Intro to Eye
Image
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman

User avatar
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener
Posts: 3293
Joined: 10 Feb 2008 16:27

Re: Orthodox Herbertarian Facebook Group

Postby Nekhrun » 23 Jul 2009 13:04

I would like to voice my opinion in the most caring and loving way I can express...

Jerry, you fucking tool, why don't you proof read your stupid messages before you hit send? :romance-grouphug:
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros

User avatar
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero
Posts: 14492
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
Location: A continuing state of irritation
Contact:

Re: Orthodox Herbertarian Facebook Group

Postby SandChigger » 23 Jul 2009 13:12

How's this for a reply?

Hi, Jerry.

The last line of your message answers your question in the first: the fact that you can refer to the McDune books as "literature", on a par with Frank Herbert's original Dune novels, is why you don't understand my "hatred". And while that makes me sad, I figure I'll get over it.

Sorry if this disappoints you, but I can't see that you're anyone worth griefing with "future pain" (at least not here on Facebook) simply for having the stones to risk it by voicing your opinion. I can respect that, in a way.

Have a nice, if somewhat limited, life. :)

-Chig


OK ... so maybe I lied just a little...

Arrakeen Sand Chigger is, mmmmm, SO feeling the love right now. Hey, Kevin! Can I really have the shirt off your back?! :D
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"

User avatar
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego
Posts: 18257
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 01:27
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Contact:

Re: Orthodox Herbertarian Facebook Group

Postby Freakzilla » 23 Jul 2009 13:16

SandChigger wrote:How's this for a reply?

Hi, Jerry.

The last line of your message answers your question in the first: the fact that you can refer to the McDune books as "literature", on a par with Frank Herbert's original Dune novels, is why you don't understand my "hatred". And while that makes me sad, I figure I'll get over it.

Sorry if this disappoints you, but I can't see that you're anyone worth griefing with "future pain" (at least not here on Facebook) simply for having the stones to risk it by voicing your opinion. I can respect that, in a way.

Have a nice, if somewhat limited, life. :)

-Chig


OK ... so maybe I lied just a little...

Arrakeen Sand Chigger is, mmmmm, SO feeling the love right now. Hey, Kevin! Can I really have the shirt off your back?! :D


Suprisingly nice. :P
Image
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman

User avatar
GamePlayer
70mm God
Posts: 2993
Joined: 09 Feb 2008 11:26
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re: Orthodox Herbertarian Facebook Group

Postby GamePlayer » 23 Jul 2009 13:51

Literature? Love? Shirts off their backs? What planet is this guy living on? :shock:

Who knew KJA was really Mother Theresa masquerading as a hack pulp novelist? Diabolical! :roll:

"I'm a hustler homey, you a customer Jerry
Got some, dirt on my shoulder, could you brush it off for me?
" :P :lol:
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."

User avatar
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener
Posts: 3293
Joined: 10 Feb 2008 16:27

Re: Orthodox Herbertarian Facebook Group

Postby Nekhrun » 23 Jul 2009 13:58

Freakzilla wrote:
SandChigger wrote:How's this for a reply?

Hi, Jerry.

The last line of your message answers your question in the first: the fact that you can refer to the McDune books as "literature", on a par with Frank Herbert's original Dune novels, is why you don't understand my "hatred". And while that makes me sad, I figure I'll get over it.

Sorry if this disappoints you, but I can't see that you're anyone worth griefing with "future pain" (at least not here on Facebook) simply for having the stones to risk it by voicing your opinion. I can respect that, in a way.

Have a nice, if somewhat limited, life. :)

-Chig


OK ... so maybe I lied just a little...

Arrakeen Sand Chigger is, mmmmm, SO feeling the love right now. Hey, Kevin! Can I really have the shirt off your back?! :D


Suprisingly nice. :P

SandChigger won't just give you the shirt of his back, he'll put his picture on it for you too!

Nice replies like that will just keep them writing. That can be fun too, but what more do we need to know about this guy other than the fact that he can't read or write?
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros

User avatar
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero
Posts: 14492
Joined: 08 Feb 2008 22:29
Location: A continuing state of irritation
Contact:

Re: Orthodox Herbertarian Facebook Group

Postby SandChigger » 23 Jul 2009 14:18

Nekhrun wrote:SandChigger won't just give you the shirt of his back, he'll put his picture on it for you too!

:D Dude ... that is SO my new ad copy! :lol: (What's your size and where do I send the complimentary shirt? :P )

Nice replies like that will just keep them writing. That can be fun too, but what more do we need to know about this guy other than the fact that he can't read or write?

Hey, if he writes back, I can always just ignore him. ;)

Or not, as my mood takes me. :twisted:

But probably I'll just ignore him, because I can't see that he is anybody, really. I can't even see where I crossed his radar, since he doesn't appear to belong to any of my groups.... :?: :!: :?:

User avatar
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard
Posts: 6677
Joined: 05 Feb 2008 11:07
Location: The Mighty Central Valley of California
Contact:

Re: Orthodox Herbertarian Facebook Group

Postby Omphalos » 23 Jul 2009 15:16

Mood is a thing for cattle! And love play!

User avatar
SadisticCynic
Posts: 2052
Joined: 07 Apr 2009 09:28
Location: In Time or in Space?

Re: Jerry sent you a message on Facebook...

Postby SadisticCynic » 23 Jul 2009 17:43

SandChigger wrote:
Jerry sent you a message.

--------------------
Subject: Hating...

I dont know where the Genesis of your hate comes from but I will say this.Mocking,scoffing,and casting stones are really nothing more than a form of self expression which reveals a deep and bitter lack of understanding.It takes so much energy to hate,when love is standing right there waiting to be felt,and enjoyed.Does it feel good to hate? No.It also eats you up inside.

Now about Brian and Kevin.Regardless of how you may feel about someone besides Frank writing about the 'fictional' universe known as the Landsraad,and the characters within it,do you have to personally attack two very nice guys,whom would give you the shirt off their backs?

It is obvious that you dont know them,nor care too.

Im amazed at the things Ive read here,and disappointed.You are missing so much.Both in the form of literature,and friendship.

It is altogether too easy to hate,and an altogether sophomoric reality to engage in heinous E-thuggery.Would you say these things to their faces?Would you feel as convicted,and sure of your hate for these two guys If they were standing right before you?Sincerely.They have families,nice people,and live life just like you each day.They love,they laugh,they have feelings,and they are just trying to get along in the same world as you and I.Take some of that hate that drives you,and turn it inward for a bit.Do you need some sort of validation?Have you been ignored or overlooked?What is your motivation for your hate?

I am a serious fan of Frank Herbert,have been for many years,and love his work/art.I am a serious collector of all things Herbert.

While the writing styles of Frank,Brian, and Kevin are different,there are at least two real good reasons why it is a real Good thing that they are writing these books.

One is that it is enjoyable to continue to experience the world of Dune and all its wonders.

Two is that you you/we have an opportunity to engage in, and become a part of this vast and growing 'fictional' universe and it is fun.

Interaction is about and for sharing opinions and beliefs,we can choose to be nice,or mean in our expression of those opinions.How we choose to do so says much about our character.

I hope in the future that you would reconsider the nature of your opinions,and what you are trying to say,and achieve.

I dont expect to change your opinion about Brian and Kevins work,or even gain your respect,in fact Im quite sure that Im buying myself some future pain by writing to you today,but Its worth sharing what I believe,and asking you the question can we conduct ourselves with dignity,respect,and intelligence when expressing our opinions?

We all deserve that much.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Lets enjoy the literature while we can.

Jerry


"...in fact Im quite sure that Im buying myself some future pain by writing to you today..."

Welcome to my world. :twisted:


Um, what universe is he talking about? :?
Misunderstanding Dune, that sounds familiar... (and why is fictional in inverted commas?)
Ah English, the language where pretty much any word can have any meaning! - A Thing of Eternity

User avatar
SandRider
Watermaster
Posts: 6163
Joined: 05 Oct 2008 16:14
Location: In the back of your mind. Always.
Contact:

Re: Orthodox Herbertarian Facebook Group

Postby SandRider » 23 Jul 2009 18:08

yes, Jerry, I would say all those mean, nasty, hateful things
to both of the Tools' faces. In a way, I have, sending many,
many, many, many, nasty emails directed to both of them &
the Lackey Merritt.

I've said it before, I'll say it again :
Kevin J. Anderson just needs his bitch-ass whipped
real good once or twice. (Brian, not so much. He's too
pathetic.)(Merritt needs an old-fashioned Texas stomp-
down.)

wow. such bitter anger & violent thoughts. why,
O SandRider, why ?

"frustration" - nothing can be done with words to convince
these assholes, or the asshole publishers, that the new books
are an affront to Frank and should be stopped, pulled from the
shelves and burned. Dipshits like you, Jerry, are the reason
why. (so go fuck yourself, too. asshat.)

when an intolerable situation reaches apex with no peaceful
solution apparent, somebody always get their ass whipped ...

welcome to the human race.
tool.
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008